Game day thread

710 replies

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporterOP
Aug 16, 2014, 10:51 AM

To start it off, two great commercials. Wish I could dig up that old direct tv commercial with Miami fan living in Buffalo

http://youtu.be/_HuJxB4ie1M

http://youtu.be/cFjHHlvQn2U

testing

Alex13Alex13Supporter
Aug 16, 2014, 10:55 AM

sick will love this......

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Aug 16, 2014, 10:57 AM

That first one is definitely me living in Boston

testing

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Aug 16, 2014, 10:59 AM

What's the prediction on result of our first drive? I'm predicting stalling in red zone and resulting FG

testing

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Aug 16, 2014, 11:03 AM

My big 3 looks for this game:

1 - Consistency from the starting O. They started off right against Atlanta, would love to see it continue. I know it's only pre-season, but when you do the little things right, the big things take care of themselves. Can the O line be successful?

2 - LBs / Tripp. I hope this kid lights it up. He'd just need to be at least average to make Wheelerbee look like turds.

3 - Jordan...

OK I lied...4 - K/P returns.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Aug 16, 2014, 11:04 AM

"Ohio Fanatic wrote:

What's the prediction on result of our first drive? I'm predicting stalling in red zone and resulting FG

Slap yourself! :)

TD!!!!!!!!

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

A13OVEAVERAGEA13OVEAVERAGESupporter
Aug 16, 2014, 11:12 AM

"Ohio Fanatic wrote:

What's the prediction on result of our first drive? I'm predicting stalling in red zone and resulting FG

First possession on offense a touchdown bomb to Wallace, and first possession on defense a LB interception. :shifty:

I really hope we show well, I have been saying to everyone I know that the Bucs are gonna win their divison this year.. which is fighting words in Carolina, everyone looks at them like we look at the Jets.

Alex13Alex13Supporter
Aug 16, 2014, 11:14 AM

Our Oline is the biggest part for me to watch tonight, Tampa's quick, athletic DLine dominated us last year, no sacks and time to throw would be huge to see

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Aug 16, 2014, 11:15 AM

"A13OVEAVERAGE wrote:

First possession on offense a touchdown bomb to Wallace, and first possession on defense a LB interception. :shifty:

I really hope we show well, I have been saying to everyone I know that the Bucs are gonna win their divison this year.. which is fighting words in Carolina, everyone looks at them like we look at the Jets.

I think Carolina tanks this season, sub 500 record, having said that, I can see Tampa competing for a wild card spot , similar to us

testing

A13OVEAVERAGEA13OVEAVERAGESupporter
Aug 16, 2014, 11:19 AM

"Ohio Fanatic wrote:

I think Carolina tanks this season, sub 500 record, having said that, I can see Tampa competing for a wild card spot , similar to us

Yeah, I think it'll be a one game difference between the Bucs and Saints for the division. Maybe Carolina gets third, but I'm feeling like it'll be last in the division (all new WRs, lineman, and I don't like Cam).. and Atlanta can't be that horrible two years in a row.

It's still just football though, anything can happen.. doesn't matter who is the better team. It comes down to who fights and makes the plays.

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Aug 16, 2014, 12:01 PM

"A13OVEAVERAGE wrote:

Yeah, I think it'll be a one game difference between the Bucs and Saints for the division. Maybe Carolina gets third, but I'm feeling like it'll be last in the division (all new WRs, lineman, and I don't like Cam).. and Atlanta can't be that horrible two years in a row.

It's still just football though, anything can happen.. doesn't matter who is the better team. It comes down to who fights and makes the plays.

I think Atlanta's defense can be that horrible 2 years in a row. They are hoping that their offense can win some shoot outs if Julio stays healthy

testing

SceetoSceetoForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2014, 12:34 PM

The Bucs have a great group of receivers. McCown may be sufficient, but if they had a top QB, that would be a very dangerous group. This will be a good test for the DBs and LBs

Alex13Alex13Supporter
Aug 16, 2014, 01:13 PM

"Sceeto wrote:

The Bucs have a great group of receivers. McCown may be sufficient, but if they had a top QB, that would be a very dangerous group. This will be a good test for the DBs and LBs

their defense is loaded with talent, i'm anxious to see what happens, they have a problems on the oline though

KIKingtut561New Member
Aug 16, 2014, 01:22 PM

"Ohio Fanatic wrote:

To start it off, two great commercials. Wish I could dig up that old direct tv commercial with Miami fan living in Buffalo

LOL Love them both Dolphins, Dolphins, Dolphins!!!

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Aug 16, 2014, 01:25 PM

There's really no pressure for me, I don't have to have them drive down the field, just want to watch individuals in isolation..

The continued hope that Coyle is only playing Dion at end because he wants him to work on pass rush, which he desperately needs, and the continued hope that once he's back week 5, Coyle will unleash him in a myriad of ways..the thing with Dion is that he's very one dimensional in his rush, and the extra weight is not gonna make him any quicker around the edge..the extra weight gain discourages my Hope that Coyle has multidimensional plans for the player but I will hope till I see the square leg jammed into the round hole come regular season.

I'm very confident about this offense, I believe the ingenuity from the scheme will be successful, and I believe we have a coach smart enough to use the entire skillset of the Qb..yipeeeee.

Can't wait to watch Jordan Tripp play hopefully some meaningful reps, he sure has flashed every time the lights have come on.scrimmage, 1st preseason game..he's got very good athleticism ( the play to tip that ball and contort his body the opposite direction is not easy to do) and he seems to have good instincts on the field.

I had will Davis being the player of the game last week in the game thread, I think that for this player his confidence is everything, and until he knows what he's doing that really was not possible for him to have last year, of course being in his 2nd year in the scheme, that familiarity should breed that confidence which should continue to flash in playmaking ability in game situations, when I watched him in college he really enjoyed playing against better competition, it brought the best out of him, then what would happen is he knew he could win the matchup so he'd become overconfident and get beat..hopefully the NFL has humbled him.

Wanna talk about how a venue can pay for itself from just one sample, check the Seattle game out..sold out preseason games with all fans standing and wearing jerseys that say 12 the man means lots and lots of extra cash for owner, that would never be there unless the venue was built special..over a course of a decade that would be a nice chunk..but who cares right, the advantage they have means nothing right..

Of course Mr. Fede, he's already got his NFL body, seems like the motor is there, lets continue to see if he can make hickey look very smart, ditto for McCain.

Watching our first round pick.

Watching the body language of Pouncey on the sideline.

The juice..

The ascension of Rishard Matthews..if this guy is really our fifth, then we really our deep..he's an improving player.

The Billy Turner Dallas Thomas comp.

With the horrible vision by Goodell to implement a ridiculous plan in terms of def contact, the only silver lining is it may just make brent grimes the 2nd best corner in the game..sounds crazy but this dude doesn't need to get physical with his receiver to Play well.

The continued comraderie and emotion from the sideline.

3 drives each for offense and defense seems a bit much but that seems to be the norm around the league.

Would like to see if Ryan has improved his reactionary time to pressure and whether his body is quicker when he needs to move, even if it's subtle..my hope is that all the lethargy I've seen the last two years was because of Shermans teachings..can a brother get a spin move to avoid the rush and reset the platform.

I don't think I care to see Moses, if he's not 100% both knee and condition wise, then no need, we have enough players to evaluate there..I haven't seen anything from Williams yet that has me excited but he only played a few reps..

The fourth quarter dark house, I'll go with tony hills, there is a backup spot available if anyone wants to fight for it, I thought he had a nice game last week and no one mentioned anything about him..lol, played 3rd string left tackle, like to see him with the twos.

It's time for Jamar Taylor to flash something..

I guess we really need to see if it's gonna be Shelley smith or Colledge at left guard.

I heard Luis Delmas talk about how much he loves wearing the colors, he also said that he would of played for the Alaska dolphins because when he met these guys he wanted to be a part of them, he also said this camp wasn't as hard as he thought it would be..don't know how to interpret that.

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Aug 16, 2014, 01:51 PM

Dj, who the heck is Moses?

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

SceetoSceetoForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2014, 02:38 PM

"Stitches wrote:

Dj, who the heck is Moses?

Oh no. Lets not start a religious debate. :pointlol:

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Aug 16, 2014, 02:46 PM

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dolphins-cap-0816-20140815,0,2170677.story?track=rss

Series: Miami holds a 16-12 preseason series advantage against Tampa Bay.

Injuries: Dolphins — TE Charles Clay (knee), RB Daniel Thomas (hamstring), OT Jason Fox (chest), TE Gator Hoskins (hamstring), RB Knowshon Moreno (knee), DT Micajah Reynolds (knee), DT A.J. Francis (knee), K Caleb Sturgis (groin) are doubtful. Buccaneers — RB Charles Sims (ankle), CB Alterraun Verner (hamstring), CB Mike Jenkins (hamstring) are out. DB Keith Lewis (ankle), CB Rashaan Melvin (ankle), DE Steven Means (groin) are questionable.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

RickyBobbyRickyBobbyNew Member
Aug 16, 2014, 03:01 PM

I'm on my way to pregame

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Aug 16, 2014, 03:08 PM

"Stitches wrote:

Dj, who the heck is Moses?

Lol, I have done that multiple times, for some reason I want to call him Moses Moreno, I don't know where in my brain that comes from but it continues to happen..I also completely forget his first name from time to time.

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Aug 16, 2014, 03:34 PM

These next 3 weeks are going to be SO DAMN SLOW....................

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Aug 16, 2014, 04:04 PM

"PhinFan1968 wrote:

These next 3 weeks are going to be SO DAMN SLOW....................

Whys that we have plent of action, do u mean cause we won't be getting our daily reports?

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Aug 16, 2014, 04:08 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

Whys that we have plent of action, do u mean cause we won't be getting our daily reports?

Ya, pretty much. I like public practices.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2014, 04:20 PM

Did OP just start a gameday thread and predict a stalled drive resulting in 3 points to start the game??? I didn't know Tony Sparano was posting actively here with us. smh

MitchellenmanMitchellenmanForum Veteran
Aug 16, 2014, 04:24 PM

Looking forward to seeing a bit more of the starters hopefully