1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glance back at the HC hires for '16

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Carmen Cygni, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Carmen Cygni

Carmen Cygni Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    eltos_lightfoot likes this.
  2. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    "Pederson spent most of his 10 NFL seasons as a backup quarterback (3-14 as a starter) before becoming a high school coach and then an assistant in Philly under Andy Reid, who brought him along to Kansas City. Pederson has spent only three years in the league as a coordinator, all under a head coach who is a dominant offensive voice..."

99% of this board would have **** a brick and then whined before he even coached one game.

3. eltos_lightfoot

eltos_lightfoot Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2008
    There was a similar reaction to Mike McCarthy in Green Bay...

4. eltos_lightfoot

Apr 14, 2008
    Yeesh, looking at that list, it is undeniable how lucky we got. Pederson was the only one that has it over Gase to this point. A couple have already been fired, and a couple more probably should have been.

danmarino likes this.
  5. Carmen Cygni

Carmen Cygni Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    That's yet to be seen. There's also the probability that those other ballclubs just got an earlier jump than us on resetting their staff once again.

6. eltos_lightfoot

Apr 14, 2008
    I mean, I would like to say that you are wrong, but I also accept that you may be right (as the Billy Joel song goes). I really hope that Gase shows us he is the right man for the job this year. If not? Maybe we can get McDaniel? :D

edited to add: And in the case of the Bucs and the Browns, they certainly did not get the jump on us.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018