1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From ESPN's J. Walker

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Lee2000, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
  2. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    He is right. I said 6 as well. It won't be any more than 7 and it might be as few as 5. We lack the personel on defense to keep us in games and lack the weapons on offense to pull us out of decefits.

Best hope for this season is to see growth, maturity, and players stepping up to become leaders on this team. We need to see Ryan survive the year and be a better QB for it. See him take control of the offense and start the process to being the franchise QB he was drafted to be.

Our scouts and front office need to be focusing hard on college and upcoming Free agents. THe holes are huge and will have to be filled. If not, Philbin is dead man walking and he never got a chance to succeed because of the personel he was given. We lack the talent to compete right now and that much is true.

3. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    well the defense hasnt shown anything that suggests otherwise, unfortunately

4. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Once again , still , however you want to term it , we have more questions than answers.

Fortunately we do , imo , have the all important answer at QB , finally . So I suppose we can be pleased ( ecstatic ? ) with that. There are far too many unknowns , unproven players , weak positions , and at what point do we change that , and how?

It is too early to dismiss this draft class of course and this staff has to have enough time to coach and develop them of course , but patience won't be long for the fan base. That is understandable , there isn't enough of a contribution from previous draft classes and certainly not enough difference makers. I think we give playing time to players that MAY develop as opposed to the band aid approach and cover up a sore spot with limited older player. It may not pan out , but bite the bullet , this is without question a rebuild. It always was even if some didn't feel so or staff didn't believe it.

It would be great ,wouldn't it , to actually have a draft class one year where you got terrific production from all of your top picks and some of the later ones , let alone have this consistently from almost all of your drafts.

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Thing is Garrard has not played as of yet, and Walker is a low grade moron to begin with, so this for me is a "whatever"

"Gosh, two preseason games, and I'm right"

**** him

xphinfanx, Agua, gafinfan and 5 others like this.
  6. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    He doesn't like to overrate the pre-season, yet he's overrating the pre-season.

CD13 likes this.
  7. dolfan22

Hard to argue with this statement imo : Morning take: I don't like to overrate the preseason, but the Dolphins are pretty much showing what I expected. I predicted Miami won't win more than six games this year, because there are too many holes. The Dolphins have yet to prove otherwise.

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Makes some good points.

OT: J. Walker is on the list of names that accompany Robin Banks , Anna Fender and Seymour Buttes

maynard likes this.
  9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Depends, we won 6 games last yr and all we lost was BMarshall.

BTW, everything before "but" is annulled after saying "but".

10. dolfan22

Substitute but with however.

Elite talent at perhaps the weakest position on the team ? YBELL unquestionably the leader in the secondary , Kendall Langford ... as I have said in previous years , still more question marks than answers . Thank God for 17 ... some draftees may show more as the year unfolds of course , but right now? this team is no where near challenging for their division , not remotely close imo.

11. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    And Bell.

xphinfanx likes this.
  12. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    And most of all, Mike Nolan. Don't kid yourself for a second if you think that loss wasn't huge. We are now switching to a scheme that we don't have the depth and personnel for. We should have kept Nolan at all costs and left the defense as is.

13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    YBell couldn't cover anyone, that is how it is.

Our problem on D at the moment is they are learning new run fits etc and it is leading to them playing slowly.

The other problem is Johnathon Martin sucks, that is causing a systematic failure of the offense, until RT is settled, either he pulls his head out of his *** or he is sat down, we will not be able to say what the offense can or cannot achieve.

And yes, this team could win the division.

14. dolfan22

YBell had coverage issues , no question , but his replacement isn't providing anything much better at the moment and far less as far as leadership , this team as virtually no chance to win this division. That you say we do baffles me with all due respect. Brady and Bellicheck didn;t retire overnight did they?

15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    It is not Safety play that is causing our issues on Defense D22, it is the Dline is playing like cow flop and not winning individual matchups.

How many times can we watch a Te run through our secondary with YB manning SS and not deal with the issue?

16. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    "I don't like to overrate the preseason but I won't let that stop me from using it to validate how much I think the Dolphins will suck." Whatever.

We've had a better preseason than the Jets yet I bet you a million dollars James Walker will still predict a worse season for us.

xphinfanx likes this.
  17. dolfan22

My point was and still is this team STILL has far too many question marks and far too few positive answers. I am not writing off this draft class at all , so let's see how they develop and produce. However are we where we should be? hope to be? not in the least , imo. Where are the answers to the questions we have had ? As I said thank God for 17 .... I suppose we should just build on that , and we will. However he does and will need above average if not elite players to help him win this division. That btw is not happening this year.

18. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yep, this is one of the reasons why I don't bother with BSPN

In fact, I rather like the new NBC Sports Network.

19. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Ummm....huh? I am definitely not writing this team off as a 5 win team as of now. But theres less then a 5% chance we win the division.

Anonymous likes this.
  20. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Disagree, it all comes down to how well the offense plays.

Interesting to think of a Printers v Lulay and Garrard v Tannehill scenario though.

21. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Then you are writing them off Nappy R.

To me it is clear that JMart is causing problems, it some ways he has been Colombo w/more penalty flags, only Colombo played better in the last preseason...

22. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    If Tannehill is a franchise QB, we will compete for the division regardless of our perceived holes. We've got years to build a team around him to complete for larger prizes.

23. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Not in his rookie season we wont. Go back and look at all the great franchise QBs. Winning the division is few are far between.

24. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

Im writing them off as a superbowl contender yes. Of course. I did that before camp started. We simply don't have the necessary players to do that. We can play well and win 8 or 9 games. But that honestly is a best case scenario with a rookie QB, lack of receiving play makers and 10 rookie head coaches.

How can you look yourself in the mirror and truly believe this team could win 12 games this year?

25. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I believe we can win 10 or 11 games this yr.

26. dolfan22

It doesn't come down to defense , special teams or coaching then? Winning the division encompasses all of those plus how well the offense plays imo.

Not writing of a positive season , but winning the division is so far above a positive season anyone being realistic needs to not ponder that imo. This is a rebuild project and the players they brought in this season need to play , get experience and get better. At some point we'll see or have a clearer indication of who may be or will be difference makers. That may be later than sooner and I will give it that time.

There still is a talent deficiency imo and I hope ...hope .... several of the drafted players diminish that over the course of this season .

27. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    lol congrats, this is probably the dumbest statement I've read all offseason.

28. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Disagree D22, to me a guy like Egnew could easily do the things David Martin used to do for us for example.

Running a seam route is not rocket science, but if John Martin is getting killed at the snap, that won't happen.

ST do matter, realistically tho, they can win you 3 games tops, unless Thigpen is Devin Hester.

Philbin's presser he mentioned the Defense was not playing with "zip"..that is an understatement, they lack intensity which is death for any Defense..they need to fix that or this will be a really long season.

29. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Uhm, who are you and why should your opinion matter to me, or anyone?

CWBIII and smahtaz like this.
  30. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i dunno this is the first year that i' m finally not as optimistic as the years before....i expect the worst and will be happy with any win we can get at least i'm off the hook with the 50 bucks i did bet for with a buddy sayin miami will make the playoffs, since he also put in a bet for 50 bucks that dwight howard won't be a laker its only win and win now

31. dolfan22

Egnew and Martin have to show if they are difference makers or not at their positions , so that goes back to what I have been saying. They and others haven't ( not just this draft class mind you ) .

Secondary has the same question marks Pads , part of my point , don't really see positive answers at the moment . We are hoping for strong production from a position we have basically not paid anything for ( WR ) so just being realistic there I think.

Realistic , but very very positive about 17 , all last year I said MM wasn't the answer , from what limited amount we have seen so far I believe Tanneyhill is. Now just to get some of the other parts meshing and moving forward and get production.

32. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I do D22, to me SS/VD/Marshall/Jones/Clemons/Wilson is our best unit since the Wanny Days.

Lb depth is an issue, but nothing is perfect, the real problem is the DLine is playing like ******* and our 3 impact athletes, Wake/Dansby/Burnett have been sitting w/injuries.

The thing with young players is you have to play them to find out what you have, Egnew or even Clay can easily be difference makers.

33. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    How?

34. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I thought after the draft that we were a 6-8 win team, and I still feel that way. The good news is that Tannehill has been better earlier than I expected. Also, we only play four games where I see the Fins as the definate underdog (the two against NE, HOU, and SF). Every other game is a coin flip, meaning that even a mediocre team like Miami should be able to win at least half of them with average luck and health. Go 6-6 in those 12 games, and even if they go 0-4 against the better teams, thats 6-10 again. So, I see six wins as the floor unless things fall completely apart on the injury front. im not expecting the playoffs, but Im not expecting disaster either.

35. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Lets not all forget that it's also two game that there was no gameplan sp to speak. Alot of the players were moving around. Ill watch this weeks game and see what I think. I suggest we all take a breather and let them build this team the right way.. We had ****ty coaches for a while now lets not rush react so quick.. and for one I was all over Tony because he was a buffoon!

36. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

He does, and so does Jonathan Martin.

37. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Are you expecting Tom Brady to get hurt? Because if not, that is not enough to win the division.

38. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    What worries me is our athletes do not look very athletic.

I suspect Philbin ran them a bit to hard to have much success in the preseason.

39. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    How many snaps have Bush, Bess, Fasano, Wake, Barnett, and Dansby taken this preseason? Aren't those some of our better players? Doesn't it seem like Philbin is using the preason to evalute young talent and not to game plan or win games. This next game should be more of a dress rehersal and we should get a better sense of how things fit together.

40. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    If J. Walker is pessimistic, then I am optimistic.