#GetMeToMiami

55 replies

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum VeteranOP
Jan 18, 2018, 06:36 PM

Baker Mayfield just sent that message to Kenny Stills on his live instagram feed. Stills being a former Sooner himself has that connection.

Fin-OFin-OForum Veteran
Jan 18, 2018, 06:37 PM

I would be juuuust fine with that.

"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"

Jan 18, 2018, 06:43 PM

:up:

PHINS WOLVERINES ROCKETS


DON'T MESS WITH US!

GalantGalantForum Veteran
Jan 18, 2018, 06:57 PM

Pretty much irrelevant, right?

Unless he's psycho about it and declares he won't play for anyone else if they draft him.


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

DorfdadDorfdadForum Veteran
Jan 18, 2018, 07:00 PM

lol just talking. No way hes on the baord when we draft and gase is not going to move up hes banking on Tannehill being his stud.

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Jan 18, 2018, 07:49 PM

"Galant wrote:

Pretty much irrelevant, right?

Unless he's psycho about it and declares he won't play for anyone else if they draft him.

We should build a marketing campaign around that- refuse to play anywhere else and South Beach awaits! Great summers! Even better winters! Mostly naked women sitting beachside daily! The food, the nightlife, the culture...you don't want to play anywhere else!

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Jan 18, 2018, 07:50 PM

"KeyFin wrote:

We should build a marketing campaign around that- refuse to play anywhere else and South Beach awaits! Great summers! Even better winters! Mostly naked women sitting beachside daily! The food, the nightlife, the culture...you don't want to play anywhere else!

No way! South Beach is undefeated.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

CBcbradForum Veteran
Jan 18, 2018, 08:16 PM

It's interesting though.. you find far more great NFL running backs that won the Heismann than NFL QB's, especially in the SB era.

In the SB era you have 5 Hof RB's that won the Heismann: Barry Sanders, O.J. Simpson, Earl Campbell, Tony Dorsett and Marcus Allen. But no QB's (Staubach won the Heismann before the SB era). Really, the best Heismann winning QB's you find in the SB era are guys like Testaverde, Palmer, Bradford, Newton, and more recently Winston.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heisman_Trophy_winners

I know people like to treat each eval independently of every other one, but that's a long history we're talking about and it's probably worth keeping in mind when someone projects Mayfield to be the next "great" QB.

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Jan 18, 2018, 08:20 PM

"cbrad wrote:

It's interesting though.. you find far more great NFL running backs that won the Heismann than NFL QB's, especially in the SB era.

In the SB era you have 5 Hof RB's that won the Heismann: Barry Sanders, O.J. Simpson, Earl Campbell, Tony Dorsett and Marcus Allen. But no QB's (Staubach won the Heismann before the SB era). Really, the best Heismann winning QB's you find in the SB era are guys like Testaverde, Palmer, Bradford, Newton, and more recently Winston.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heisman_Trophy_winners

I know people like to treat each eval independently of every other one, but that's a long history we're talking about and it's probably worth keeping in mind when someone projects Mayfield to be the next "great" QB.

There’s only one Heisman trophy winning quarterback in the modern era that’s won a super bowl and that was Jim Plunkett

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

shamegame13shamegame13Forum Veteran
Jan 18, 2018, 08:23 PM

"Dorfdad wrote:

lol just talking. No way hes on the baord when we draft and gase is not going to move up hes banking on Tannehill being his stud.

Stud? Where’d you read that? I read he was probably going to be the starter in 2018.... Just curious.

However, I am on board with Baker. It would be good to look to upgrade the position for the future.

CBcbradForum Veteran
Jan 18, 2018, 08:31 PM

"The_Dark_Knight wrote:

There’s only one Heisman trophy winning quarterback in the modern era that’s won a super bowl and that was Jim Plunkett

Do you mean "modern era" as in SB era, or maybe since the 1970 merger? In either case, Staubach won the SB in 1971 and 1977 and he won a Heismann. But we do have to exclude him if you meant he didn't win the Heismann after 1966 (which is what I was talking about in my post too). So from that point of view you're right.

#1 fan#1 fanForum Veteran
Jan 18, 2018, 11:58 PM

Would be an exciting pick

gilv13gilv13Forum Veteran
Jan 19, 2018, 12:59 AM

:jt0323:

muskrat21muskrat21Forum Veteran
Jan 19, 2018, 03:48 AM

"Dorfdad wrote:

lol just talking. No way hes on the baord when we draft and gase is not going to move up hes banking on Tannehill being his stud.

all the mocks from "experts" having him on the board past us.

DOdolfan40Forum Veteran
Jan 19, 2018, 04:21 AM
The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Jan 19, 2018, 04:57 AM

"cbrad wrote:

Do you mean "modern era" as in SB era, or maybe since the 1970 merger? In either case, Staubach won the SB in 1971 and 1977 and he won a Heismann. But we do have to exclude him if you meant he didn't win the Heismann after 1966 (which is what I was talking about in my post too). So from that point of view you're right.

I stand corrected. I forgot that Staubach also won the Heisman.

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

Carmen CygniCarmen CygniForum Veteran
Jan 19, 2018, 08:47 AM
"dolfan40 wrote:

Clancy, keep your silly opinions on your side of the pond.

"In football, no one can take all the credit for making a play successful;
that's the beauty of the game. It has to be everybody together".
- Ron Kramer

Focus on defense, then the kicking game, and then do what you can offensively
-Jim MacKenzie

BIbigballa2102Forum Veteran
Jan 19, 2018, 09:18 AM

"KeyFin wrote:

We should build a marketing campaign around that- refuse to play anywhere else and South Beach awaits! Great summers! Even better winters! Mostly naked women sitting beachside daily! The food, the nightlife, the culture...you don't want to play anywhere else!

im sold where can I sign?

BIbigballa2102Forum Veteran
Jan 19, 2018, 09:21 AM

"muskrat21 wrote:

all the mocks from "experts" having him on the board past us.

I thought they actually had him in the 10-13 range? I could be wrong. I would love this pick, not only do I think he would beat RT out maybe not year 1 but possibly year 2, I like Mayfield. But Gase will be Gase and he will keep RT based on his beliefs and then when that doesn't pan out we will be searching to find a patch for the hole in the ship. even if RT beats him out good we have a young qb to play #2

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Jan 19, 2018, 10:56 AM

"muskrat21 wrote:

all the mocks from "experts" having him on the board past us.

What experts? I've literally seen not one expert say he'll get past 10

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Jan 19, 2018, 11:42 AM

"Carmen Cygni wrote:

Clancy, keep your silly opinions on your side of the pond.

First of all, he didn't give an opinion.
Secondly, Simon Clancy, is a MAJOR contributor to this site under the handle Boomer.
Lastly, he's not an internet fight you want to pick.

THThe FinestForum Veteran
Jan 19, 2018, 11:59 AM

"danmarino wrote:

What experts? I've literally seen not one expert say he'll get past 10

Kiper has him going to the redskins at 13 I think

dolphin25dolphin25Forum Veteran
Jan 19, 2018, 12:43 PM

How many QB's are staring in the NFL from big time schools? or from schools that won the championship?

Lord help us.

shamegame13shamegame13Forum Veteran
Jan 19, 2018, 12:47 PM

Miami Herald is reporting that the Dolphins are indeed “open” to drafting a QB in the first round.

As I suspected. The future of the position needs to be addressed. I’m glad me and the FO are finally on the same page in thinking.

LI phinfanLI phinfanSupporter
Jan 19, 2018, 12:52 PM

"shamegame13 wrote:

Miami Herald is reporting that the Dolphins are indeed “open” to drafting a QB in the first round.

As I suspected.

This could be the truth(which I wouldn't mind if they love a prospect) or a way to get teams interested in moving up to them with a trade to get a QB. Either way, smart way to go.