1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game of the Week?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colorado Dolfan, Nov 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

I think this week we may have it, and Peter King agrees:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/11/18/mail/index.html

Rocky Raccoon and anlgp like this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

They're backing us on around the horn, too.

3. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Jim Rome said Greg Camarillo is his newest "correspondent" and that it is on this week sometime.

Brown42000 and anlgp like this.
  4. anlgp

Awesome.

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  5. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I take it were not into flex week yet? Damn a primetime game would have been nice, I mena they could have taken one away from cleveland and the 5 or so they've had this year.

dolfan32323 and anlgp like this.
  6. anlgp

You have no idea how glad I am someone else said something about this.

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  7. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

May 13, 2008
    Clermont, FL
    Peter King. Any game with his butt buddy Pats are the "game of the week" to him. He has a masturbatory fascination with anything New England.

Honestly, when 2 division leaders, one being undefeated, meet, how is that not the game of the week?

10-0 vs 7-3

8. Finrunner

Finrunner Season Ticket Holder

Dec 11, 2007
    Yeah, I agree with that. Well, most of it - I have no idea if King is going blind with his New England fascination... time will tell.

Especially with the Jets surging what with winning four in a row and looking like the power of the AFC East. While Dolphins/Pats has huge playoff and divisional repercussions, the Game of the Week is almost always the two teams with the best records going against each other. The only time I'd caveat that would be in a Week 16 or 17 game where one team is or both are sitting it out. Also, there's Farve going against arguably the league's best defense this year, which is added national drama that the Fins/Pats doesn't really have.

Of course, being a Fin fan, I don't mind the props. But you're right, imo.

9. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

That's a hell of a game, too, don't get me wrong, but no matter what happens in that game, the loser still leads their division, so it has less importance for this week at least.

The loser of the 'Phins/Pats game likely is out of the playoff hunt... That and only that reason is why I agree with King.

Well, that and the fact that it's a divisional matchup...

10. Fin Fan 4 Life

Fin Fan 4 Life Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Connecticut
    I agree too. I think King is totally missing the point. He says:

"Jets-Titans is interesting, but neither team will be out of the playoff picture with a loss."

Who cares? The game of the week is the one that's the most exciting matchup and Jets - Titans could be an AFC Championship preview for all we know (although I'd puke if that happened --:no:).

Pats-Fins is the Game of the Week to me, but not to the rest of the country.

I also think King misses the boat in his first response to the guy proposing that the Pats trade Brady, saying it wouldn't free up cap space to improve their team. Yeah, it would take up more cap space to keep Cassel but it would ALSO include getting the LB and draft choices signed and added to that very same cap.

I'd be psyched if the Pats traded Brady away! :yes:

11. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    But besides the big pereniall teams hogging all the prime time games they seem to give some to the teams that have buzz or hype as up and commer's, ie: the browns last year, their strong buzz and play resulted in several games this year.

WIth that in mind i could see Miami and Atlanta getting a few primetime games next year, based on their buzz and strong performance by the end of this year.

mullingan and Colorado Dolfan like this.