1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fin-O's Top 5's

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Apr 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Really starting to get into the draft evaluation a little heavier, my analysis is based on games watched and/or combine watched or just flat out "seeing" something in a player.

Top 5 QB's

1. Matthew Stafford- A gunslinger who can make all the throws, needs to eliminate mental errors. Comparison Jay Cutler.

2. Mark Sanchez- Well groomed for the next level but IMO does nothing spectacular. Comparison:Mark Brunell

3. Josh Freeman- Big guy with big arm can hurt you with his legs also. Comparison: Jemarcus Russell

4. Nate Davis- A guy with some good upside I think but a project nonetheless, nice arm and accuracy. Comparison: David Garrard

5. Rhett Bomar- Another guy who can wing it but questionable decision maker. Comparison: Kyle Boller

Top 5 RB's

1. Chris Wells- Big strong and fast, but injury concerns could cost him a top 15 pick. Comparison: Adrian Peterson

2. Knowshon Moreno- Can do it all run, block, catch...but can he carry a work load or just be a servicable #2 back? Comparison: Maurice Jones-Drew

3. Donald Brown- Great vision and deceptive football speed. Comparison: Matt Forte

4. Lesean Mccoy- Has the work ethic to be great and if he adds some power to his game could be a very nice RB. Comparison: A weaker Ronnie Brown

5. Shonn Greene- Showed he can carry the load at Iowa last year, loves to "finish off" his runs. Comparison: Michael Turner

Top 5 WR's

1. Michael Crabtree- A very complete WR who can snag the ball out of thin air, will work the middle. Comparison: Brandon Marshall

2. Darrius Heyward-Bey- The fastest man at the combine but also can go get a ball, raw but very talented. Comparison: Roddy White

3. Hakeem Nicks- Big strong and an ideal possesion WR, speed is in question but ball skills are not. Comparison: Dwayne Bowe

4. Jeremy Maclin- Im not as high on Maclin as everyone but he is talented and can make plays. Comparison: Steve Breaston

5. Kenny Britt- Has the "swagger" can go up and get a ball, hard time creating seperation. Comparison: Roy Williams

Top 5 OT's

1. Jason Smith- Move's very well, will be a top 3 pass blocker his first year IMO, still can add strength. Comparison: Walter Jones

2. Eugene Monroe- I have my concerns about his toughness doesnt seem to run block with the demenor needed to dominate. Comparison: Ryan Clady

3. Andre Smith- I he gets his mind right could be better than Jake Long and Joe Thomas put together but thats a big "if" Comparison: Could be in a league of his own

4. Michael Oher- Good tough player who has the mean streak to dominate defenders. Comparison: Jeff Otah

5. William Beatty- Needs to get stronger but keeps his QB clean. Comparison: Alex Barron

More to come later....Flame away!

Xeticus, cnc66, GISH and 4 others like this.
  2. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ

he's a guy that i have watched play and read about in the local papers, i think he is a gamer i would love to draft him in rd 2 but i see some mock's were he is being drafted late in the first.....

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Yea, I have seen alot of mocks with him going to the Giants. If he is there at 44 I would love to grab him.

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Anytime your best NFL comparison is Kyle Boller .... you may as well just hang it up now and hope your degree was actually worth someting ;)

Overall very nice though.

Big E and Fin-Omenal like this.
  5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    The Wells/Peterson comparison is a stretch, AP was a healthier play in college and was just more explosive.

I like the Nate Davis mention, he is a surprising athlete.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  6. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Healthier? The only reason he fell to #7 was health concerns. He missed an entire year with a broken collarbone and had several other nagging injuries as well.
    Coupled with his violent running style there was definate concern about his health coming out.
    Ive actually heard Wells compared to prime Jamaal Lewis without the tendency to go jail (all bets are off if the Bungals draft him).

Fin-Omenal and padre31 like this.
  7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    There were some he felt he was "high cut"? Wells had injuries pretty much every year at OSU, and then his senior year was a let down, AP's was actually pretty good.

8. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Everything Ive read about Andre Smith is that he would make a better guard than tackle. That doesn't seem to scream "better than Jake Long and Joe Thomas combined"

I like the player comparisons. It always helps me envision what these players are like since I haven't always seen them play.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  9. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

That's plan B, incase he doesnt cut down on the KFC trips. If this kid gets his head in hit he can drop a fair amount of body fat and replace it with mass.

That comparison had many factors that included dropping the jelly rolls.

10. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Not having Percy in the top 5 of the WR's just shows ur hate. That is crazy

11. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

I wretsled with Harvin Skeet, trust me it has nothing to do with hate. My reasoning was that to me he will be more of a "floater" in the NFL, I dont think he will be primarily a Wr. Meyer had it right the way he used Harvin.

To me he is more of an "athlete" than a WR.

And i have stated may times that I would NOT be upset if Miami drafted Harvin because Hennning could get the most out of his talents.

12. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Let down?? He had 1200 yards rushing in 9 games with a 5.8 YPC, all this with stacked boxes. Saftey's were not ecaxtly taking their first step back with Pryor's lack of passing skill.

He had runs of over 40 yards 5 times in 9 games, this guy is a tremendous talent. But the injury concerns ARE a legit concern.

13. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Heres my opinion on your opinion......

Shonn Greene should be 3rd or 4th

Nicks should be 2nd

Eben Britton should the 5th tackle. Screw Beatty!!!

Nice lists though, thanks. Always nice to see how others view this class.

14. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

1. I love the way Greene plays the game and I think I have him higher than most. His lack of breakaway speed is a concern of mine.

2. Nicks could be Michael Irvin or the Miami version of Marty Booker, plus getting fat before workouts raises an eyebrow on his intellegence.

3. I think Beatty does a few more things better than Britton, Beatty could habdle speed rushers much better than Britton IMO.

..thanks I hope a few guy's like yourself put one of these out, we all will never agree completely but thats the fun of it.

15. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    IMO McCoy doesnt belong above Greene because I dont think he will succeed as an NFL back. He is not physical enough. He nevers gets any yards after contact, and I think he dances too much to be a good pro.

16. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Wells was one of the front runners for the Heisman going into 09 Fin O.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  17. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    you want breakaway speed!!!!!!!

watch at 5:19

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrWZwH9VVJU"]YouTube - Shonn Greene Heisman Style Highlights (Future NFL STAR)[/ame]

18. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Yes and If he stays healthy he is in New York for sure....Wells tends to play his best vs the best opponents.

19. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
  20. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    follow the link and watch it from youtube then. 5:19

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  21. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    or you can just watch this....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIFqDVUX6XU&NR=1"]YouTube - Iowa Hawkeyes Shonn Greene 75 YARD TD vs Purdue 11-15-08[/ame]

22. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Even more comformation of my Micael Turner comparison. :up:

Im not saying he cant break a long run....Im sure I could find a video with Ron Dayne doing the same thing.

He is slow by no means, but more of a punisher.

GISH likes this.
  23. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    definitely a punisher. it takes a gang to tackle him.