For fans of rock guitar, you should see this

10 replies

Jaydog57Jaydog57Forum VeteranOP
Aug 23, 2008, 03:48 PM

Her name is Desiree Bassett and she's 15 years old. And damn, can she jam on a guitar.:up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhtDBqDucJE

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Aug 23, 2008, 04:05 PM

Brother Great stuff! Got to love Sammy Hagar & The Waboritas for bringing her on stage. She was awesome!:up: I moved it here bro, so others could see it in the right forum, and appreciate it.:hi5:


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

calphincalphinNew Member
Aug 23, 2008, 04:09 PM

Girl can play, thats for sure!! gotta love sammy, great guitar player and makes the best tequila in the world, as far as I'm concerned. cabo wabo baby!!!


Thanks Gish

calphincalphinNew Member
Aug 23, 2008, 04:12 PM

Speaking of Sammy, a couple of years ago, there was a raffle at one of the Tahoe casinos. A very good friend of mine and her husband, won his '55 Thunderbird. He autographed the dashboard of the car, christened the car with a bottle of Tequila, and then drank a bottle of tequila with her and her husband.


Thanks Gish

Jaydog57Jaydog57Forum Veteran
Aug 23, 2008, 04:16 PM

"Fin Fan In Cali wrote:

Brother Great stuff! Got to love Sammy Hagar & The Waboritas for bringing her on stage. She was awesome!:up: I moved it here bro, so others could see it in the right forum, and appreciate it.:hi5:

Thanks man, I wasn't sure where to post it. You can only imagine how good she'll be in another 10 years.:up:

Yeah, calphin, from what I've heard about him, Sammy's a really cool guy and takes time to hang out with fans, your friends had a blast I'm sure.:hi5:

calphincalphinNew Member
Aug 23, 2008, 04:24 PM

"Jaydog57 wrote:

Thanks man, I wasn't sure where to post it. You can only imagine how good she'll be in another 10 years.:up:

Yeah, calphin, from what I've heard about him, Sammy's a really cool guy and takes time to hang out with fans, your friends had a blast I'm sure.:hi5:

Susan had a blast, her husband was not so happy, although he did like her winning the car .(kinda of a dry arse) he was mad just before the whole thing started, he kept telling her to come on, you're not gonna win, dont waste our time like this. thats just how he is.


Thanks Gish

muscle979muscle979Forum Veteran
Aug 23, 2008, 04:42 PM

Coolest teenage girl ever.

DevilFin13DevilFin13Supporter
Aug 23, 2008, 05:23 PM

If I was 9 years younger I'd be in love with that girl.

And even though I'm a Dave guy, Sammy puts on a great show and seems to always have a good time.

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Aug 23, 2008, 08:33 PM

"calphin wrote:

Speaking of Sammy, a couple of years ago, there was a raffle at one of the Tahoe casinos. A very good friend of mine and her husband, won his '55 Thunderbird. He autographed the dashboard of the car, christened the car with a bottle of Tequila, and then drank a bottle of tequila with her and her husband.

Thanks for the story bro. Sammy has always been first class. I saw him on tour many moons ago. Night Ranger just opened for him in Portland. There hit Don't Tell me You Love Me was just getting hot on the radio. They got done and just left the stage with only some of us applauding. Sammy came on stage right away, and said I am not playing until you give them around of a applause. We did, and he rocked the house.:wink2:


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

Dolphin1184Dolphin1184New Member
Aug 24, 2008, 01:17 AM

"DevilFin13 wrote:

If I was 9 years younger I'd be in love with that girl.

And even though I'm a Dave guy, Sammy puts on a great show and seems to always have a good time.

In 3 years you can be in love with that girl. ;)

JCowScotJCowScotForum Veteran
Aug 24, 2008, 01:39 AM

Well, since we are on the topic of good (young) female musicians/guitar players, here's another one: Tal Wilkenfeld.

Here she is @ Crossroads '07 playing 'A Day in the Life', one of my fave covers.

YouTube - "A Day in the Life" Jeff Beck Tal Wilkenfeld Crossroads 07

And this is 'Cause We Ended as Lovers'...this girl knows how to solo in the pocket!

YouTube - Jeff Beck & Tal Wilkenfeld - Cause We Ended As Lovers

She's only in her early 20's (22 I think...) and already playing w/ Jeff Beck...ON TOUR!!!:wow: Makes me realize how much I've wasted the past few years in not practicing:pity:

Honor in Virtue. Truth in Sacrifice. Strength in All.