1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gears of war question

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Clark Kent, Aug 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    I got a gamefly account to catch up on the back library for the 360. I rented Gears first (in anticipation for #2).

I beat the first act and am near the end of act 2) but I have an issue. Ammo for the Lancer.

I'm real low, but my 2nd weapon is the Hammer of Dawn. Do I need to keep carrying it? Will I get another if I drop for a shotty or whatever else (Locust weapon)? If I do get another, is it hard to find? Thanks!

I checkd some websites and googled it, but there's not an answer.

2. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    You will get enough ammo moving forward Im not sure exactly what or where as its been a while but there are a few spots you get low on Ammo.. it makes it a bit more hectic..
    look around alot are hidden. Plus you can take other weapons.

3. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Anytime you NEED a HoD they will provide one. Lose it.

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  4. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Confirmed.

5. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    That last beserker was easy as ****.

But now I'm facing general ram and he's kicking my ***... Advice? I'm running back and forth whenever he gets to close. I'm shooting him with my longshot and nothing is happening to him. He just keeps pushing forward. Dom is a ***** too. He keeps on getting himself killed (he's a good distraction when alive.... that's it).

advice?

6. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    yeah drop the hammer. Next time you need it it will be available to pick up.

Best thing to do is use the shotgun for most of the story mode. The lancer does spend up alot of ammo.

7. Firesole

Mar 24, 2008
    seriously the best thing you could do is just invite a friend to do that part in a co-op. Dom is useless.

BTW you have to get the Krill off of Raam before the weapons affect him. Use frags and the torque bow to clear the krill and quickly switch to the longshot and nail him with about 10-12 headshots. It takes a while but it is much easier to do with 2 people in co-op.

Clark Kent likes this.
  8. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    nm. I just got the pain in the ***. Man he was a pain in my ***.

9. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    I didn't have a TB, but used grenades .

It was easy this time. I just could never get the krill off his ***. Once I did though, I pounded his *** with my longshot + active reload.

I really loved the game. I usually like story driven games a lot, and despite a real story, I did enjoy the **** out of this one. My big regret is not playing it when it was mainstream (so I could do online co-op which sounds way more fun).

Really excited for Gears 2.

What should I get next? Mass effect or Bioshock?

10. Firesole

Mar 24, 2008
    were you playing on insane?

11. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    No, Hardcore. Insane? I'd get my *** crushed. He'll, Hardcore was hard enough. Although now that I know the levels I could probably do much better.

12. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Mass Effect and Bioshock both owned, play em both. When your getting a bit tired of one swap to the other :)

Mass Effect imo is not a short game unless your intentionally rushing as fast as you can. Both games should have sequals coming up in '09.

IMO Mass Effects ending was spectacular.

Clark Kent likes this.
  13. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    Is Mass Effect as long as KOTOR?

14. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Yes and no. Mass effect story is not as long as KOTOR's. If you add in all of the side quests (which are optional), then it is probably close.

15. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Yep about right. Id recommend them though. Some of them are fairly repetitive, but it helps you out in terms of experience and gear and such. Plus when you start getting good gear you can own some of them, and everyone likes feeling like a total badass sometimes :up: