1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ginn and Bess redemption...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Delfin Alejandro, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Delfin Alejandro

Delfin Alejandro Premier League Champs

Dec 12, 2008
    I must say Ginn and Bess did not drop one ball tonight, unless I was taking a leak while they did. They stepped up big time. Bess had a few great 3rd down conversions. Henne was good under pressure and the O line stood up. All in all a great team effort and a deserved and needed win.

Do you all agree???:up:

2. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I do, we played well :up:

Ginn averaged 42 on returns as well.

cdz12250, SICK, gafinfan and 2 others like this.
  3. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I think it could be they just needed this much time to adjust to Henne. Neither of them has had a lot of experience with a guy that throws the ball with that much velocity.

4. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Don't forget Porter.
    And bess was shaky but he was purdy good last week Ginn needed this game though. And can we PLEASE lay off our players for one week ...

I'm worried about the injuries. Jesus I think were down to the Juco league on the o line wth

5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Nice to see Ginn finally grow a pair of hands

6. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I was bbq'in and drinking, why did Hartline return two kicks? An all around good game by Ginn. Gotta start with the basics.

Delfin Alejandro likes this.
  7. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    add in hartline. he had some nice catches too.

the only one who caught the west nile dropping disease tonight was Haynos

NolePhin and gafinfan like this.
  8. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    One was the squib after the penalty on the Steve Smith TD, the other was the onside recovery.

jdang307 likes this.
  9. Delfin Alejandro

Dec 12, 2008
    I am so excited that I forgot to mention the kicks. There was one kick that I thought he had made it through. Ginn played well and I agree he needed tonight.:knucks:

jdang307 likes this.
  10. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    that explains it perfectly. I was thinking, dang 10 yard average lol

2k5 likes this.
  11. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Bess had a huge game for us tonight. Hopefully he found his timing with Henne, looks like they had some good communication out there tonight, especially on that big 3rd and 12 conversion (or whatever it was). Nice to see him re-find his hands, and make big plays

Today was a nice start for Ginn too. I think we played safe, had him running safe, small routes, get him open fast, let him make "safe" catches where he doesnt have to think much about whats to come after. Just let him settle in, make a safe catch, and move the sticks. Hopefully its a big confidence builder for him. Should be, because it appears he did what we asked of him well. Now go build on it Teddy.

jetssuck likes this.
  12. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    CHAD HENNE:up:

We gots ourselves a QB. Great game.

No one mentioned it.....

SICK, cdz12250, dolphindebby and 7 others like this.
  13. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    I agree. Looks like Bess has come out of the little slump he had. It's also especially nice to see Ginn with a very solid game today making some tough catches. Hopefully they both keep it up, we're going to need our WR's to play exceptionally well the rest of the way.

14. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    He looked absolutely scared to catch the ball tonight. Would have liked to seen more Sperry, personally.

15. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Brian Hartline had a big play...... Like that guy.

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  16. Delfin Alejandro

Dec 12, 2008
    Also meant to say Henne was poised and comfortable in and out of the pocket. He had a nice completion while being blitzed.

17. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I like how with Bess its a "little slump" but with Ginn he gets ripped on for days even though he had plays that arguably won us two games while he was "slumping".

^Not directed at you R&R, just saying in general.

cdz12250, MrClean, Anonymous and 7 others like this.
  18. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    The offense stepped up as a whole unit today. Even with our O line getting the absolute crap kicked out of it, they played with a purpose. They wanted everyone who thought that Ronnie was our entire offense to STFU.

Only exception might be some of the TE play, but at least their blocking was on point.

19. Pennington's Rocket Arm

Pennington's Rocket Arm New Member

Dec 21, 2008
    let's never see Joey Haynos again

20. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Yeah, in many ways Ginn's catches tonight were better than the several deep catches he's made. He was almost like a real receiver tonight, running decent routes and making catches in tight space.

Let's hope he keeps it up. And Bess - yes, this is the Bess we all knew and loved from last season.

We absolutely need these guys to step up if we're going to have a shot at the post season. This has to be the beginning for them, not the end!

2k5 likes this.
  21. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I agree, I'm not happy with Haynos at all either. People have bad games though, it happens. I know at least one of those drops was a really tough catch to make. Jermaine Gresham would look pretty awesome in a Phins uniform though :shifty:

22. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    People do not have bad games. Haven't you read this board? It is time to cut him! Unless it is Bess, then it is a Snafu

23. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    :lol:

24. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    If our players played like they did today Henne Bess OL DL our DBs did good we have a team and ginns return yardage I think it might all be starting to come together...we just need to get healthy and DBs play a little better

25. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    I'd say Haynos realistically isn't too far away from getting cut.

He plays like a *****, is now dropping passes, doesn't block well, and doesn't make himself available as a target that often. I'd say his days are limited. He may finish out the season, but that's it.

26. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    admit it...you just wanted some reason to use the word snafu :lol:

Dol-Fan Dupree and GISH like this.
  27. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Ginn played alright and it seems like Bess snapped out his slump the past two games.

Seriously:lol:

28. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Mad props to Bess for 2 great games in a row. And props to Ginn for having good knees. Best knee catcher in the NFL!

you're right. lets cut Haynos. He's a POS!

oh wait......someone just told me he was tied with Ricky for most TD catches on our team. Let's keep him a little longer.

29. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Gish should bring back the Henne o Meter.

30. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Is it me or did Haynos look scared to catch that one pass because he was thought he was gonna get hit. It looked like Henne just threw him a grenade.

He put his hands out to make the catch and pulled them back like it was a hot potato.

gafinfan likes this.
  31. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    It was nice seeing Ginn and Bess both having good games. The funny thing is Ginn makes the really tough catches....especially the tough sideline catches, but in past games he gets a pretty routine throw and it bounces of his hands. Ginn seems to be better catching the low throws and anything up near his head or shoulders bounces off his hands. I think Hartline and Camarillo have the best hands on the team.

32. SeanP

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    I haven't seen Haynos doing too much out there, but I haven't seen any glaring issues either. I was watching the game over the internet since I don't have NFL Network here, but I don't recall any passes to him like that. Then again everything was super grainy, so heck if I know.

I do think though that we should try to bring Sperry in a bit more. He had a nice game (Sunday was it?), and came up with some pretty good catches. About time our TEs actually make completions ;)

33. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    ok.

34. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Well Ginn hasn't played long enough to have, "every three years."

I am not a fan of wasting first round picks. I am also not a fan of making up things or making a player sound worse than he is

cnc66 likes this.
  35. SeanP

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    I'm not on the Ginn bandwagon or anything, but he had a good game today, and that's all that matters. If he keeps it up, great. If he doesn't then we can keep bringing up his failures.

I like to think that when a player comes off a good game, its potentially the start of a hot streak for them. Whose to say it isn't for Teddy? Maybe he's starting to get some confidence in his ability after being just plain sick in the return game.

36. AMEN!!!! He's off to a great start for his rookie year (yes, ROOKIE year - remember Penny played last year?). This was a great win today!

37. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    I thought Bess looked sharp and Ginn made enough plays to stay out of the dog house. A few decent plays like that a game at WR and he could keep himself in the mix. I still wouldn't get carried away throwing to him all over the field. Deep over the top or something safe and on the ground like today, are pretty much what Teddy has to offer. Which is fine, as long the coaches use that knowledge in their play calling.

The pair of them looked good on returns as well. I'll say this for Teddy, teams appear to not want to kick to him right now. Hope we continue to work on this unit and keep giving Ginn a chance to get all these yards. I think he has a lot more to offer this offense at KR than anywhere else. Getting the ball at the 40 is a huge deal...

SICK likes this.
  38. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    If Bess had a good season last year then Ted Ginn had a good season last year.

MrClean, resnor, Anonymous and 3 others like this.
  39. A bit "Ginn-esque," no???

40. UM_all_day

UM_all_day New Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Haynos needs to stick to Run blocking, you can tell we miss martin....Haynos should only see 1-2 targets and be used in receiving trick plays or goalline situations....his run blocking though is good especially paired with fasano but you can tell we are missing that receiving threat...when Martin was here he opened things up for Fasano and underneath...

anyways, Bess was a beast.....and Ginn made the catches he had to make and had good returns, could have had more but those two short kicks...

I said a while ago I think our receivers just need to develop a relationship with the QB....that is why Peyton is so good, he is good with WR's and they get on the same page quick....I think Henne just needs to learn to know what passes he throws to some guys and what not....Pennington is helping him with that I'm sure because Penny was really good at adjusting his passes to different WR's but he couldn't really use Ginns down field threat to the best because of the time he needs to hit accurate deep balls due to injuries..

This is why I think Henne will be great, learning from pennington who after many injuries had to use his smarts to play....Henne's arm with pennys brain=Success imo....

edit-give Henne a receiving TE as a security blanket and a Possession/Deep threat type receiver.....he'll have a year with the WR's and an off season + TC with the 1st team this up coming year and he could be great :D.....