1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fire Philbin

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by JShady, Oct 12, 2014.

1. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    This is interesting (not being facetious). Please share why you don't like Harbaugh.

2. Fame

Fame Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Vero Beach
    He walked into a situation with an amazing amount of untapped talent, got a ton out of them, turned the 49ers back into a successful franchise...and all the while seems to have annoyed everyone to the point where nobody wants him back. That scares me. I understand coaches being fired for lack of success, but how hated do you have to be where the owner would fire you even if you won a Super Bowl?

There's just something so unsettling about Harbaugh.

Itsdahumidity likes this.
  3. cdz12250

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Really interesting.

Back in 1970, Shula's players didn't like him. They were scared to death of him, resented him, thought he treated them like chidren, thought he was a tyrant. He made them run for twelve minutes nonstop in the summer heat when camp opened. They hated that. Many couldn't stand him. Few dared say so publicly. A very few did.

We know how that story ended a couple of years later.

4. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    It's different when one team hates how the coach is making them do too much and another teams hates their coach because they think he's a terrible head coach.

5. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    Not generally in favor of in season changes, but after reading the content of today's interview I am ready for change. Joe's responses today sealed my view on him and unless some of us want Ross to take serious financial hits for punishment for his ineptness, then it is time to make a change now. I felt this way with Wanny in his last season. Time to say No to Joe.

6. Lee2000

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    My problem is right now one of who replaces Joe for the rest of this year? Anyone have strong opinions?

7. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Ha ha ha ha. Wanting the coach fired after 5 games isn't strong enough for you?

8. Lee2000

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    Yes it is strong, and with observational concerns. Opinion yes, but I base my views of him being gone much on what I observe and hear from Joe. Not the typical discontent.

9. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I have to quote myself on this one.. San Fran tonight. Down 14 24 seconds to go 1st half 3 rd and long...attack, and kaepernicks longest completion of his career for a td. I don't think harbaugh is all that but that's how you get to three going on four championship games

10. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    That's cool, I'm not knocking the sentiment. Never really liked Philbin in the first place TBH. But he's here now so might as well give him a fair shot. If the team was tanking, getting blown out etc, then yeah but they're playing hard, well at times, but only in spurts unfortunately. If Rodgers doesn't make a series of unbelievable plays we win that game and we're probably not even having this discussion.

11. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Ill do it! Pick me! Ill be the first to admit I don't know football at a pro level but I run a team of 64 w a bunch more support crew. People need the same things to succeed in every endeavour and a good leaders job is to remove barriers and provide opportunity for success. Hell they've tried every coordinator spot, assistant coaches, o line coaches, college coaches, even cam fail forward fast Cameron out..

Why not a lifelong fan who was born the same day as the team and would gladly fight philbin for the chance...id kick that bald father mockers asterisk too don't kid yourself. Call 911. He'd make Shelbys mug shot look like a school picture.

If just wanting to is the main qualification I'm your man Ross.
    Just so you know... I'm easy, but I'm not cheap.

12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I agree, as much as I believe there have been serious mistakes made from a coaches perspective, let him drown himself or save himself, the players will determine his fate..

13. cdz12250

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    But Harbaugh is a good head coach. He produces wins.

14. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Ya, I personally don't want Philbin near this team anymore...and I tend to hold on as long as possible, but dude...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...s-dolphins-headscratchers-20141013-story.html

"Queasy?" Your team is having it's best half of offense since you've been the HC...Queasy?!?!?!!

Through with this guy.

Tin Indian likes this.
  15. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    not sure it's a strong opinion, but you obviously have to stay in house with a mid season change. So that leaves you with Coyle or Lazor. Right now I think Coyle is having problems with keeping the defensive players from having a mutiny so how would that work with the whole team under him. It would have to be Lazor. Even though he has only been an OC for 5 games he seems to be a bit of a gambler. I think you'd have to be to take a team over in mid season and get them to produce.