1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flynn

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PhinPhanatic, Mar 13, 2012.

1. PhinPhanatic

PhinPhanatic New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    I am always hesitant to start a new thread when there is no new big news but I have a poignant question. Why do "we" believe in Flynn? Even IF...IF Philbin does? If he beacomes the next Schaub....still not worth a Kolb like contract. Please, if we are rebuilding do it via draft and find a FO that can scout talent, and not scab talent from other teams. I just dont think we are a Schaub away, Peyton maybe but not a Schaub.

2. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    Do you see the numbers Schaub has put up?

MAFishFan likes this.
  3. PhinPhanatic

PhinPhanatic New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Yup and what has that done for TX? Doesnt help at all if he looks great in the stat sheet. U think if we had Schaub we would contend? Without Brandon?

4. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

The thinking that "IF" Philbin, who has been his OC since he was drafted, was involved in the draft process to begin with, he knows the system that Philbin will install.... wants Flynn, we have to figure he knows better than we do. All we have is 3 game films. It's all circumstantial, but what else do we have to go by...maybe 2 + 2 won't equal 4, but that's what we have to go on right now...

As for Schaub, you're selling him short. Defense has been the problem in Texas, not their offense...

Jt0323, xphinfanx and dirtywhiteboy like this.
  5. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Because Philbin is the head coach and has knowledge that you and me don't. If he is willing to bet his future coaching career on a guy he has coached and knows that system than I'm all for FLYNN coming aboard even at the cost of losing out on manning. Philbin has seen him in practice, in drills and in study sessions. He must feel hes an Ideal fit for whatever scheme were going to.

6. Hexonx

Hexonx Active Member

Sep 24, 2009
    If Philbin thinks he is worthy of a big contract and willing to risk his job on this guy then I say go for it. If Philbin thinks drafting a QB is better then I am ok with that.

Honestly the FO is keeping so quiet I doubt anyone has an idea of what they are thinking or what the logic is right now.

7. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    Probably to the SB if he didn't get hurt

MAFishFan likes this.
  8. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Throughout the process I said:

Whatever Philbin decides on Flynn is probably the right decision seeing that he has worked with him the past 4 years.

I now question Philbin's decisions.

9. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    My position with Flynn is this... Philbin knows if he can play in the NFL or not. He knows more then most anyway. If he thinks he can then you get him. If Philbin does not then there is no way you get him. I trust our head coach.

10. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    I no longer trust our head coach.

11. MAFishFan

MAFishFan Team Tannehill

Sep 20, 2011
    Massachusetts
    why? what has he done

12. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    The question is not if ya trust your headcoach. Is if ya can make it through a season still trusting your head coach. If the majority can do that we will be in a good place lol

13. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I don't think we know much about this team right now. And we sure don't know much about a guy who has only thrown about 100 passes in his NFL career. Even if we sign Flynn we won't know much about him until he plays on a consistent basis. There is a lot of uncertainty with this team and I don't think it will change for a while.

14. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Based on what might I ask? We've seen no negative media reports, not started any off season workouts, have no idea what FA might be signed or rookie drafted, played no games pre or in season yet, but most of all haven't seen him drool all over himself. So why the change of heart?

15. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    We have no idea what kind of deal Flynn is being offered at this point - so how can one criticize or have any rational opinion on the coach or the level of interest the Dolphins have in the guy? And, the Dolphins are likely to be the ones to set the market on him, since no one knows Flynn like Philbin.

Philbin has spent multiple years with this guy and has seen him in film, meetings, practice, as well as having one of the best in the game (Rodgers) to compare him with. If Philbin makes a big offer, it means he sees great potential in the guy. If he doesn't, that tells you something as well.

siciliansith likes this.
  16. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL

roflmfao... I cant tell if you're serious

I really cant.

wtf?

17. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Who says "pwn" still?!

18. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    PNW= Pacific Northwest.

We're getting trolled by Latte swirling assclowns.

I hope you enjoy the Supersonics game this year, bro.