1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Article About Our FA's

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by slickj101, Jan 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/..._key_d.html?cxntfid=blogs_inside_the_dolphins

I say lock up Bell for sure and Goodman and Carey if the money is right.

Crowder frustrates me at times and really depends on whether or not we can find a better LB, or 3, 4. I hope we can land Karlos Dansby (Ari) either way.

My money is on our D being a huge focus of FA, and dammit I cannot wait!

cnc66, SICK, Celtkin and 1 other person like this.
  2. GRT8

GRT8 Premium Member Luxury Box

Mar 24, 2008
    Virgina
    Bell is solid and a favorite of mine, but they need a high draft pick in the secondary at safety to make a difference. This will be a main focus for Miami

3. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I hope we hit on 5-6 starters from the draft, no matter what position they play. one more draft like the success we had last year and this franchise will take another huge step in the right direction.

I don't really care what positions so much so long as the pos. we do draft pan out and become starters quickly. We have a young talented team, it would be nice to keep that rolling.

I would like to see bell back. The others i could go either way, if we draft better, then let em go. If we get a good deal, then sign them. Their average players that i like, but also am realistic we could upgrade the talent at RT, CB and LB.

4. New Era

New Era Waterboy

Nov 28, 2007
    Bell is a must sign...

Goodman is better than most other options with FA....

Crowder is also better than most options in FA...

Carey just needs to sign a 3-4 year deal for average money. He did not play well enough to get the big bucks this year.

The draft will be huge on fixing the OLINE & DE PASS RUSHERS...but keep in mind the Secondary is 30+ years old and the WR's...we only have 4 that can play. We don't need to get into another game with ONLY 2 WR's.

5. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I wouldnt mind signing Crowder and Carey, but I think Goodman and possibly Bell are gone.

Id look for Ireland to be smart in FA just as he and Parcells were last offseason. They've shown that you dont need to spend a boat load to be successful.

6. my 2 cents

my 2 cents Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    If Carey REALLY wants to stay......I still envision him ultimately as a guard and he could supply lots of versatility in his ability to swing back to tackle for short periods and an inside presence...but he would have to forgo some rubbles.................and solve any guard problems.

7. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I don't think the offensive line when healthy is that far off. It's just we've had utter crap at the guard positions for a while now. At full health with a more powerful C they might just be dominant. I was never afraid the entire year of our tackles being destroyed and losing us the game.