Final Fantasy 15

629 replies

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 17, 2016, 07:41 AM

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/11/16/final-fantasy-xv-screenshots-iris-cor-guest-characters/

Some more new screen shots, including a few featuring guest party members Iris and Cor.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 19, 2016, 11:45 AM

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-15-day-one-patch-details-coming-on-m/1100-6445548/

Details about the Day One patch will come out this Monday, the 21st. They list them as "extra features" though, so it seems likely that the game will work without the patch on release. That's important to me, because I plan to play A LOT on Tuesday, and can't download the update until early Wed morning.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 21, 2016, 07:58 AM

http://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-xv-day-1-update-1-01-patch-notes-revealed-adds-new-items-cutscenes/

Final Fantasy XV will be officially out on November 29th but thanks to stores breaking their street date, the game is already out in the wild. We have already heard about the size of the day 1 patch, which is around 7.2 GB on PS4, but we still haven’t seen what has been added or fixed in the new patch. Thankfully, we can have an idea of the day 1 patch notes through the PS4 Update History, which lists the changes and additions to the new patch.

Here is what is included in the day 1 patch. Version 1.01

Various bug fixes New items and cutscenes Cutscene adjustments Deeper combat, driving and other game mechanics

Saved games must be updated to work with the current version of the game.

Current version saves will not work with the former version of the game

Read more at: http://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-xv-day-1-update-1-01-patch-notes-revealed-adds-new-items-cutscenes/

So, I'm calling shenanigans. The main reason that they gave for delaying the game from September was that they wanted to get it ready to play out of the box, and not have a huge Day 1 patch. 7.2G is the biggest Day 1 patch I've ever had for a game. Thats not cool. I'm also a little worried about the wording regarding saves. If I start a new game and play for a number of hours on Tuesday, and then update the game Wednesday, will I be able to continue where I left off with the patch improvements? Or will I have to start over?

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
Nov 21, 2016, 10:13 AM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

http://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-xv-day-1-update-1-01-patch-notes-revealed-adds-new-items-cutscenes/

So, I'm calling shenanigans. The main reason that they gave for delaying the game from September was that they wanted to get it ready to play out of the box, and not have a huge Day 1 patch. 7.2G is the biggest Day 1 patch I've ever had for a game. Thats not cool. I'm also a little worried about the wording regarding saves. If I start a new game and play for a number of hours on Tuesday, and then update the game Wednesday, will I be able to continue where I left off with the patch improvements? Or will I have to start over?

While I agree with the Shenanigans, I've seen some really shitty day 1 patches. I also, can't fault them for it. While I'm sure their goal was to prep to not have a huge day 1 patch, they probably fell behind (development is a bitch), Hence a huge Day 1 patch. I just really hope it's at least serviceable out of the box and the Day 1 is framerate luxuries, not necessities (I'm looking at you No Man's Sky).

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Nov 21, 2016, 11:49 AM

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Nov 21, 2016, 02:53 PM

I am ready. I do not care if the patch is 80 GB personally.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
Nov 21, 2016, 03:20 PM

"Stitches wrote:

I am ready. I do not care if the patch is 80 GB personally.

Same. I gots gigabit

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 21, 2016, 04:52 PM

Dude, I'd kill for mediocre DSL! But it is what it is.

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
Nov 21, 2016, 05:05 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

Dude, I'd kill for mediocre DSL! But it is what it is.

Where are you that you don't have this stuff?

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 21, 2016, 05:07 PM

"mor911 wrote:

Where are you that you don't have this stuff?

Rural central Virginia, about halfway between Charlottesville and Richmond. My wife and I are talking about building a new house next year though, so after 12 years in the wilderness, I might be back to modern life next year at some point, lol.

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
Nov 21, 2016, 05:09 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

Rural central Virginia, about halfway between Charlottesville and Richmond. My wife and I are talking about building a new house next year though, so after 12 years in the wilderness, I might be back to modern life next year at some point, lol.

Awesome man. We're in the middle of building right now (Austin Suburbs) - Sorry for derailing the conversation. Honestly it's TON of work and I'm not sure it's worth it lol. I guess I'll know when we move in next Feb.

Pic as of yesterday: https://goo.gl/photos/iHtxf6Vjyrd59xvw8

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
Nov 21, 2016, 05:19 PM

Imade this for my friends to annoy them. This is PSN while the PS4 is on (it downloads faster in rest mode). Steam is much faster.

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 22, 2016, 03:41 PM

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/22/everything-you-need-to-know-about-final-fantasy-xv/

Spoiler free list of what to expect in the game. Mostly things those of us here already know, but well put together.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 22, 2016, 03:45 PM

"mor911 wrote:

Imade this for my friends to annoy them. This is PSN while the PS4 is on (it downloads faster in rest mode). Steam is much faster.

If I get up in the middle of the night when I have a larger bandwith allowance (2am-8am, though they slow it way down after 7:30 or so), and I get lucky where my satellite modem and the PS4 like to talk to one another (they sometimes fight, though its much better than it was on the PS3), then I can sometimes download a gig in about half an hour. For the larger DLC content for The Witcher, it took me about 3-4 hours each day, over a period of 4-5 days.

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Nov 22, 2016, 04:50 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

If I get up in the middle of the night when I have a larger bandwith allowance (2am-8am, though they slow it way down after 7:30 or so), and I get lucky where my satellite modem and the PS4 like to talk to one another (they sometimes fight, though its much better than it was on the PS3), then I can sometimes download a gig in about half an hour. For the larger DLC content for The Witcher, it took me about 3-4 hours each day, over a period of 4-5 days.

My heart weeps for you.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 25, 2016, 11:02 PM

I finally got the opprotunity to watch Kingsglaive, and I really enjoyed it. Fantastic animation. Square/Sony have absolutely pushed the envelope with lifelike full CGI. And it was a terrific prologue for the game, setting the scene. I'm now going to be curious to see how many of the characters (beyond the obvious) you'll encounter in the game, and if we'll be able to travel to certain places seen in the film.

I also think that its cool that they modeled the characters of Crowe and Libertus on their voice actors, and did a great job.

Also was a terrific shout out for long time fans for the monster Ultros to show up.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Nov 26, 2016, 12:41 AM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

Also was a terrific shout out for long time fans for the monster Ultros to show up.

Pretty sure Ultros was revealed in the FFXV world creation portrait (bottom left), but it's nice to know he's actually back in something more than just a cameo role. I'll be watching Kingsglaive tomorrow, so this will be interesting.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 26, 2016, 06:37 PM

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/11/25/final-fantasy-xv-screenshots-phantom-swords-customization-familiar-monsters/

Another good batch of screen shots, featuring customization and a few familiar old school monsters. They've yet to show alternate looks for your party so far, as far as I know, and I'm curious to see how far they go with that, since most other RPGs let you go pretty deep these days.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Nov 27, 2016, 12:02 PM

FFXV file sizes: ~40 GB on PS4, ~52 GB on XB1.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 27, 2016, 12:59 PM

"Desides wrote:

FFXV file sizes: ~40 GB on PS4, ~52 GB on XB1.

I expected about as much, so I deleted The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 from my system a few weeks ago.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Nov 27, 2016, 02:27 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

I expected about as much, so I deleted The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 from my system a few weeks ago.

My PS4 Pro arrives Tuesday. I have a 250GB SSD ready to go, pending some amazing Cyber Monday deal.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 27, 2016, 03:02 PM

"Desides wrote:

My PS4 Pro arrives Tuesday. I have a 250GB SSD ready to go, pending some amazing Cyber Monday deal.

I'm honestly just too scared that I'll break my PS4 if I open it up and try to change the hard drive out. I only play a couple of games at a time, so I'm content to just delete things as I go.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Nov 27, 2016, 04:56 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

I'm honestly just too scared that I'll break my PS4 if I open it up and try to change the hard drive out. I only play a couple of games at a time, so I'm content to just delete things as I go.

How? You literally just slide out a tray and undo 4 screws.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Nov 27, 2016, 05:57 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

I'm honestly just too scared that I'll break my PS4 if I open it up and try to change the hard drive out. I only play a couple of games at a time, so I'm content to just delete things as I go.

I dumb as hell with computer hardware and this was soooo easy to do. Just look up a guide (they're everywhere) and follow it. You'll be fine.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Nov 28, 2016, 12:18 PM

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xv-the-kotaku-review-1789400066

A ginormous review by someone who's played the series for a long time and has a lot of love for it. Fair and deep, and it has me itching to get to the store tomorrow morning. I fully expect the game to have its warts, but I also expect that for the most part, it will play the way that I enjoy, and hopefully, square will fix some of the things via patches. Apparently, there's another 8 GB patch coming on the heels of the day one that we knew about.

For all of the love that it has deservedly gotten, The Witcher 3 was a glitchy game that was almost unplayable for some people at first before CD Projekt Red did an awesome job of both fixing it and being transparent about it. Hopefully, Square will do the same. They seem to have the best intentions and aren't just there for a money grab.