Fins interested in Bentley

17 replies

JAJacksonNew MemberOP
Jul 13, 2008, 02:09 PM

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Jul 13, 2008, 02:29 PM

If we get Bentley does that mean Satele moves to LG? and Smiley moves to RG? I dunno about you but damn that would be a nice Olie if Bentley stays healthy.

TheAnswer385TheAnswer385Forum Veteran
Jul 13, 2008, 02:32 PM

This has been talked about for a while now. Why hasn't he gone anywhere yet?

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
Jul 13, 2008, 02:34 PM

"TheAnswer385 wrote:

This has been talked about for a while now. Why hasn't he gone anywhere yet?

Bentley has gotta be one of the most intricate type of players to move. coming off a severe injury, but a former huge talent with an agent trying to find a huge pay-day. this could drag out for a looong while.

rdhstlr23rdhstlr23Supporter
Jul 13, 2008, 02:54 PM

I think a reason why nobody has signed him yet is because he's looking to be a starter, he's looking for decent money, he hasn't played in two years, he's coming off a really tough injury, and his last 40 time was pretty brutal.

I think you'll hear Miami in the rumor mill for any player that will be waived/released/put on the trade block from here until the end of the season. They're in rebuild mode and trying to field the best 53 men they can.

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Jul 13, 2008, 03:22 PM

"BuckeyeKing wrote:

If we get Bentley does that mean Satele moves to LG? and Smiley moves to RG? I dunno about you but damn that would be a nice Olie if Bentley stays healthy.

I heard that Bentley prefers to play guard. So, if you plug him in at RG it would be a decent oline.

If you plug him at center, and move Satele at G. It might work, it might not. There would be two variables there. If you leave Satele at C, and have Bentley play G, well that's one less variable to deal with.

TiP54TiP54New Member
Jul 13, 2008, 03:25 PM

Stick him in to the RG spot.
We would have an actual oline

CRCrunkcoreNew Member
Jul 13, 2008, 04:09 PM

I wonder if we'll actually sign him.

Thanks Hulk for the great sig!

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Jul 13, 2008, 04:12 PM

I woudlnt mind if we signed him. Id like to leave Satele at center though and stick bentley in at guard.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

evzevzSupporter
Jul 13, 2008, 04:18 PM

Only if we can call him LeChuck.

RoninFin4RoninFin4Supporter
Jul 13, 2008, 05:06 PM

"FreeStyle wrote:

I would personally like Satele to stay at Center.JMO

I totally agree FreeStyle. Plus, Bentley was a better G than C in the NFL in his days with the Saints. Personally, I wouldn't mind bringing in Bently AND Sosa, though I'd prefer to take the risk on Bentley just because he's shown he can perform at a high level in the NFL. And I really like what it'd make our O-line depth chart look like:

LT Long
LG Smiley
C Satele
RG Bentley
RT Carey

Those would be my starting 5, and as for the backups - teams usually keep four, at least from what I've looked at. A swing T, two G's and a C or C/G combo. So you'd have:

G Murphy
C McKinney
G Thomas
T Wilson - as of now, or Pedro Sosa, or McQuistan from Dallas if he's cut.

@KevinMD4

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Jul 13, 2008, 07:04 PM

"evz wrote:

Only if we can call him LeChuck.

Who are we going to call Le BigMac then? McKinney???? :lol:

PhinsRockPhinsRockLuxury Box
Jul 13, 2008, 07:38 PM

Can we afford him? If so, and I'll leave that up to Jeff & Bill, then I say bring him in, put him at RG and we are in pretty decent shape on the OL. And I think I prefer LeCharlie.

2011 & 2006 World Champions, 2013 National League Champions; St. Louis Cardinals!

jason8erjason8erLuxury Box
Jul 13, 2008, 09:12 PM

Hopefully he can bounce back from that 8 second 40 he ran weeks back. If not, he ain't playing guard for anyone this year.

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Jul 14, 2008, 07:53 AM

"PhinsRock wrote:

Can we afford him? If so, and I'll leave that up to Jeff & Bill, then I say bring him in, put him at RG and we are in pretty decent shape on the OL. And I think I prefer LeCharlie.

How can you say that?!!!! Our head coach is an offensive line expert!!! How can you not include him in the decision?

and, as much as I like LeChuck and LeCharlie. he is LeBuckeye.

bkbuffetbkbuffetNew Member
Jul 14, 2008, 08:29 AM

Has he even passed a physical yet for anyone?
I would imagine if he does get picked up by anyone, it will be as a guard. That is what he wants to play.

gunn34gunn34New Member
Jul 14, 2008, 12:20 PM

"bkbuffet wrote:

Has he even passed a physical yet for anyone?
I would imagine if he does get picked up by anyone, it will be as a guard. That is what he wants to play.

I don't think so. Not yet. Whatever he gets will be for playing time. I'd do a one or two year deal with lots of incentives.

PhinsRockPhinsRockLuxury Box
Jul 14, 2008, 12:27 PM

"gi§h® wrote:

How can you say that?!!!! Our head coach is an offensive line expert!!! How can you not include him in the decision?

and, as much as I like LeChuck and LeCharlie. he is LeBuckeye.

Because the question was related to $$$, Sparano is going to want the guy, I can assure you of that, the question was whether we can afford him. Going to have to take a pass on LeBuckeye though, yeeuch! :lol:

2011 & 2006 World Champions, 2013 National League Champions; St. Louis Cardinals!