Gaffney signed, Naanee is cut....

158 replies

CANEPHINSCANEPHINSForum VeteranOP
Oct 2, 2012, 03:51 PM

The Dolphins have signed WR Jabar Gaffney, who had 68 receptions and 947 receiving yards for the Redskins last year! The team has also terminated the contracts of DL Andre Fluellen and WR Legedu Naanee & waived/injured LB Mike Rivera. Read more about today's roster moves here: http://tinyurl.com/FinsNewsGaffneySigns

gruuvgruuvSupporter
Oct 2, 2012, 03:52 PM

Finally.

Oct 2, 2012, 03:52 PM

About 4 games too late.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

CANEPHINSCANEPHINSForum Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 03:53 PM

As the old saying goes....

Better late than never.

NFL2102NFL2102New Member
Oct 2, 2012, 03:54 PM

Hallelujah! Finally Naanee is gone!

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Oct 2, 2012, 03:54 PM

Praise the lord! Thank ya Jesus! And all that stuff.

Even Bpk's most fervent attempts to defend the Legetron could not save him. :lol:

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Oct 2, 2012, 03:54 PM

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

How could we just cut our #3 WR?

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

Nappy RootsNappy RootsForum Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 03:56 PM

Lol

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 03:56 PM

NaaaNeee NaaaNeeey goodbye.

Anyway, wonder if Gaffney is healthy yet? Available on Sunday?

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

CANEPHINSCANEPHINSForum Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 03:57 PM

Not often I get to be the news breaker. :knucks:

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Oct 2, 2012, 03:57 PM

Na Na Na Na, Ney Ney Kiss Him Goodbye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsaTElBljOE

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Phinatic19Phinatic19New Member
Oct 2, 2012, 03:58 PM

are you kidding me? we just cut our best receiver for an old bum who hasn't done anything!! fire ireland right now ross or im gonna slap your sister with an old taco bell cup.

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Oct 2, 2012, 03:58 PM

Guess Philbin really was cursing on Sunday when NoNo fumbled. Good to see some reaction , it shows the team again that maybe the coach is driving this and Ireland is hitching a ride.

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 04:01 PM

DisgustipateDisgustipateSupporter
Oct 2, 2012, 04:02 PM

I'm pretty happy with signing Jabar Gaffney and wanted them to do that when the Redskins let him walk. He's not great but he's a very solid, dependable guy.

I'm assuming Fluellen was released for Tony McDaniel theoretically getting healthy?

ALalen1New Member
Oct 2, 2012, 04:02 PM

If he's healthy, this is a good sign.

emocomputerjockemocomputerjockNew Member
Oct 2, 2012, 04:02 PM

Part of me still doesn't believe this is true.


Many thanks to the awesome staff and members of the site, all of whom contribute tirelessly to an incredible Dolphins fansite.

DADabenForum Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 04:02 PM

Gaffney also doesn't neccessarily have to be just a one year player. If you look at his career, his production has actually been on the rise, he was the best receiver on the Redskins last year and had a career year. If healthy he can definitely be part of a good quartet of receivers for another few years.

Gaffney has also been one of the best in the league in terms of fewest drops per play targeted, and that is a particularly good thing for a young QB.

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Oct 2, 2012, 04:02 PM

"dolfan22 wrote:

Guess Philbin really was cursing on Sunday when NoNo fumbled. Good to see some reaction , it shows the team again that maybe the coach is driving this and Ireland is hitching a ride.

His theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIwnAs4iwaE

:party: :party:

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Oct 2, 2012, 04:03 PM

I wish I could get paid $175,000 to play football terribly for four games.

Or was he guaranteed the full $700,000 because he was on the roster in Week 1? Do 6th year veterans get that guarantee?

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 04:03 PM

"dolfan22 wrote:

Guess Philbin really was cursing on Sunday when NoNo fumbled. Good to see some reaction , it shows the team again that maybe the coach is driving this and Ireland is hitching a ride.

It shows they are synching up. I want Philbin dictating what kind of players and traits he looks for and I want a mean cold blooded SOB wheeling & dealing for players that fit that mold. Just like when Parcells was here, except with a relevant working blueprint that has achieved success recently.

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Oct 2, 2012, 04:03 PM

"Phinatic19 wrote:

are you kidding me? we just cut our best receiver for an old bum who hasn't done anything!! fire ireland right now ross or im gonna slap your sister with an old taco bell cup.

Ha! It's funny because Ireland is the one who signed him in the first place.

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

SumlitSumlitNew Member
Oct 2, 2012, 04:05 PM

Addition by subtraction IMO. I doubt Jabar Gafney will be much influential, if at all. However Naanee needed to go 4 games ago.

Alex13Alex13Supporter
Oct 2, 2012, 04:06 PM

so since nanee's forte was special teams can we assume marlon moore is coming back on sunday ?

ether79ether79New Member
Oct 2, 2012, 04:06 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

About 4 games too late.

i would assume he wasnt healthy enough maybe?