Global warming theory in chaos after report finds increased solar activity may COOL t
11 replies
Just further evidence, that there is no evidence.
A puzzling discovery has raised a question mark over the Sun's impact on climate change and could provide ammunition for sceptics, it was revealed today.
Until now it has been assumed that less activity from the Sun equates to less warming of the Earth.
But the new research, which focuses on a three-year snapshot of time between 2004 and 2007, suggests the opposite may be true.
As solar activity waned at the end of one of the Sun's 11-year cycles, the new data show the amount of energy reaching the Earth at visible wavelengths rose rather than fell.
Is awaiting for global warming advocating scientists to say, that their model (after tweaking) predicts exactly this.
At face value, the data seem incredibly important,' Michael Lockwood, a space physicist at the University of Reading, told Nature.com.
'If solar activity is out of phase with solar radiative forcing, it could change our understanding of how processes in the troposphere and stratosphere act to modulate Earth's climate.'
'The findings could prove very significant when it comes to understanding, and quantifying, natural climate fluctuations,' he added.
'But no matter how you look at it, the Sun's influence on current climate change is at best a small natural add-on to man-made greenhouse warming.'
'All the evidence is that the vast majority of warming is anthropogenic. It might be that the solar part isn't quite working the way we thought it would, but it is certainly not a seismic rupture of the science.'
Oh, they don't even bother with the model parts now. Just outright dismissal. A funny one at that. Would there be any warming without the sun?
"jdang307 wrote:
Just further evidence, that there is no evidence.
Is awaiting for global warming advocating scientists to say, that their model (after tweaking) predicts exactly this.
Oh, they don't even bother with the model parts now. Just outright dismissal. A funny one at that. Would there be any warming without the sun?
Our models are wrong, our assumptions behind the models are wrong, but we are 100% sure that we are right.
Sounds about ... right.
No evidence other than those pesky melting glaciers... ;)
http://missoulian.com/news/local/article_5fb43298-42c6-11df-9583-001cc4c03286.html
"Celtkin wrote:
No evidence other than those pesky melting glaciers... ;)
http://missoulian.com/news/local/article_5fb43298-42c6-11df-9583-001cc4c03286.html
Evidence for global warming or anthropogenic global warming?
"Zach13 wrote:
Evidence for global warming or anthropogenic global warming?
Well one thing is for certain, Global Warming is definitely Man-made...
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"Celtkin wrote:
No evidence other than those pesky melting glaciers... ;)
http://missoulian.com/news/local/article_5fb43298-42c6-11df-9583-001cc4c03286.html
not to mention evidence of past warmings due to increases in gasses in the atmosphere................
thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs. 

Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.
"lmeister3 wrote:
Well one thing is for certain, Global Warming is definitely Man-made...
I would put that under the likely a false assumption category. The glacial melt off can still be attributed to volcanic activity.

"rafael wrote:
I would put that under the likely a false assumption category. The glacial melt off can still be attributed to volcanic activity.
Re-read that :pointlol:
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"lmeister3 wrote:
Re-read that :pointlol:
I don't understand what you're saying. It seems that you're saying that its evidence that global warming is man made. I don't agree. I see the evidence as saying (at best) that one of the potential causes has been eliminated.

"rafael wrote:
I don't understand what you're saying. It seems that you're saying that its evidence that global warming is man made. I don't agree. I see the evidence as saying (at best) that one of the potential causes has been eliminated.
I'm confused also. Unless he's joking?
Anyhow, the entire man made Global Warming hoax has pretty much fizzled. I remember as a kid (not too long ago) the popular scare was actually man made global cooling. The talk was how certain chemicals being sent into the atmosphere was going to cause another ice age SOON! :lol:
Well, scientists can't even tell me if it's going to rain tomorrow without being wrong half the time. How in the world are they going to predict man made global warming?
The facts are, the Earth goes through NATURAL warming and cooling periods. These things have happened before humans and will happen after humans.
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
I'm confused also. Unless he's joking?
Anyhow, the entire man made Global Warming hoax has pretty much fizzled. I remember as a kid (not too long ago) the popular scare was actually man made global cooling. The talk was how certain chemicals being sent into the atmosphere was going to cause another ice age SOON! :lol:
Well, scientists can't even tell me if it's going to rain tomorrow without being wrong half the time. How in the world are they going to predict man made global warming?
The facts are, the Earth goes through NATURAL warming and cooling periods. These things have happened before humans and will happen after humans.
I assumed it was a joke I missed as well.
As for the rest, I also remember when it was man made global cooling. And I agree that there are natural cycles. I don't believe we are anywhere near the point where we can say what causes or effects those cycles. And that includes man.
