1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fins face limits at key positions in free agency

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by njfinfan, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Good read. I really hope its a nuts and bolt draft and free agency, we need O line and D line help like crazy. I know we need secondary help as well, but it will be hard to cover them all this year. Although I wouldn't be upset if we talked to Jerry Porter and saw where his head is and if he could be happy in South Beach. He can flat out play when he's got his head right and could be a big upgrade from Booker or Hagan, plus it would keep us out of chasing Chad Johnson and Javon Walker etc. allowing us to keep our picks.

2. Danny

Danny New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Well, the good thing about the draft is that you have plenty of good corners to pick from this year.

Ozzy rules!!

3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Thank you Miss Mary. First time I have seen Jerry Porter's name mentioned. That is an interesting thought...also the kid I want to see in Miami isnt on that list. Bryant Johnson from the Cardinals.

4. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Welcome Kenny. Doing my best to find fresh stories about the fins in the morning. Can't leave it all to John. :-)

5. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
  6. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

This IS the FA WR we want. He has been nothing short of spectacular, has an incredible attitude and has all the tools. He has very good speed for his size, great hands, blocks well downfield, isnt brash everytime he picks up a first down and is absolute CLUTCH.

He would complement Ginnn and to a lesser degree Hagan very well.
    Dont forget the two reasons he is the Cardinals third WR....Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald:up:

like2god likes this.
  7. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Does it sound like Arizona has any intrest in resigning him or are they content in letting him test the market?

8. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007

Larry Fitzgerald has a $15 million cap number this season coming and Quan Boldin's contract is due next season. They will let Bryant go.

Georgia Fin likes this.
  9. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Whilst Porter fits the bill, his career has really hit something of a wall after sitiing out most of the year 2 seasons ago. I'm not sure how his mentalty fits into the Parcells ethos.

10. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

Agreed, and though Fitz is almost certain to restructure and prolong his Cards career, he , Quan and what Bryant is gonna make is TOO much for one team to invest in WR. Bryant will not be back in Arizona next year.

11. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Thanks for the info Boomer.:up:

12. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    He is, but you also have to look at three of their 4 best defenders are all due contracts wither now or at the end of next season; Dansby and Pace now and Dockett next season.

13. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007

No worries mate.

14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I want Drayton Florence from SD and it would be nice to steal possibly Eugene Wilson from the Pats. As for reciever, if we dont possibly land Berrian, I would like to get Gage. He is tall and has pretty good hands. I wouldnt mind Corey Williams of Green Bay for DT or Sopoaga. ....... this is all i would want if we fall through getting some of the big name FA's

15. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Drayton Florence would be a nice addition at the similar price we got Will Allen a few years ago. I mean, he didn't really "lose" his starting job; I believe he was injured and Cromartie stepped up and had an All Pro season. That's not on Florence, it's just a major surge by Cromartie. I've always valued Florence as an underrated CB. He's not a shutdown guy obviously, but he's a pretty good one.

Actually, I wouldn't mind signing both Florence & Reeves (at a cheap price). If both pan out, then that would allow Will Allen to resurface at the nickel. His quickness would be perfect going up against slot guys like Wes Welker.

Nonetheless, we need 2 CB's because Travis Daniels shouldn't even be on the roster next year -- at all.

16. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Wilson has really plateaud. Florence is a decent player, but a ways away from that upper echelon. It will be interesting to see how Denver plays Dominque Foxworth, who's a really good player, but is a RFA.

17. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    You really don't want Will Allen at the nickel. He's significantly better than Reeves or Florence. But I agree that it wouldn't surprise me to see us go for both.

18. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    My bad, I worded that wrong. I meant the nickel spot when we have 5-6 DB's on the field, but still a starter. I can't trust Goodman or Daniels on the outside, but the idea is that Florence/Reeves (or another combo) could get the job done.

19. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    No worries dude. I thought that's what you meant!

20. Dors156

Dors156 New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Hopefully we can make a deal for Chad so we dont have to think about F/A Wide recievers. I think the big F/A we lure into miami will be Hamlin IMO.

21. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Banned

Dec 17, 2007
    Harrisburg, PA
    the only thing worrisome about Florence is his tendency to get stupid personal fouls. Not for late hits or face masks, but just stupid things.

One instant that comes to mind is last year in the playoffs, the Chargers stop the Pats on 4th down and Florence gets up and head buts a Pats player giving NE a first and they would eventually score.