1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gholston showed little improvement.

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by BuckeyeKing, Aug 15, 2009.

1. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    From what I saw Gholston struggled early once he got locked up very rarely did he disengage the block. It took a few series before he flashed some of his athletic ability, That first step is killer and got held up by the RT but no call. He drove his blocker back on some plays in one instance took him and drove him in the pile when Gado had that huge run.

I'd say he is still a year or 2 before contributes for the Jets, I'm sure Rex Ryan will mold him to be a better player but for right now there are pieces missing.

Basically he still a liability in the Run game doesn't move well with that frame probably should drop more weight to play 3-4 OLB.

I don't know if anyone else zeroed in on Gholston like I did.

2. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I still have the same feelings about him as I did pre draft in 2008. He is what he is.

3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Yeah I'm beginning to doubt if Gholston can even play at this level. It seems he got by in College on pure Athletic ability which dont get me wrong he has flashed some of that during that game but its not consistent. He also seems Mechanical like he thinks to much on what his role is on the defensive play only seems to be when he is playing zone or in coverage.

I wonder how well he could play just as a 4-3 END.