Florida Sports Buzz: Dolphins LB options

11 replies

JIjim1New MemberOP
Apr 10, 2010, 08:48 PM

• Former Ravens scout Daniel Jeremiah of Movethesticks.com said Michigan's Brandon Graham (who led the nation with 26 tackles for loss in '09) should be rated higher than Kindle because he's a better pass rusher. But Morgan (6-1, 268) is shorter than Miami prefers and has short arms. Kiper has him going 19th, and Southern California's Everson Griffen -- another hybrid end/outside linebacker -- at 29.

• TCU's Jerry Hughes (26.5 sacks over the past two years) would be appealing, but could be chosen between Miami's picks at 12 and 43. Kiper has him at No. 32. . . . Miami met with Missouri's Sean Weatherspoon and TCU's Daryl Washington -- likely top 45 picks -- but both are undersized and better suited to play inside in a 3-4 or weakside in a 4-3.

• In the next tier, keep these names in mind: Clemson's Ricky Sapp (``productive and good speed, but his past knee problems are a concern,'' one NFC scout told us); Utah's Koa Misi (``great motor and will go in the early third round at worst,'' Jeremiah said; but just eight sacks over past two years); and UF's Jermaine Cunningham (19.5 sacks past three years). But Jeremiah said No. 43 might be too high for all three. Miami also inquired about Ohio State's Thaddeus Gibson (good speed but just nine sacks over the past two years). South Carolina's Eric Norwood, under 6-1, is shorter than Miami likes.

• Among later-round prospects, the Dolphins had visits with Virginia Tech's Jason Worilds (12.5 sacks combined in '08 and '09), South Dakota State's Danny Batten (17 sacks over past two years) and Ohio State's Austin Spitler, whom they really like. Among others on the radar: Connecticut's Lindsey Witten, Northwestern's Corey Wootton, N.C. State's Willie Young, Arizona State's Dexter Davis, Louisiana Lafayette's Hall Davis and Troy's Brandon Lang/ Cameron Sheffield.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/10/v-fullstory/1573374/draft-talent-at-linebacker-is.html#ixzz0kkRw6DUM

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Apr 10, 2010, 08:56 PM

Hmm...if we did draft Sergio Kindle, with his epic DUI at TX, with Ronnie B and Will Allen catching DUI's as well.

Would the 2010 Miami Dolphins be known as "Dolphins 8.0?"

:D

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Apr 10, 2010, 09:12 PM

I wonder where he sees Worlids going? I have him as a 3rd or 4th rd guy at the latest.

XeticusXeticusForum Veteran
Apr 11, 2010, 02:19 AM

I'm interested in Koa Misi. He sounds like a guy with great potential.

BoomerBoomerLuxury Box
Apr 11, 2010, 03:13 AM

I think Misi gets kicked inside in our system.

The Worilds thing is fascinating. No way is he anything less than a top 40 pick.

I am the sweat not the swagger.

BoomerBoomerLuxury Box
Apr 11, 2010, 03:13 AM

And if we draft Sergio Kindle, Jeff Ireland should be sacked.

I am the sweat not the swagger.

ALalen1New Member
Apr 13, 2010, 07:14 PM

"Boomer wrote:

I think Misi gets kicked inside in our system.

The Worilds thing is fascinating. No way is he anything less than a top 40 pick.

I think Misi, with work, could be used at both weak side linebacker and inside. He needs to gain weight and get polished but he's got a sneaky bulrush and he's quick off the edge. I think he can play ILB though. He's very comfortable in space.

I think Worilds could end up being a 50-70 pick. He's got a lot of upside and I like his game a lot but teams are going to be worried about his past injuries and he's shown in the past that he is not always able to shed blocks. I've seen him get blocked by tight ends before. I think he needs to get a bit more bulked up but it would not surprise me if he goes late second / early third.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Apr 13, 2010, 07:20 PM

"Boomer wrote:

I think Misi gets kicked inside in our system.

The Worilds thing is fascinating. No way is he anything less than a top 40 pick.

Respectfully disagree Boom, when has lingering injury prone ever equaled Top 40 pick?

NFL GM's are amazingly risk adverse:

Risk aversion is a concept in psychology, economics, and finance, based on the behavior of humans (especially consumers and investors) whilst exposed to uncertainty.

Risk aversion is the reluctance of a person to accept a bargain with an uncertain payoff rather than another bargain with a more certain, but possibly lower, expected payoff. For example, a risk-averse investor might choose to put his or her money into a bank account with a low but guaranteed interest rate, rather than into a stock that may have high returns, but also has a chance of becoming worthless.

Outside the rather mathematical fields of economics and finance, people have to make choices about how they face risks every day. Some have become very cautious, preferring to minimise risks even when the potential benefit of an action is large.

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Apr 13, 2010, 09:20 PM

"Boomer wrote:

And if we draft Sergio Kindle, Jeff Ireland should be sacked.

Why? Do you think he'll bust? What kind of career do you envision for him?



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Apr 13, 2010, 09:34 PM

"adamprez2003 wrote:

Why? Do you think he'll bust? What kind of career do you envision for him?

YouTube- Can't help falling in love- UB40

........

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Apr 14, 2010, 03:48 AM

"padre31 wrote:

Respectfully disagree Boom, when has lingering injury prone ever equaled Top 40 pick?

NFL GM's are amazingly risk adverse:

Except Worilds isn't lingering injury prone.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

NorFlaFinNorFlaFinForum Veteran
Apr 14, 2010, 09:16 AM

"Boomer wrote:

And if we draft Sergio Kindle, Jeff Ireland should be sacked.

With Marshall now onboard(Miami blinked) get ready for Kindle.

No, it's not what I wanted or thought would happen.