1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giants Release Plaxio Burress

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Tiki, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Tiki

Tiki New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Los Angeles
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I think the potential for him to play anywhere this season is going down the drain rather quickly. He's not even due in court until june and then he's got to get sentenced and probably go to jail and serve out whatever time they give him.

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  3. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    none for me thanks... aside from his very significant legal problems, he takes way too many plays off, gets nicked up alot, and misses games.

i cannot see him and Tuna seeing eye to eye for long at all.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  4. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

it was most likely pushed back so he could play this up coming season before getting sentanced.

5. anlgp

I know, but the mayor of NY is calling for a sentence and jail time. Couple that with his fame and I don't think he lasts until after the season to become sentenced and serve his time.

Even if it is short and he makes part of the season he very well could miss OTAs, camp, etc

6. Tiki

Tiki New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Los Angeles

He may face jail time, but it certainly wont be because the Mayor of NY is asking for it. He must just be a really PO'ed Giant fan. Of course after whatever legal issues, he has to face the court of Godell.

anlgp likes this.
  7. anlgp

no i'm fairly certain a judge would have ruled jail time anyway but if the mayor of the city you are a judge in (basically an employee of the city) calls for jail time you had better believe the chance of jail time increases

2socks likes this.
  8. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I don't want someone that stupid playing for us. What an idiot.

Rocky Raccoon and GARDENHEAD like this.
  9. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans

Issues?!?! Nice euphamism.

Last year, he was suspended for violating team rules...then he shot himself in the leg with an illegal handgun. He may not have as many "issues" as Pacman Jones, Willie Williams, or Mike Vick, but the guy is a turd (to borrow a term from profootballtalk). A talented turd, but a big, stinking, steaming turd.

I want no part of this dude. I doubt Parcells disagrees.

10. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Burress is very talented and somebody will definitely pick him up. He could do very well in the right situation. However it won't be in Miami. That's one problem with being a Dolphins fan. There are simply too many temptations in Miami. Risky players need not apply. Burress needs to play somewhere like Indianapolis or Kansas City where he is less likely to get in trouble.

11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    You have to wonder if a team like Washington or Philadelphia will be heavily interested in him. Philadelphia has tried numerous times to trade for a star wide receiver but had no luck. They went after both Boldin and Fitzgerald, then Roy Williams and Randy Moss. They would also be getting a guy whose given them a lot of trouble in the past. Washington throws around money and are always searching for the next big name.

12. anlgp

Andy Reid has enough personal problems at home with his kids getting in trouble with the law he doesn't need more at his job. I don't think they trade for him. I could see them going after Braylon Edwards though.

Washington likes dealing out the dough, though.

13. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    sign! sign! sign!

whoops, thought i was in Finheaven for a bit

14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Good point. Still wouldn't surprise me though, considering their need at the spot.

anlgp likes this.
  15. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    what's this trade bussiness? he was released! lol

16. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    Without the pending legal case then yeah I'd be all for it, IMO he is just what we need in a receiver. As it is however, this team definitely doesn't need a distraction of that magnitude. We need to build on what we have, not take risks that could ultimately destroy it.

17. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    He is the kind of WR that Miami is lacking. I am very much on the fence about this. He can be a problem, But I think his problems can be solved. If we don't sign him thats perfectly fine however if we did I would be totally happy. The Best thing I seen that Plax had going for him was his teamates wanted him back on the field and they came out in public to say it.

18. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    His offense if convicted is mandatory......the judge can not change it. He is screwed

19. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    He is looking at two counts of felony illegal procession of a firearm. Each count carries 3 1/2 to 15 years :no:

20. RJones13LAL

RJones13LAL New Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Even though he has some issues. He seems to be a terrific teammate. Of all the WR's in the league, there aren't many who fit what we need better than Plaxico. His size would be a dream come true for us, both Pennington and Ginn would benefit A TON if we got him. The problem is wither he jail time would interfere with the NFL schedule. But if it doesn't I say we definitley pursue him.