1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Half- Perfect Microcausm of the past 20 years being a Dolphin Fan

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    First Half AND SECOND- Perfect Microcosm of the past 20 years being a Dolphin Fan

Let's see - We drive the ball down the field twice and settle for FG's and miss both.
    Two major drops, including a perfect TD pass in the back of the EZ for our star WR who we gave up two draft picks for.
    We call timeout on 3rd and 1 to get the ball back and the opposing team completes a long bomb to give them another FG.
    Our QB is under immense pressure and has multiple balls batted down at the LOS, including one which directly results in a short TD for the opposing team.
    Our red zone offense stalls.

Did I miss anything? Haven't we seen this damn story over and over and over again for the past 20 years? This is really starting to get infuriating.

EDIT POST TO INCLUDE 2ND HALF:

Our D finally makes a few bigs plays and we turnover the ball on the ensuing possession, after losing the field position game all game long
    Our special teams gives up large returns and can't get beyond the 15 yard line.
    We go away from our rookie RB after his fumble, despite the fact that he looked like the only legit NFL running back on the team.
    We get down to the RZ and instead of taking the 5-7 yards Thomas is giving us, throw it three straight times.
    Our "star" WR gives up on plays and acts like he is the first WR in NFL history that has been double teamed.
    We waste a timeout to draw the Texans offsides when we are down 10 and potentially need all the timeouts we can get (potentially the key word here)
    Our D is our last possible hope and we promptly allow the Texans to run the ball down our throats with their MVP candidate RB on the bench the entire second half.
    Our stadium is half empty.

Is this rock bottom? Or is this the same nightmare I keep having nearly every Sunday following this team for the past 20 years?

2. Phyl

Phyl New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    I think the 4th and 1 play would fit in well with your narrative. Furthermore, I completely agree with what you have to say.

3. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    BTW it's "microcosm."

4. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Ooops auto spell check :) Changed it..

5. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    The second half was pretty indicative too. Start coming back, grab the momentum, and then miss your opportunity. Then cue the opposition, who takes it down the field and score after you've blew your chance. It's been this way for a good 10-15 years now.

texanphinatic likes this.
  6. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Vontae has a hammy issue, too...

7. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    The ST's are just so terrible.

We give up a large return to set up a FG. We have returners that aren't able to get it past our 10 yard line. We get penalties on ST's.

We miss 2 FG's inside the 35 yard line. 2!!

4 red zone possession and came away with 2 scores--only 1 TD.

8. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Forget the last 15 years. All we need to focus on is the last three.

We blew everything up and brought in Parcells for a three year plan to respectability. What we have in Year 4 is total failure. That team out there is not respectable. The Parcells hire was a monumental error.

This team has to be blown up again, and every vestige of Parcells has to be excised like a cancer. This includes his hand picked head coach, Sparano, who was a nobody whom no one but Parcells would have ever considered for a head coaching job and whose only function was to be a puppet while Parcells was the eminence grise pulling the strings.

Parcells, whose approach was obsolete, quit in disgust and his lackeys Sparano and Ireland are exposed as having no clue of how to even begin to get the job done. Nolan is also a failure. We need to go back to the drawing board. Hurts to say it as a fan, but it is so.

9. Fintastic

Fintastic Banned

Sep 14, 2011
    Sparano needs to go, he is in over his head. I don't care anymore.

10. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    The only way this changes is to send Mr Ross a message.....................instead of the stadium being half empty it needs to be completely empty!!!!!!

11. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Well 2Socks, I am the biggest idiot of them all.. Purchased 2 seasons tickets at firesale price.. Feel like wiping my a$$ with them right now.

12. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Agreed. 1 year of regression I can understand. But three years? He has no control of this team. Watching BMarsh WING it again in the 4th quarter confirms to me that this coaching staff is way overmatched.. Poor Henne.... I can't wait until we get rid of Henne and he pulls a Drew Brees on us....

13. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    If this is not rock bottom, it's so close as makes no difference. We need to be heard as a fan base. We need not only to boycott the games; we all need to call for Sparano's and Ireland's heads loudly and repeatedly, on every commentable piece of print media, on talk radio, on every forum, and with signs at every televised game. Those who have put this product on the field and called it the Miami Dolphins need to be fired wholesale. Mr. Ross needs to hear anger.

2socks likes this.
  14. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Don't blame you brother. I only wish I was in south Florida because I would have em too. The tickets are cheap but when you factor in going to the games......parking,concessions,etc your talking some serious coin. Coin a lot of us don't have right now!! The only way to send a message is to hit Ross in his pocket book, which hopefully will trigger a desire for change. If we were improving I might be a little more optimistic. We are not though....we are headed back words. I can not over look that. Some will blame it on the labor strike, I blame the players for not being in shape and the coaches for not having them prepared. Of course we the fan get to suffer a little longer...............15 years and counting.

15. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Doesn't matter bro. We ARE NOT going to fire the HC two games in to the season...

16. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    You are correct .......were not. But we could quietly start looking...