1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Fantasy XIII - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by mor911, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    by spamming death, you mean just casting it over and over?

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    You should be fine, though you're close to the point where you'll want to just go on with the story. Beating a few of the remaining missions will be very tough without a filled-out Crystarium, and you can't really get that until you beat the final boss and come back. The Growth Egg from beating Neochu will help tremendously with the grind, especially when you get to the room with 32,000 CP fights.

Exactly. Note that equipping a Belladonna Wand (or its upgrade, the Malboro Wand) will increase its success rate, as will applying debuffs to Zirnitra (Deprotect, Slow, etc) before you start casting Death. The odds are still relatively low, however, so your best chance is just to cast and cast some more. If you're aiming for a 5 star rating, you'll want to reset at about the 90-100 second mark.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  3. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    5 star? lol, man im not as far along as you think...i think. im on mission 53 because i took a ride on atomos. ive only done like 9 missions overall. it just jumped order. all my crystariums are lvl 4 still. (3 lvl 4 per persona) that thing does the feed stomp and im one and done

4. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    holy crap it worked!!!!!!! i hit the bastard twice(with death) on like my 100th fight attempt, and it dropped him !!!!

Des is my hero!!

5. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Just an FYI if you're going for trophies.

Congrats. :up:

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  6. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i sold a bunch of my items, accessories, components. i figured, im reaching the end of the game, lets trade them in and get some gil to upgrade the items i actually do use. so i maxed out everyones weapon to the 2nd of the 3 degrees. but like, 3 or 4 of the weapons have stagger lock! i didnt realize how thatd be a pain in the ***. i fought for like an hour where everyone had stagger lock. i was like "wtf is going on !!!" but its not soo bad, i just have to mix my teams up better now. but it seems like, if you upgraded with uranite, your weapon gets stagger lock.

7. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The level 1 weapons have Stagger Lock anyway, so it should be easy to keep track of. The real problem is the name Stagger Lock--it sounds beneficial. It's not.

8. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    Just started this last night. Only about 2 hours in

9. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    US sales figures are finally available. And I was right, the game easily broke 1 million.

10. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I just completed this game. Somewhere in the low 60 hour range.
    I was under the impression that you beat the final boss, and then can go back to Pulse or wherever and putz around. But it seems as though, after you beat the game, you get warped to that last save point and have to beat them again? Whats up with that? I thought beating the final boss would unlock some stuff, and make crystarium expansion worthwhile. So what's going on? Basically beating the last boss is the last act in the game, and after beating him, you get to beat him again? So I have to go back into previous sections of ch. 13 to grind?

11. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Turn around. You'll see a warp. Go into the warp. You'll be back at the beginning area of chapter 13. You can take one of the three warps there back to Gran Pulse. Note that this is contingent on you having created a clear game save at the end of the credits, and loading that clear game save thereafter to continue the game.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  12. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I enjoyed the game and the experience. I love the way they take an image from the very end of the game, and incorporate that into the main menu, under your nose all along. I don't think it was a unique thing from the series, but cool none the less. And thanks for your help along the way. We're even for helping you decide on that Mariner!:wink2:

13. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Hah. You're welcome. :lol: