1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

good news on Brent Grimes

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Perfectville_USA, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Perfectville_USA

Perfectville_USA Mr Perfect

Dec 27, 2012
    Syracuse NY
    Brent Grimes - DB - Dolphins
    Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland told reporters Thursday that CB Brent Grimes (Achilles' surgery) is far enough along that he's "close" to being a participant in the club's offseason conditioning program.

Assuming Ireland's words can be taken at face value, Grimes should be all systems go before training camp. "He’s doing really well," said Ireland. "He’s almost to the point where he’s ready to participate in the offseason conditioning program." The Dolphins are counting on Grimes to be a starter this year.
    Source: Adam Beasley on Twitter

With CB being a huge weakness, this is great news. Guy is a studd when healthy. we need him to solve one of the CB spots for us. If healthy, he might be our best defensive back on our team.

2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

May I remind you that this is the official time of the NLS (NFL Liars' Season). Could be that he's doing well...could be that it's a smokescreen for other teams...If he comes out and said that when we signed him, I might believe it more. At this point, whether he's trying to be sincere or not, you can't really believe what you hear from GM types...

For that reason and that reason only, I'm not excited or worried about Grimes right now...see me in several weeks...

3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I'm being honest here when I say that I'm not sure that's good news. It's sort of like finding out that March's trade balance was better than expected but that January and February's were revised downward.

I'd already thought him recovered from the Achilles injury, with the only question being whether he'd have the same explosiveness as before.

Bpk likes this.
  4. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Reading way too much into it, imo.

He can be recovered and still not participating in conditioning bc they want to give him plenty of time, which he has.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  5. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Knew he wasn't recovered when we signed him. Word was he was behind on his rehab when free agency broke. There's still doubt about whether he will be ready for the season.

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I saw a training video of him a few weeks ago..he's recovered, and this was predictable and expected, from what I saw..

7. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    He looked great in that video, but Grimes himself was still saying he wasn't fully recovered.

I don't see this as negative news at all. When we signed him it was said he wasn't fully healthy, but that they expected him to be healthy by training camp. Now the report is that he will be healthy enough to participate in the off-season conditioning program before training camp. Basically, he's ahead of the very conservative estimate they provided at the time of signing.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  8. Wile e coyote

Wile e coyote New Member

Feb 6, 2013
    That's good, hope he can help the 2x rookies C/B we get in the draft.............

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I estimated when those videos were taken and how much time he had til mandatory offseason stuff, then how progressed and fluid he looked in the videos, and thought he would be ready to go..some of those exercises he was doing requires that tendon to be fully recovered, if it wasn't they wouldn't take the chance, maybe a bit more strength, but I'm really happy he'll learn the scheme on the field.

10. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    I think Ireland did his research and was very comfortable and positive that Grimes was well on his way to a full recovery - pretty soon (I saw that same video, DJ). And, I think Ireland was straightforward about his research into the achilles injury, the recovery, what his doctors said. He seemed pretty confident and I expect Grimes to be near 100% (which also means all the muscles around the achilles are at full strength) by the start of camp in July or at the latest Mid August.

djphinfan likes this.