1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Galaxy Nexus vs Galaxy S2

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Fishweiser, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Fishweiser

Fishweiser New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Ive been interested in the new up coming Galaxy nexus for awhile, however, Ive recently been hearing that the galaxy S2 thats out now out performs it in most all the catagories...better hardware, better camera etc. Sounds like the only thing nexus has over s2 is a slightly larger screen, a curvy design and android 4.0. The android 4.0 is alot more significant in the difference, but s2 will be able to upgrade to 4.0 when it comes out. Im starting to think that in the long run, Id be better off with the s2. Has anyone else looked into this? Anyone see any big advantage of the new nexus over the s2 once android 4.0 comes to the S2?

2. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Just bought an S2 and love it, and was actually curious about this myslef since the Nexus wasn't available last weekend when i upgraded. Whew, glad to hear the S2 will be able to update to 4.0 with new firmware.

Gonna have to do some research on android 4.0 as I don't know what it entails.

3. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I went with the Samsung Infuse 4G...and love it with its 4.5" screen and picture clarity, etc. The infuse is so thin too, solid battery life and great Android free apps "JUICE DEFENDER" for managing battery use.

4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I've had the S2 for about two weeks now. Switching over to Android from a blackberry. Love my decision so far. My only complaint though, battery life. I wish the phone didnt love the battery so much.

5. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    I know eh! That is my only vice. I too came from BB.

Just a tip if you don't know already, every once in a while, go to "Task Manager" and clear your ram under the memory tab. Also, the obvious, close any apps you aren't using.

6. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Android has an awesome OS but the battery stinks on any of them. You can get extended batteries but you will limit your case options. Task manager only helps with like 4% of battery life. Since I deal with this stuff all day, I usually recommend people walk around with a car charger and a spare wall charger to keep at work.

7. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Not to jack the thread, but what do you do for living?

8. RonD

RonD New Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Hardware-wise, the Galaxy S2 HD LTE has a slight edge over the Galaxy Nexus, it has a more powerful processor and it is slated to receive the update to Android 4.0 sometime in the first quarter of 2012.