1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fins might be in the middle of the pack, but not for long

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Dec 22, 2009.

1. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    The Best Is Yet To Come

2. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    Nothing against you "dolfan7171" and im not directing my statement to you, but talk is cheap. Speculation means nothing.

3. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I like our chances, too. Unless we have an unusually bad offseason, or the injury bug hits us hard again, I think it's realistic to expect the Phins to take a big step forward next year.

4. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    No offense, but... 'talk' and 'speculation' is the reason I'm on this site right now. Hell, half the joy of football, to me, is talking about it.

LandShark13 and Two Tacos like this.
  5. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    Discussions of what happened is different from discussions of the unknown.

BigDogsHunt and SICK like this.
  6. RJones13LAL

RJones13LAL New Member

Apr 5, 2009
    jeez way to kill the optimistic mood...

I think this team is one good draft and a Good Free Agent WR away from being a superbowl contender!!! WOO HOOO!!!

7. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Who cares? I like to speculate. I find it fun, millions of gamblers find it fun too. Even if you don't gamble, it is entertaining to form an opinion, debate it with someone who differs, and then see who was right come Sunday.

8. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    Yes and there's millions that dont like to speculate. So whats your point? What's entertaining about going back and forth on a topic when its all fairy tale until it happens? We speculated we were going to beat the Saints, didnt happen. Speculated we'd SPANK the Bucs yet we beat them in the final seconds. Completely disregarded the Bills and ended up losing to them. Everyone speculated we'd win win out the final 3 games for the Wildcard starting with the Titans. Didn't happen.

NOTE: Again DOLFAN7171, nothing against you bro, just the idea of predicting the future from that article.

9. Two Tacos

Nov 24, 2007
    Many people like to do it, and this is the place to do so. You don't like it, don't do it. But what really is the point of complaining about others doing it? Also, of course poeple are wrong sometimes, if we weren't, it wouldn't be speculation.

10. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    You do realize this is a message board right? If you don't like speculation, this probably isn't the place for you. :wink2:

11. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    So then what is the point of speculating? To live in a fantasy world? You keep pointing out that its ok to speculate because many people do it. Well, many people also don't and rather just wait and see. So again, whats your point? Its one thing to speculate for maybe the next game, a couple of days away, but its another to speculate seasons into the future. I come here to discuss whats going on now, what i can prove, what just happened in games just played. Maybe you haven't watched football long enough to know that if one key player goes down, the whole dynamic of a team can change. I'm not trying to put a damper on the Fins future, all I'm saying is forget about the future seasons because they don't matter until we get there. Speculating doesn't mean jack.

12. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I just got back from the local psychic, and she told me that Miami is going to make the playoffs. She also told me that next season Miami wins the division and makes a serious push for the Super Bowl.

13. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i like the optomism. but keep it close to the chest. we were picked to win the superbowl by alot of people when saban was coach. we had arguably the greatest QB in the worlds history of QBs for well over a decade.....i have been alive sense 87' and havent seen us IN a superbowl let alone win one. i will believe it when i see it. this team is just unlucky as **** :lol:

14. Two Tacos

Nov 24, 2007
    :lol: I also like to speculate about how a backup will fill in, before he plays! My point is that it is silly to complain about what people want to talk about on a message board. Just because you’re not interested doesn’t mean others aren’t. Also, you should probably just avoid the draft forum. In fact, you may want to only visit the day immediately following a game. You should probably skip the off-season, except the day of the draft. Do what you want though. Have fun!

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  15. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

because 1987 to 2009 is a long time right? :lol:

whoa is you were you a cubs fan you could probably live two lives and not see a championship

16. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34w8xqFz3eU"]YouTube- Scrooge McDuck "Bah! Humbug!"[/ame]

17. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    sure it is speculation that the dolphins will win a super bowl with this team
    but it is not speculation that the dolphins are putting together a solid nucleus to compete for said super bowl
    fact: the phins are heading in the right direction

18. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I watched us get to each and everyone....which is why I know we will be back there.

SICK likes this.
  19. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Without speculation there would be no draft talk at all.

In a way all football talk is speculation if you are talking about the future, even if it is only the next game. If you write nothing but the past and how Miami did in the past then the discussion would be a constant history lesson.

20. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I agree that of the 7-7 teams Miami is one of the two most likely to take the next step. The other one I like is Tennessee. Both of those teams have young QBs who are showing they can be stars. They also have solid coaching staffs and generally well balanced teams.

And projecting what teams and players will do is probably 75% of what happens on NFL message boards. About 25% is looking at what happened and the rest is all about projecting what it means for the future. And in the off-season that projecting percentage is even higher. (BTW that's also what coaches and GMs do). Anybody who doesn't like that will probably not enjoy being on an NFL message board.

LandShark13 likes this.
  21. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Although I completely agree with the article, you are absolutley right. If a Miami Herald journalist wrote that same article about the Texans, he would be chased out of Miami and it would have never been published. It's a fluff piece, but a man's gotta make a living.