1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitzpatrick 'excited' Dolphins took Tagovailoa, but still wants to play

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by xphinfanx, May 19, 2020.

1. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    One of the many reasons why Tua will sit, learn, strengthen and watch.

Surfs Up 99, firedan and xphinfanx like this.
  3. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    He pretty much knew he wasn't the "Franchise" guy coming into this. He's a good guy for him to be sitting behind and learning from. Although he's not the "franchise" he is a really good QB with a lot of toughness that gives us a chance to win.

xphinfanx likes this.
  4. rafael

rafael Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I had mentioned recently that "mentoring" NFL QBs is not so much on the the mentor as the mentee. The mentor primarily teaches by example and it's on the mentee to be proactive in terms of asking questions and observing/absorbing. The mentor just has to be open and available to answer questions. The statement by Fitz is all that you want from your vet QB. He has to be professional and continue to prepare as the starter and he has to be willing to share his knowledge and experience when asked. I'd seen a few posts questioning Fitz as a mentor b/c Rosen hadn't seemed to develop much. IMO that's a misunderstanding of the process. If Rosen didn't progress then it's on him. He either didn't ask enough questions or if he did he didn't absorb the information.

xphinfanx, resnor and Surfs Up 99 like this.
  5. xphinfanx

Nov 1, 2009
    In all honesty I don't think Rosen had another opportunity toward the last half of the season so if he did learn anything from it there was no chance to show or practice it. It would be nice to see him have a fair chance with a better surrounding line and team.

6. xphinfanx

Nov 1, 2009