1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fins Focus: Tim Dobbins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Jul 11, 2010.

1. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    That's got to be a twice-broken nose.

I like him. He's not nervous in front of the camera but he's not a goof either. He doesn't say "like" every third word or have any nervous ticks like that. It's not painful to watch him speak.

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Seems like a cool dude. He reminds me of a black Stinky (Hey Arnold)
    [​IMG]

Pandarilla likes this.
  3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I would do just about anything at this point to have Dobbin's win that job..Just give me physicality, some strength so the player is not on his *** or going backwards , some emotion, and some hitting impact, and i'am good.

Starks has been our best player for two years now, stuffin the middle by himself? all game, is not something i'am convinced of at this point. I know he can make play's from that area, but at his size, he could get moved around some, and we could get susceptible up the middle, and that's another reason that I think gives Dobbins an advantage, he's just much stronger then crowder, he can hold the point, whereas crowder will get moved off the ball, Physically. so if that middle is a little weak, I don't want crowder in there, he'll get crushed.

For me, its the most anticipated training camp battle.

4. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Just catchin up on some of the other videos. After watching Parts 1, 2 and 3 of Beyond the Field with Karlos Dansby, I can safely say that ah know what [he's] sayin'.

But it was kind of awesome that they knew they'd be filmed on this fishing trip in Part 3 and one of the fishermen on the boat with Karlos decided to wear a big-t**tied mermaid mostly naked on the back of his long-sleeved t-shirt anyway. I wonder if that's the mermaid that T-Pain ****ed (on a boat)?

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Deej, a part of me wonders if he will be the default SSOLB?

"if" Misi isn't ready to start the season and Q, is well, Q, if they want the player most likely to play well then Dobbins can.

6. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

So he's not Crowder?

7. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    you think that Dobbins can play on the outside?

8. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    On the strongside?

Sure, especially in a situational role ala Faggans and Woodyard did in Denver for Nolan.

Two downs, rotate Misi or Edds in for passing downs.

Dobbins/Crowder/Dansby/Anderson or Wake, a nice lineup of Younger Veteran Starters, on passing downs, bring in Misi or Edds and Wake.

Of course that is bad news for Q, but he has 4yrs to show what he can do, if he doesn't show it this yr, chances are good he never will in Miami.

9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    IDK Pod, my objective is to get Crowder off the field as much as possible, so I want the reps to stay inside.

Killerphins and Fin-Omenal like this.
  10. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I'm thinking he's more of a dead ringer for Sid...

[​IMG]

11. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Thanks for the link, nice guy. I hope he takes the starting spot away from Crowder because a. we need a guy in there that won't be driven backwards, b. Crowder never has shown me he is a very solid tackler, and c. I've been saying since draft day I think dobbins wins the starting spot. And as you all know I am always right :lol:

12. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I think Dobbins beats Chowder easily.
    He does all the things we had all hoped Chowder could, yet never has.
    I also agree with Padre that he could possibly play some SOLB if needed.

13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, here is the thing Deej, it is always better to start Vets and rotate in Rooks than they other way around, they make fewer mistakes that way, and those mistakes can cost games.

I'd prefer to start the Vets, let the Rooks play their roles, and then evaluate, then make changes if they are deserved, with 5 playoff teams in the first 7 games, and really no easy games to start the season, go with the Vets as Starters.

That's how the Ravens do things and I always found that to be the keys to their success, though Q Moses or Anderson are not likely to do a Adalius Thomas or James Harrison imitation, they should at least know what they are doing on the field.

14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    as you know ive stuck up for Q the past 2 years, ive just seen some atrhletic flashes there were to good to give up on, he's also worked hard on his body, so i think the fact that he's in position to start is something that he has worked for and deserved, So I see what your saying. I think we have to see how light Misi looks runnin around in pads before we crown him the starting gig, However, that overall athleticism he has, and his ability to run and make play's like a lnebacker should, are very tantilizing to just put him out there and live with the mistakes.

I said earlier, we've been deprived of good overall linebacker play for so long, I think Misi is gonna fit that description to a tee,

15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Q was my dude after the 07 season, I thought he had real potential, however that was 3 yrs ago, he has not broken 200 plays since then, to me his problem is he is essentially the same player he was coming out of Georgia, I haven't seen him develop any moves not even a JT style of using his height to leverage his way into the backfield.

I kinda hope not Deej, Misi is a conversion player and if he starts Day 1 that says some poor things about the rest of the OLB/DE corps.

16. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!

I too have atrhletic flashes. Mostly in my ankle in cold weather.

jetssuck likes this.
  17. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    except be a effective starter in the NFL.

18. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Dobbins is not playing SOLB in the 3-4. Guaranteed the Dolphins aren't even considering it.