1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Go Navy beat Army

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by cnc66, Dec 6, 2008.

1. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Well, we have the 109th Army-Navy game going. Navy is leading 7-0 from a big play, but Army is playing tough so it's a slugfest. Navy has had 13 consecutive wins over the other two service teams that field a team, Army and Air Force.

Both squads are wearing new uni's today, Army's rocks. Black stockings, desert cammy pants and helmet, black jerseys with "Duty, Honor, Country" instead of a name. Navy looks like yuck. Navy lost their most excellent coach, Paul Johnson, who is making GT a darned good team.. ask my Canes(booo) or the Bulldogs(yea!!!) so I expected a drop off. To my pleasure, they have played pretty good, and stand a good chance of making it 7 in a row today.

Go Navy !

gafinfan likes this.
  2. cnc66

Nov 23, 2007
    Navy scored a fieldgoal just before the end of the first quarter. 10-0

3. Themole

Themole Season Ticket Holder

Jan 4, 2008
    Palatka Fl.

Marty, Armies uniforms are awesome! Camo helmets, pants and numbers. I would love to have a jersey from each of the academy's. I noticed that the Navy players have their respective branches emblem on their sleeve.

My God! I hold both in such high esteem I just have to say: GO USA! Go beat back despotism, anywhere you can find it.

cnc66 likes this.
  4. cnc66

Nov 23, 2007
    When I went out this am for vittles I wore cammy pants and one of my submarine tees.. Go Navy!

[​IMG]

gafinfan likes this.
  5. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    I gotta go with Navy in this game. My brother was in the Navy for 4 years, and he's just re-enlisted, so Go Navy!:up:

gafinfan and cnc66 like this.
  6. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Go Navy :up:.The series has been one sided for so long its almost a gimme game ....needle .:wink2:

cnc66 likes this.
  7. Themole

Jan 4, 2008
    Palatka Fl.
    Navy draws first blood! Sitting here watching and listening to this game in HD & Surround Sound "Anchors Away" brought tears of pride to my eyes. Armies QB Bowden, Dad is X Gator from Plant City. I think I heard them say Navy has a FT Walton Beach boy on their team. Florida representing!

cnc66 likes this.
  8. Themole

Jan 4, 2008
    Palatka Fl.
    If they would take those damn Jarheads off the D line maybe Army could move the ball! :lol:

9. cnc66

Nov 23, 2007
    no way.. gotta love those Devil Dogs, they're holding their ground well through a full half. Army needs to score to stay within a balanced attack, if Navy gets one more on them they'll have to go pass happy, and our grunts will be qb hunting.

gafinfan and Jaydog57 like this.
  10. Themole

Jan 4, 2008
    Palatka Fl.
    I salute your brother Jaydog. :salute: Hey Mods! Can we get a Right handed salute? What's up with that left handed stuff?

11. Jaydog57

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Thanks man, he's already done 6 months in Iraq and he's going back for another 6 next year. He's lost a few friends over there, but he stays pretty safe. He's got some crazy stories. He was on one of the ships that got blasted with a suicide bombing a few years ago. He works with the radar and telecommunications, and he works on a transport ship, they bring the guys over there. My grandfather was in the Navy during WWII, we have a history of watching the ship.:knucks:

Good luck with your Gators today Mole, they've earned it.:up:

Themole likes this.
  12. cnc66

Nov 23, 2007

Don't blame the Mods thank you, thats an Admin affair.

Welll, great news, Navy held Army to no points.. that's none, nada, zero while hanging 34 on them. A good day all around for the Navy unit. We are now up on Army 7 in a row, the longest winning streak in the 109 year history of the series. Navy won the first one too. :up:

May God Bless all those who serve.

13. Jaydog57

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Awesome man. You're a Navy man yourself, thanks for what you've done and congrats on a great win for those guys.:knucks:

14. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Man, that does this old heart good!!:up::up:

So true Marty and please bring them home safe!!

15. Oboy

Oboy Premium Member Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Wow Happy for Navy in the game...

However, the if you compare the uni's, Army wins hands down. Those camo pants and helmets ROCK. Plus the "Duty, Honor, Country" on the back of the jersey. Man, almost makes me want to go out and just buy one. COOL as hell uniforms. Hope they keep them.

Themole and cnc66 like this.