1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the few Jets fans who post here...

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by 124, Jul 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Remember this:

While we sit back and have another glorious 10-6 season with a 1st round playoff exit (and that would the BEST case scenario) with Chad Pennington or Kellen Clemens at the helm, remember this. Because you are the ones who did not want Favre, and you'll be watching him lead Baltimore far into the playoffs, since Green Bay will not trade him within the NFC and Baltimore seems to be our only logical opponent for him. Kansas City and Miami are rebuilding, they won't make serious pushes for him, in my opinion.

You are the ones who will have ZERO right to ***** and will surely be the first ones chirping in if this team is 8-8 while Favre leads Baltimore to 13-3. Remember this. Because it is you who will regret it if the Jets do not land Favre for a 2nd round pick. A 2nd round pick for one of the greatest ever. Seems like a no brainer, right?

Apparently not to some of you. No, you'd rather have Chad freakin' Pennington who underthrows 15 yard passes or the inexpereinced / unknown Wonder Kid, Kellen Clemens. I like Clemens but who would you rather him learn under? Chad Pennington or Brett Favre? Who gives the best chance to win RIGHT NOW? Favre, Pennington or Clemens?

Take a look around at the core players on this team and their ages. This team is a WIN NOW team. Not 2010 or 2011, whenever Clemens may or may not be ready to become something we don't know if he'll ever become.

Faneca is 31.
    Richardson is a one year deal and is one of the best blocking FB's in the game.
    Jenkins is late 20's and weight concerns.
    Coles is 30+.
    Jones is 30 years old and running backs die quicly after that.

All we need to offer up is a ****ing 2nd round pick. Now I don't know about the rest of you but I'm sick and ****ing tired of 4-12 and 10-6 with a 1st round exit or maybe a lucky 1st round win. **** this ****.

Show some balls Woody Johnson, Mike Tannenbaum and Eric Mangini. You want to win now? PROVE IT. Dump Pennington, GET BRETT FAVRE. Money concenrs? Dumping Chad helps that and Favre could make less base salary here and be fine because of the endorsement money he'd be raking in. In NYC Favre is bigger than Eli, ARod or Jeter, period. He wouldn't mind taking a small pay cut to play the game he loves.

MAN UP, MAKE A ****ING MOVE.

LETS GET SERIOUS ABOUT WINNING FOR ONCE.

Celtkin likes this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nice post bro.

124 likes this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    So GB wants a #2 for Favre?

Acquiring him could but you in cap purgatory for 2-3 years...

4. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    With Brett Favre those teams are playoff teams.

Aqua, let me ask you something:

Did you miss the 2006 season when both were playoff teams? --- since this post we discussed this in a PM.

Teams can and will have down years, thus the case for the Ravens (whose QB situation was sad last season, to be honest) and the Jets (whose Offensive Line was in shambles after losing Pete Kendall and our QB situation wasn't any better than Baltimore's). Both teams are in the playoffs again with Favre, especially the Jets who added Kris Jenkins, Tony Richardson and Alan Faneca, the best LG in the game not named Steve Hutchinson.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  5. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I do see the logic of your thread, however, I think you are still more than a 1 year QB away, and a 2nd round pick is what could make or break you in the long run.

Also, the CAP hit would mean having to let go of other players you really dont want to for the next couple of years.

So, you are willing to mortgage everything for one shot.....yeah, if the phins were in your position, I would consider it :up:

6. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    We would have to let go of Pennington and thats no big loss. With the release or trade of Pennington, the Jets have plenty of cap room. They could also ask Favre to take a pay cut and Favre I think would take it to play the game he loves, especially with all the endorsement money that he would make here. The Jets could also give him 10-20% of Jersey sales seeing as his jersey would sell like better than Italian food around here.

7. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I agree. If I'm a Jets fan, I'm clamoring to make this deal. Favre gives you a 2 yr window to win a SB. If you win it--great. If not, there might be ramifications, but I don't know a team that won a SB and didn't take a risk or two financially.

One thing to point out, if I'm having a Clemens learn from someone I'd rather have him "learning" from Pennington than Favre. Just because Brett Favre is one of the greatest QB's of all time, doesn't mean he's one of the smartest.

124 likes this.
  8. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Don't forget Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed and Bart Scott in that Baltimore defense. Their D is still one of the better ones in the league and McGahee is fairing well down there. The loss of Ogden will hurt, but Gaither is up and coming. He'll be a fine replacement. You don't need the best LT in the game to win, you just need him to hold down the fort.

2007 New England Patriots didn't do too shabby. :wink2:

Sure they did it with trades, but Jenkins was a trade. Faneca and Pace were signings. Its not like the Jets went out like Daniel Snyder and signed 9 high priced Free Agents. The organization went after proven Pro Bowl performers, two of which are still at the top of their game (Jenkins and Faneca) and one who is hopefully up and coming (Pace, who I will admit we over paid for).

The Jets also did it at core positions (Lineman). They didn't go out signing high priced Receivers, Running Backs or Cornerbacks. They're not idiots like Al Davis and Daniel Synder. BTW, the 2005 Jets had too many injuries to think of, and I can't think of the "High Priced Free Agents" that you speak of that we aquired, other than Ty Law.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  9. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Good post. I think the Jets and Bucs are the best teams for Farve to land.

10. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    The thing of it is 124, the Jets are not "1 player away" even a Favre away from making a serious run.

Put it another way, was either side of the ball for the Jets even rated in the top 8 in the NFL? INOW, it's not a question of one strong unit and one weak one, it is a matter of top to bottom talent on the roster.

And not to be crass, but why would Favre leave such a football friendly town like Green Bay for the confines of NJ?

11. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    The stadium is right outside of New York City and the endorsement deals would be soaring through the roof.

The team is a Quarterback away from being a contender, perhaps you'll notice that this year when you see the Quarterback is the only thing holding them back.

12. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    well, lets just see if their Free Agency binge works out.

124 likes this.
  13. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Thats the key. Jenkins, Faneca and to some extent, Pace. We have Gholston so if Pace doesn't work out and Gholston does, the money we owe Pace will suck, but it won't matter if one of two pans out. Hopefully they both do. Having three legitimate pass rushers (if Thomas gets his *** in gear and back to his 06 form) would be a great thing to have.

14. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    And why is it a given that Favre, even if he is able to leave GB, not try to play for a legit contender? One with the fewest questions?

And it could be that the Ravens peaked out in 06 with McNair, you could be looking at this in the wrong light as it were. We tried C-pepe in the McNair roll and it didn't pan out.

Developing a young QB is a grinch, trust a Dolphin fan on that one...:pity:

15. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    dont get me wrong, I hate, hate, hate, the Jets, but they had a good offseason and got players like Pace and Gholston who were perfect for their system.

16. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Farve is going to the Vikes BANK ON IT

alen1 likes this.
  17. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Here we go again....

If this becomes a daily thing, I'm going to shoot myself.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  18. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    :sidelol::up:

alen1 likes this.
  19. I thought you were going to be there already.

20. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    No he's not.

Green Bay will not release him and will not trade him inside the NFC North, probably not inside the NFC either, but definitely not inside the NFC North. Brett Favre won't play another down in the NFL before he plays for Minnesota. Green Bay is too classless to let him go.

21. Jets81

Jets81 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Favre gives the Jets a better chance to win the super bowl next season, maybe the one after that. How much better that chance is is the big question. Close enough to justify a second rounder? Conditional first? Hard to say in my opinion. Not to mention he'll have to guide a team through a much tougher AFC conference featuring perennial powers like New England and Indy. I'm not sure he can take this team that far.

The age factor isn't as big a deal as some make it out to be though. Coles is getting up there in age, Jones will need to be replaced soon, no telling how long Faneca will play at a high level, Woody is a stop gap in my opinion. In some respects signing him for 2 years almost makes sense because the offense is going to need an overhaul in the next few years anyway.

The best reason for signing Brett Favre is that Chad Pennington would be free to become the greatest Arena Football QB of all time. That makes me feel all warm inside so I guess I'm on board.

22. Trading for Favre is ridiculous. The Jets need to give Clemens the Rock and find out if he can handle it. We don't need Favre, because odds are, we're going to need that 2nd round pick to grab yet another QB.

23. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    could??? there already there bro.

24. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    you guys were 4-12 last year man. you really think you're an old crazy erratic HOF'er away from contending? The Packers last year and this year, are exponentially better than your best hopes for this season. you invetsed in kellen clemens, id just be hoping he finally takes the horns and becomes the guy.

25. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Farve's the one without class in this one bro. he's a crying whiney baby, who sticks it to rogers and the packers every off-season.

alen1 likes this.
  26. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Due he wont go anywhere else BUT MINNY. Face it if GB tried to trade him he wouldn't show.

Vikes tampered with Farve because as it turns out Childress talked to Farve twice.

So look to see Farve in Purple either week 4 or 6 of this season.

27. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    What makes you say that? Lets say TJack play has gone down hill,or gets injured? I don't think he would play right away if he was signed by then but he would play that year.

28. SHow me how the Jets are in cap hell right now? Where's your proof?

29. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    its simple logic for all the overpaying you did for Pace, Faneca, and Jenkins this off-season compounded with your prior position. but here's a website that has them as a bottom feeder anyway.

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/adjustment.asp

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  30. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    another good read for ya. (more up to date)

http://sportsyenta.blogspot.com/2008/03/wtf-are-jets-doing.html

09' should be real fun for you guys...:pity:

MelbournePhin likes this.