1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Balls

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bpk, Nov 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

1) The O-line and DeGugliemo, Line Coach
    With that many line inuries, juest an incredible job.

2) The secondary
    This unit is really gelling. Remember it's TWO rookie corners and a new safety!

3) R-i-c-k-y Williams
    Back in form. Truly. Steeping up hugely when Ronnie Brown went down.

Alternates" Joey Porter for showing up. Maybe the week off did him some good? Davone Bess for the All-Pro hands team! What great catches!

Who do your game balls go to?

The Aqua Crush and siciliansith like this.
  2. Bpk

- You're right. Great point! 68% by Henne!

- AGREED on Vontae. And, if no one noticed, Vonate came ALL the way inside for a run-=play tackle BEHIND the line of scrimmage between the hashmarks. An INSIDE running play. And he came in with MUSTARD, boy! This kid PLAYS HARD. I love him and forgive his mistakes. I'll always remember him running down that kickoff return to prevent a TD. He has heart, competitiveness, and mental toughness. LOVED watching him step to Steve Smith (whom I respect a LOT)

- YES. Bell played the pass better. And Wilson has imporved since the begining of the year. As I have said, this secondary is REALLY gelling. This defense, with Wake's added pass rush pressure is REALLY coming together now. Really coming together well. Could carry us a bit.

- Great decisions by Henne

- Porter acquitted himself well tonight. The combination of rest for his injuured legs and his bruised ego from being sat down had Joey show up HARD tonight.

- Give respect to Ginn... some really really good catches tonight. Surprisded by him. Bess... REALLY redeeming himself (like Porter) for his earlier drops this season.

- JA is an AMAZING Special Teamer. What a POP on that returner. Not quite Kelso level yet.

With the exception of Gibril Wilson I still feel the Colts game was our best team performance of the season. lol. Despite it being a loss.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  3. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Randy Starks had a great game and I liked the pressure we got for the most part

Bpk likes this.
  4. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Starks was great. In the first half it seemed as though if Starks didn't blow up the run play, they ran for 9 yards. He saved our *** multiple times in the red zone.

Bpk and adamprez2003 like this.
  5. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Sparano and Co. for keeping us competative through all of the injuries.:up:

Bpk and gunn34 like this.
  6. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Also can't forget about Polite.
    He was like an extra o-lineman on the field.

eric, Bpk, The Aqua Crush and 3 others like this.
  7. SargeZ33

SargeZ33 Semperfi!

Jul 24, 2009
    Fleming Island ,FL
    We will compete with ANYONE in this leage. And teams will never circle us as a guaranteed win anymore. We wont give up, we wont back down. And if we smell blood, its over.

New England better get their $hit together.

The Aqua Crush and gunn34 like this.
  8. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Game Ball: This entire football team and coaching staff.

Seriously, what a complete performance. Physical. Tough football. I loved it.

Bpk, The Aqua Crush and k-bayfinfan like this.
  9. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    It was a good win, but I was very disappointed with the defense. We were gashed in the running game. I don't think we contained anything on the ground, I think the Carolina coaches contained it for us by not giving the ball to the combination of Williams/Stewart more often.

For reference:

The defense yielded 182 yards on 27 carries for an average of 6.7 per carry. Simply put, that's just not good enough. I understand we lost Fergy in the 2nd half and Carolina has two really good backs, but that area was not a positive last night.

I do want to mention something that I found extremely encouraging, though. In first quarter (it might have been our first drive) on a third down, Henne missed Ginn, rather badly, on a deep post pattern and the replay actually showed that the defender got his hands in Henne's facemask and it should have been a penalty. Henne just got up and jogged to the sideline and it didn't look like he was expecting a call. I can count on one hand the number of quarterbacks in this league that wouldn't have been in the referee's face in a heartbeat b*tching and pleading for a flag.

The kid is cool and calm and just doesn't get rattled. I thought that was an extremely cool sequence.

Oh, and Ricky was amazing last night. The best player on the field.

eric, Bpk, gunn34 and 1 other person like this.
  10. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Johnson & Johnson and all their medical supplies!
    [​IMG]

11. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    A short week, combined with facing the leagues best rushing offense, that'll happen. They tightened up in the Red Zone allowing a couple FG and forcing an INT. Not too bad all thing considered.

12. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Jake Delhomme...for not being a Pro Bowl QB:chuckle:

evz likes this.
  13. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    In this order:
    1)Ricky, Chad and Bess
    2)Lousaka, Ginn, Garner and Nate Jones
    I will NEVER get tired of big Lou knocking people out. Talk about text-book hole clearing. What position does Garner play?
    Does it even matter?

Bpk and The Aqua Crush like this.
  14. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    inb4 we sign an O-Lineman this week off someone's practice squad.

15. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    Sorry but I have Henne at 17 for 29
    at a very pedestrian 58% completion percentage

Bpk likes this.
  16. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Three of those were obvious throw-aways, including throwing it at the sticks as he was being sacked.
    At least two others were really bad drops by Haynos. That was Ugly, and none should count against Henne.
    He was very very solid last night, and got the job done.
    I am very excited about how he is progressing, and when we get him some better tools, he is gonna light some teams up!!!

Bpk and gunn34 like this.
  17. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY

I like this mix, ricky for sure big shoes to fill and he kills it, and lousaka come on the guy is a god. But nate jones huge plays this year when i never expected great stuuff

18. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    :up:
    Imagine had Bess kept his feet on the play before Ricky's big TD run. Chads #'s would be sick.

19. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    the win was a collective effort:
    from the coaching to the trenches
    however
    if one man stood out, in all honesty it would have to be Ricky Williams
    it is what it is: Run ricky Run!

20. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    What exactly has Ronnie done for this statement to be warranted. Sometimes i wonder how long some of the forum members here have been Dolphins fans because i havent seen anything from Ronnie Brown that made me say "wow". I know i am constantly bashing Ronnie but i cant help it because only on the forums is Ronnie praised like a god. Can someone please tell me what he's done in his career? lead the league in rushing? lead the league in rushing td's? break 1500 yards rushing? break 2100 yards from scrimmage? None of the above. Had Ronnie Brown put up his type of numbers on another team, im sure things would be different. Is it because ricky ditched the team and thats why he's not considered our best back?

Killerphins likes this.
  21. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I think it was a good thing that Brown broke his foot.
    He is an excellent Tandem Back & runs particularly well w/ Ricky, they are a team.
    I have only good things to say about Ronnie.

However two things:

1) now, Ronnie will be doable in Contract Land & will probably remain a Miami Dolphin with this latest injury. the money will be negotiable w/ the Front Office having the upper hand. a healthy Ronnie would demand too much for the TriFecta to bite. He would have been gone @ the end of the season.
    2) Ricky was brought back by Bill Parcells, as soon as he took charge of operations. what many don't get is that Williams is a Bill Parcells guy & Parcells knows football. He knew what he had in Ricky from the get-go. Williams is the Proven Bull.

Ricky Williams has several years left to run in the NFL, if Ronnie returns next year & the Tandem is re-established.
    I make no bones about it, my three favorite Dolphins of all time are Don Shula, Ricky Williams & Bill Parcells. Ricky is the Sara Palin of the NFL, you love him or hate him & always got your eye on the damage he can inflict :yes: he is a Maverick.

22. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Well, let's put it this way.
    I've been following them non-stop since 71'. Does that qualify me? :up:
    I think you are dead-wrong on everything you said :up:

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  23. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    I think he nailed it.

Ronnie Brown is an over rated running back. He wouldn't survive if he had to carry the load solely on his own.

24. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    not about Ronnie anymore until they sign him to a contract & he recovers from his injury
    (he is no longer a factor in 2009 & may not even return in 2010 as a Miami Dolphin)
    this is just not a relavent subject @ this point in our game. think about it
    fortunately, we have a PowerHouse RunningStable that will provide the PerfectStorm:
    Ricky, Hilliard & Polite:amen:

25. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Think about this, as awesome as Ricky was last night (and he was) he is 32, and couldn't have carried again last night if he had to.
    Good thing we have a long week for him to recooperate.
    Like it or not, Ronnie is a top 7 back in this league, Ricky WAS a top 3 back....but that was a many years and many carries ago.

26. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    What exactly has Ronnie done for this criticism to be warranted? Sometimes I wonder how long some of the forum members here have been Dolphins fans because I saw one of the top 5 backs in the NFL last year.

Just look no further than the New England game, in which he basically won it singlehandedly.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5c4DKdxU9g"]YouTube- Ronnie Brown's 5 Touchdowns. Dolphins Blow Out Patriots[/ame]

You can make the argument that he's got to do a better job staying healthy (and I would completely agree with you), but question what kind of impact he's made on the field when healthy borders on asinine.

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  27. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    I don't understand all the love for Ginn the guy averaged 8 yards per catch, isn't he suppose to stretch out the field. Hartline did a better job stretching the field with a big catch. So my game ball goes to Ricky Williams showing us all he still has it, Chad Henne for making great choices with the ball, the offensive line no sacks allowed in the last two games.

Bpk likes this.
  28. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    nothing negative about Ronnie Brown :no: just reality:
    (it's just not about Ronnie, until they sign him to a contract & he recovers from his injury)
    He is no longer a factor in 2009 & may not even return in 2010 as a Miami Dolphin.
    this is just not a relevant subject @ this point in our game. think about it

I think Ricky can handle this year w/ no problem,
    but needs to return running tandem w/ Ronnie
    to be able to extend his playing career

(the Tandem is the new running mode emerging in the NFL, anyway)

however
    you have to be seriously impressed with the Perfect Storm unleashed on the Panthers last night ... and this is a good thing:yes:.

let's celebrate :party: & support the Perfect Storm

29. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    I'm a HUGE Ginn basher, but I thought he made some key plays for a change (Like not drop the ball), that being said, there is zero doubt this game was Ricky, Chad and that hurt O-line.

Bpk likes this.
  30. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Everywhere I go, people love Ronnie. The only place I have seen Ronnie bashed at all is on this board. When I go to the bar with my Ronnie jersey there is nothing but people telling me that he is a beast.

31. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I want to give a game ball to Wake and a shake of the finger to the coaches for not putting Wake in more.

Bpk likes this.
  32. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    year two of the rebuilding
    Wake will eventually usurp the aging Porter & Taylor
    I say this w/ due respect

33. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Miami went to the playoffs last year and this year they are in the playoff hunt again. This team is rebuilt.

34. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    we are still rebuilding
    however you have to be seriously impressed with the Perfect Storm unleashed on the Panthers last night ... and this is a good thing:yes:.

let's celebrate :party: & support the Perfect Storm

35. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Wake, because he's making a name for himself. Those blatant holding calls will start to get recognized and further benefit us. Hold him or take a sack. Or a qb pressure. It's what he does.

Also Wake, because on the starks sack, JP sack and several errant passes/throwaways and i believe even on the pick, Wake was bringing pressure.

A lot of Jake Delhommes poor decisions were because Wake was a beast last night.

Other game balls: Ricky, Oline, COaching staff, Lou-gonna knock your teeth out-sanka Polite, Our wideouts for not dropping the balls their suppose to catch, Henne for making smart decisions (no sacks/turnovers), Vontae for talking trash from the get go and only being beat once that hurt us, against SSmith that is great and VD is only going to get better and better from here on out. I think this was his confidence game. Our Sp teams unit, for winning the field position battle. JP for letting his play on the field do his talking.

This truely was a team effort from every aspect. I would like to call this the "Heart" game.

36. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    ginn had a couple of clutch catches not to mention gave us good field position during the kick offs.

37. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Do not agree with that at all. Rebuilding is an excuse for losing. You do not rebuild while being a playoff team. The Browns are rebuilding, the Lions are rebuilding, Bucs should be rebuilding. The Dolphins are rebuilt. There is room for improvement, however every team needs to constantly improve in this league.

38. Bpk

The problem with Wake is he only sees the field on very obvious passing downs... and it's a damned shame we can;t get him out there on 1st downs and 2nd downs.

If we played a four front, he could stay in, but he is not ideal as a 3-4 end against the run and not ideal as a 3-4 OLB against the run/pass in space.

He's a four-front end. And that will continue to limit his snaps since that's not our base defense.

39. EdSta74

EdSta74 I

Mar 22, 2008
    Long Island City, NY
    Aside from all the obvious and warranted game balls. I'll give one to Lex Hilliard. for one play. The 3rd and 16 in the 2nd Quarter, when we basically handed the ball off so we could get a few yards closer for a FG attempt. He takes it 18 yards for the first down. Ricky eventually scores on that drive to go up 7-3 instead of 3-3. HUGE play right there.

Bpk likes this.
  40. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    Wow, were you on the sidelines? :no:

This forums is skewed with fanboys who are blind and probably have never even put on pads yet post and post and post as if they know it all. Clearly you saying Ronnie is a better back shows you have no football knowledge, just in madden. Ronnie's BEST season of his career, he's had 10 td's total. I dont care if he's top 7 which isnt saying much considering hes in his prime and the wildcat was a shock to the entire NFL, he still hasnt showed anything. You wanna speculate that Ricky couldnt run anymore even though thats your opinion? Well then we can speculate that if we had the Wildcat back in Ricky's prime, he would have more yards than Ronnie ever had. Oh wait, thats right, Ricky does have more yards than Ronnie ever had running the conventional, non-trickery way. Just straight, hard nosed ball.