Good Lord why a Sunday Night Game???

31 replies

KeyFinKeyFinForum VeteranOP
Sep 26, 2010, 01:59 PM

Heh, I've waited all week for the game and Sunday is finally here....and in the Carolinas it's raining like mad. I had planned to pass the afternoon with yardwork so that's out, and I'm going stir crazy waiting for the late kickoff. I hate it that we have to wait several more hours!

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

PHPhinatic425New Member
Sep 26, 2010, 02:01 PM

I feel you but there is nothing quite like a primetime game against a hated rival AT HOME!!!!

LETS GOO!!!!

It's Sunday Morning, Where the Phins at?

BayAreaFinFanBayAreaFinFanSupporter
Sep 26, 2010, 02:03 PM

Same here. Staring at the TV with other games on but paying no attention. My mind keeps wandering to tonight.

DolfanJakeDolfanJakeNew Member
Sep 26, 2010, 02:09 PM

"Phinatic425 wrote:

I feel you but there is nothing quite like a primetime game against a hated rival AT HOME!!!!

LETS GOO!!!!

The Dolphins are I believe the last team to appear on Sunday Night Football on NBC. This is our chance to appear finally in front of a national media audience and maybe finally get some respect. If you have to wait a couple hours extra, so be it.

The home of The English Rugby Club - http://www.rfu.com/

GreysonWinfieldGreysonWinfieldNew Member
Sep 26, 2010, 02:09 PM

I'm hearing ya. I changed all the doorknobs in the house and am about to change a flat on my bike. Maybe a little work on the 69 Pontiac.

One game at a time: Your 2016 Miami Dolphins.
A team without leadership, players without heart: Your 2015 Miami Dolphins.
Carrying on a decade plus of underachieving and mediocrity: Your 2014 Miami Dolphins.
Pissing on your dreams and tearing your heart out: Your 2013 Miami Dolphins.

SIsiciliansithForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2010, 02:10 PM

"keith075 wrote:

Heh, I've waited all week for the game and Sunday is finally here....and in the Carolinas it's raining like mad. I had planned to pass the afternoon with yardwork so that's out, and I'm going stir crazy waiting for the late kickoff. I hate it that we have to wait several more hours!

its like Sex the longer ya make it last the better it is :shifty:

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Sep 26, 2010, 02:10 PM

I would prefer all our games were at 1pm Eastern Time.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

BayAreaFinFanBayAreaFinFanSupporter
Sep 26, 2010, 02:12 PM

next week is even a longer wait.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Sep 26, 2010, 02:19 PM

Cause the wolves like to Howl at night...

SCall13SCall13New Member
Sep 26, 2010, 02:22 PM

Don't feel so bad about it being a late game. I have to get up at 4:00 am to watch it here. (Afghanistan) :pity:

"Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision." - Muhammad Ali

BayAreaFinFanBayAreaFinFanSupporter
Sep 26, 2010, 02:32 PM

"SCall13 wrote:

Don't feel so bad about it being a late game. I have to get up at 4:00 am to watch it here. (Afghanistan) :pity:

Thank you for your sacrifices. :salute: stay safe man!

xphinfanxxphinfanxForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2010, 02:42 PM

Think of it this way atleast being the late game we get to watch it.

That's why they play the games!:yes:

SIsiciliansithForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2010, 02:47 PM

"SCall13 wrote:

Don't feel so bad about it being a late game. I have to get up at 4:00 am to watch it here. (Afghanistan) :pity:

Rock on Sir, die hard fan. Keep up the great work we love ya for all you guys do

ZodZodNew Member
Sep 26, 2010, 02:51 PM

"keith075 wrote:

Heh, I've waited all week for the game and Sunday is finally here....and in the Carolinas it's raining like mad. I had planned to pass the afternoon with yardwork so that's out, and I'm going stir crazy waiting for the late kickoff. I hate it that we have to wait several more hours!

Tune into the Buffalo/NE game. It's fun watching the might Patriots suck worse than I have seen in a decade. Remember that this is the same Patriots team that the Jets built the one game reputation on this year. :lol:

This division is ours for the taking! :yes:

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2010, 02:52 PM

"SCall13 wrote:

Don't feel so bad about it being a late game. I have to get up at 4:00 am to watch it here. (Afghanistan) :pity:

Okay, serving our country overseas definitely trumps a little bit of rain in the Carolinas...going to trim trees now.

Thanks for serving our country!

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

firedanfiredanForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2010, 03:07 PM

I'll be a Bills fan until 4:00pm.

ScottishFinScottishFinSupporter
Sep 26, 2010, 03:29 PM

COuld be worse , kickoff is 1.20am here and i start work at 6 :)

Planned to get some sleep this afternoon , that failed as i cant wait for the game , looks like its a zombie day at work tomorrow :D

MON THE PHINS :)

firedanfiredanForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2010, 03:30 PM

It is nice to get showcased once in a while .

fragsfragsNew Member
Sep 26, 2010, 03:49 PM

"firedan wrote:

It is nice to get showcased once in a while .

As long as we showcase :up:

Thank you for the service SCall13, make sure the whole barracks, and base for that matter, hears you!!!

8:00pm cannot come any sooner! :tantrum:

HUhuck1974New Member
Sep 26, 2010, 05:18 PM

"MrClean wrote:

I would prefer all our games were at 1pm Eastern Time.

All we have to do is suck again and your wish will come true.
I'm fine with prime time.

.

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2010, 05:28 PM

"huck1974 wrote:

All we have to do is suck again and your wish will come true.
I'm fine with prime time.

Exactly...they suck = no primetime

Colorado DolfanColorado DolfanNew Member
Sep 26, 2010, 05:35 PM

Only have to wait 'til 6pm here! Woot! Go 'Phins!

Get dirty, get bloody, get sweaty...

...get happy.

-Cam Wake

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
Sep 26, 2010, 05:54 PM

Longest Sunday Ever! :up:

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Sep 26, 2010, 06:06 PM

leon washington with a 100 yard kickoff TD..who did the jets replace him with..?

delusional fans

HUhuck1974New Member
Sep 26, 2010, 06:07 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

leon washington with a 100 yard kickoff TD..who did the jets replace him with..?

delusional fans

Pat Turner is the savior

.