Girl wins State HS Track Title - By Herself
9 replies
http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=806832
AUSTIN, Texas -- Bonnie Richardson ran. She threw. She jumped.
And when it was time to hand out the team trophies, Richardson accepted the 1A team championship for Rochelle High School -- by herself.Bonnie Richardson of Rochelle High School scored 42 team points to win the Texas 1A track title.
Richardson was the only Rochelle athlete to qualify for the state meet and stunningly won the team title. University Interscholastic League officials said it was the first time they can remember a single athlete winning a girls' team title.
It's happened before on the boys' side, but not since former Baylor Bear and Pittsburgh Steeler Frank Pollard did it for Meridian High School in the 1970s, said UIL Athletics Director Charles Breithaupt.
So......... There's no "I" in TEAM huh? :lol:

"I'd play football if my parents would let me," she said. "Not quarterback. Defense."
What a gal!!

Proud Mom of Yeremiah Bell and the jets still suck!:up:
"jason8er wrote:
http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=806832
So......... There's no "I" in TEAM huh? :lol:
Is it the girl in your avatar????

"jason8er wrote:
http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=806832
So......... There's no "I" in TEAM huh? :lol:
No, but as I always used to tell my coach, there is a 'ME'.:tongue2:
Honor in Virtue. Truth in Sacrifice. Strength in All.
Damn, proves woman can do whatever men can. Good for her.
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
Not trying to be sexist, but that's not true. It's not like she went out and beat a bunch of males. Girls sports are so boring to me, the WNBA is similar to watching paint dry.
As for the story, good for her, pretty neat.
When I made the comment, I was thinking like she can do what we can do in HER category. I don't really know how to explain lol. But I do agree that WNBA is absolutely boring.
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
Ah, gotcha. :up:
The fact that there are tens of thousands of mens high school teams that could beat WNBA teams is enough for me not to watch.
LOL. I am pretty sure you are way off-base with this comment. Maybe you think you and a bunch of friends could be the girls team at Uconn or Tenn. I would love to watch this.
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
Not trying to be sexist, but that's not true. It's not like she went out and beat a bunch of males. Girls sports are so boring to me, the WNBA is similar to watching paint dry.
As for the story, good for her, pretty neat.
I remember watching one of the early WNBA games in which one team shot under 20 percent for the game. I think the number was 11 actually, it was good for comedy though. :lol:
Though there are a few ladies that can play.
Well done youg lady. And to the guy that said it's no big feat....are you kidding me??
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
I'm sure we could. Have you ever watched women's basketball? I've seen girls at the division 1 level miss wide open layups.
We used to say that of the soccer team in our region. That our high school team could easily dispose of the college women's soccer team. A 6-0 score later, and we learned that sometimes it is utterly a cowardice thing to say things like this just to say things like this.
A WNBA team would not beat an NBA team. I am sure of that. But a WNBA team would wipe the floor with you and any High school basketball team. Not only wipe the floor, but it would be a humiliating wiping of the floor. You can't compare pro level (even women's basketball pro level) to dudes like you and me. Those ladies make a living in sports, that in itself makes them more athletic than you and i, who don't make a living in sports.

In the old times it was not a crime!!!!