1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ginn to be Miami's #1? - NFL.com

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by 124, Jun 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    alen1, Kanye West, Silverphin and 2 others like this.
  2. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    I always assumed he would be our #1 anyway. I think if we are going to pass the ball, we need to find as many ways as possible to get it to Ted Ginn.

3. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    No, I do think we will be a running team. I said if and when we do pass, it should be to Ginn as much as possible.

God help us if we decide to rely on the pass this year, because we are in no way set up for it.

If we run the ball we win games IMO :up:

4. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    we dont have anyone else capable of being a #1. After Chambers was traded Ginn was the best reciever Miami had

5. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Ginn is the only receiver we have that the defense has to worry about taking it all the way, everyone else is a possesion receiver. We will run the ball more than passing it, but we o have to at least try to keep the defense from stacking 8-9 guys in the box all the time, and Ginn is the one they must be concerned with. If he can have early success, that will only help the run game.
    So yeah, I think he's our clear number one from the threat standpoint, and also from game changing ability, with or without the ball in his hands.

6. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    He's definitely earned the job over Hagan, and Wilford just isn't a #1 receiver type of guy. Ginn will prove to be worthy of the job after a full off season and last year's experience under his belt.

7. arsenal

arsenal Sunglasses and advil

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    why is this surprising? we all knew hed go into this year as the number 1... hes clearly the most talented WR we have

alen1 likes this.
  8. Dtronic

Dtronic Season Tickets Sec. 150

Dec 7, 2007
    Cape Coral FL
    He's the only one on the roster that could be a #1. And no he hasn't earned it but gets it by default.

9. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    i had a dream we won our season opener last night...and i was smiling because i was thinking it will be nice not to have to worry about going winless

cnc66 likes this.
  10. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    Well, if you only have on receiver that needs covering, defenses can still stack the box.

Dolphins are going to have some troubles this year on offense as there looks to be very little in terms of weapons. No QB, No WR, No TE and questionable RB.

Of course, stars could align and emerge but on paper, it looks pretty bad.

BZ

11. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    I sincerely hope the DC of every team we play this year thinks this way as well! :wink2:

12. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    The concern that Jets fans have about our offense it touching and heartfelt. Really. It is. But I'm equally concerned that maybe you should be lending your opinions and insight to the Jets offense that has just as many question marks as the Dolphins.

MelbournePhin likes this.
  13. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    "Just as many"?

I think you need to take a look at the rosters again.

QB: Pennington/Clemmens vs Mcown/Beck - Clemmens and Beck cross each other out but Chad > Mcown.

WR: Coles/Cotchery vs Ginn / ? - So over 1,700 combined yards with?

RB: Jones/Washington vs Brown/Williams - Brown is probably better than Jones but hasn't stayed healthy enough to prove it. Jones has three years over over 1,000 yards.

TE: Baker/Franks vs ?

I am not saying the Jets don't have huge question marks, but they are more about how the players will come together and play, not if we actually HAVE any talent.

BZ

14. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    I think Ted ginn jr should be our number 1 wide reciver these are his stats from last year

http://www.nfl.com/players/tedginnjr./careerstats?id=GIN403290

[​IMG]

If he has beefed up like they say he has he should be even better and he has also been working on his route running that is good. He also has some of the best hands I have seen t catch 34 out of 36 passes is great for his confidence

15. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    That's right. The poor Dolphins. No talent at all on offense. Not "ANY". What are we going to do? Bums like Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Ted Ginn, Jake Long, Samson Satele, Earnest Wilford are completely devoid of talent.

It's a good thing that there are concerned Jets fans such as yourself to point out the fact that we don't have any talent so we can do something about it.

[​IMG]

BwanaZulia likes this.
  16. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    this thread was probably started so jet fan could take subtle jabs. it seems to be effective

17. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Let's just all remember the "no smack" thread stickied at the top ...

This season will be interesting. Jets have a history of having a good year following a bad year then good year then bad year. Look it up! They went 4-12 last year, so it'll be interesting.

Ginn is a very capable #1. I very much faith our offense will be pretty decent. Just the fact our o-line and either Ricky or Ronnie, or both, will be good to go.

18. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    He could be our #1, though that's not saying much. Anything over 700 yards will be a boon.

19. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

No doubt about it. 60/40 run to pass ratio. We're going to punish the other team with our two power backs.

20. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Run the ball, and play defense.
    Thats the best formula, in my mind.

21. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

O have doubts as to whether Ginn is physical enough to fight through heavy jamming and hard play by #1 corners... of course, the only way for him to grow and GET good at it is to put him out there.

i think Ted is a KILLER #2 receiver, but may disappear for stretches as a #1 receiver when he runs onto a corner who can push him around.

Bpk

22. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    It used to be the best formula. Ever since the rule restricting contact between receivers and the secondary it doesn't ring as true as it always did. Now teams with good passing atttacks can find holes in any defense. And running the ball sometimes only means you lose faster if you go down by a couple scores early.

The ground game + defense philosophy is becoming outdated. Passing has got to be a significant part of Miami's offense if we're going to succeed. I agree the running game will be very important to us, but I expect a 50/50 ratio.

23. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    "...ahead of Hagan..." Uh, I think John Dunlap, the UDFA that we just signed is ahead of Hagan. Hagan might just be the worst WR ever to play for the Fins for three straight years.