1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fin-O's 3rd annual predict the top 10

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Some people just dont want to do a whole mock plain and simple, Im still working on mine but these have been entertaining in the past so what the hell. Also since a certain team picks #12 ive decided to make it a predict the top 12......

Here are links to the other 2.

http://forums.thephins.com/showthread.php?t=30832

Any inaccuracy of your predictions will result in constant harrasment and belittle you until the day you die.:up:

Rams- QB Sam Bradford- Im assuming Mcnaab will not end up there, and when was the last time this team had a young QB to be excited about?

Lions- DT Ndamukong Suh- I really like what the Lions are doing on defense, Sammie Lee-Hill had a heck of a rookie year and now they get to add one of the best prospects EVER to play beside him. I expect the Lions to back in contention in 2011.

Buccaneers- DT Gerald McCoy- Perfect fit for the system, overshadowed by Suh but dont shocked if he ends up being a better player.

Redskins- OT Russell Okung- Shannahan built an offensive line in Denver that was dominant and thats why they won two super bowls, I was thinking MAYBE a QB but I think Mike believes he can fix Campbell, who get this has had a different OC EVERY YEAR SINCE HE WAS A FRESHMAN @ AUBURN! Thats alot to ask of any player let alone a QB.

Chiefs- S Eric Berry- The Chiefs have a ton of holes and frankly im not sure a Saftey is where you start, but Berry has game changing talent and they do see Philip Rivers twice a year.

Seahawks- OT Bryan Bulaga- This is a team I cant see being good again for a long time, then your HOF LT retires....glad Im not a Seahawks fan.

Browns- DE/OLB Jason Pierre-Paul- Too high perhaps but the Browns pass rush has been a joke since they came back in 99, something needs to be done about that.

Raiders- OT Trent Williams- Yea I know that wouldnt be very "Al Davis" but at some point the old bag has to make a conventional move.

Bills - CB Joe Haden- The Bills need a LT after trading away the overatted Peters, but they also need a shutdown corner who can make a tackle...they hit nicely on Byrd last year and adding Haden would be nice.

Jacksonville- DE Derrick Morgan- This is a blessing for Morgan because Im not sold on him as a 3-4 OLB, so he gets to stay at home as a DE...You cant see Peyton Manning and Schaub twice a year with the joke of a pass rush Jacksonville has at the moment.

Denver- DT Dan Williams- They could go for a LB here inside or out, but they need a dominant force in the middle who can maybe make that average LB core good.

Dolphins- OLB Sergio Kindle- Just a little too high for Earl Thomas I think, its obvious our pass rush is in shambles right now, I really believe we may even pick another OLB if the right one is there at #43.

Im gonna post my Dolphins full mock here in the next hour, this is not what I want more than what I think will happen.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  2. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Are we allowed to ammend these between now and the draft?

3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Well sure why not.....you never know some team may trade up or for example if Mcnaab goes to St Louis that could send them Suh's way?

Conuficus likes this.
  4. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Roman is in da house with his picks:

1. Rams - Bradford
    2. Lions - Suh
    3. Bucs - McCoy
    4. Skins - Okung
    5. Chefs - E. Berry
    6. Seahawks - D. Morgan
    7. Browns - Haden
    8. Raiders - B. Campbell
    9. Bills - Baluga
    10. Jags - D. Bryant
    11. Broncos - McClain
    12. MIAMI - SERGIO KINDLE,,,,I have CJ Spiller as my darkhorse.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Yea, he probobly wont be able to help himself..:lol:

6. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Remember how Al Davis had to have Darrius Heyward-Bey a couple years ago early in the first round?...he could have had this WR in Round 2. They also took their kicker (Janikoswki) in Round 1 awhile back....good player but wouldn't he have been around in Round 2, 3, 4, or 5? :yes:

Al is demented. :lol:

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  7. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    1. Rams Bradford Rams have needed a young Qb for years
    2. Lions Russel Okung Jeff Backus..really?
    3. Buccaneers N Suh Good fit for their Tampa Two
    4. Redskins T Williams Shanny appreciates Left Tackles
    5. KC Chiefs Derrick Morgan anemic passrush
    6. Seattle Bryan Baluga Walter Jones retired
    7. Cleveland Eric Berry they started Mike Furrey at Safety for goodness sakes
    8. Raiders Gerald McCoy BPA
    9. Buffalo Jimmy Clausen New HC always wants "his" Qb.
    10. Jacksonville Dez Bryant They need more exlposiveness on offense
    11. Denver Broncos CJ Spiller McDaniels is a offensive guy
    12. Dolphins Sergio Kindle this one is painful, Jason Pierre Paul would fit here, but it would depend on how raw and how immature he is in Ireland's judgment, with Derrick Morgan off the board, and Brandon Graham not fitting the template and Earl Thomas a reach here, it comes down to Kindle or Hughes, and Kindle gained experience under Saban's ex Defensive Guru Will Muschamp.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  8. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

If Denver went Spiller the year after drafting Moreno I would be shocked...also I dont see McCoy falling to 8, but the beauty of it is ya never know.

padre31 likes this.
  9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    With Jax taking Bryant, and no one throwing money at B Marshal, the odd couple are probably going to stick together for another season.

And Spiller would fit into that weird, Josh McDaniels is slightly off centre thing, recall he gave up a #1 pick this year last yr.

As for McCoy..just thinking that the Lions have poured so much money into Johnson and Stafford that Jeff Backus is not the best security guard for them.

The other thing with McCoy is, only 4 of the first 8 teams are 4-3 teams, and most of them have other needs than DT, a 3-4 team will need to see him as a DE to draft him.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  10. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    1. Rams - Sam Bradford
    2. Lions - Gerald McCoy
    3. Bucs - Ndamukong Suh
    4. Redskins - Joe Haden
    5. Cheifs - Russell Okung
    6. Seahawks - Eric Berry
    7. Browns - Earl Thomas
    8. Raiders - Brian Bulaga
    9. Bills - Jimmy Clausen
    10. Jags - Kyle Wilson

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  11. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    If the Dolphins take Kindle, I will puke and then break something.

Conuficus, Paul 13 and unluckyluciano like this.
  12. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

It would make sense for Detroit to go LT ecspecially with the play of Hill last year, but I think one of the other teams would sprint to the podium to get their card in for McCoy.

13. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    :lol:

I dont think he's THAT bad bro!

14. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    B-U-S-T.
    I could be wrong, but it's a gut feeling.

Conuficus and Fin-Omenal like this.
  15. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Revised after the McNabb trade to Washington. I get the feeling someone is going to make a move on Clausen, but trades are almost impossible to predict. I mean, who the **** would have seen Philly giving a franchise QB to a hated rival for some popcorn?

*denotes original pick

*1. St. Louis (1-15) - Sam Bradford - Rams MUST draft a QB and Bradford appears to be the choice for now.
    *2. Detroit (2-14) - Russel Okung - As Padre said, Jeff Backus? Unless they want Stafford to get killed, they NEED to get him some grade A help asap.
    *3. Tampa Bay (3-13) - Ndamakong Suh - obvious pick.
    4. Washington (4-12) - Trent Williams - With QB secure for a few years, finding protection is a vital necessity.
    *5. Kansas City (4-12) - Bryan Bulaga - After investing a smaller nations GDP into Cassell they need to keep him upright and throwing. I thought about throwing Clausen here due to the Weis connection ... but man they really sunk a buttload of cash into Cassell.
    *6. Seattle (5-11) - Gerald McCoy - Fantastic value for Seattle. Even PC cant miss this one.
    7. Cleveland (5-11) - Jimmy Clausen - Holmgren has made some lukewarm Clausen comments. Possible sceen, possibly truth. But they need a QB badly. Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace are just insults to Cleveland fans.
    8. Oakland (5-11) - Joe Haden - This pick is maddening. I debated between Joe Haden, Berry, Taylor Mays and Bruce Campbell. In the end, I figured Haden would be a phenomenal complement to Asomougha. Campbell is a bit to raw for this spot, and Safety just isnt a big need.
    *9. Buffalo (6-10) - Dan Thomas - With the best of the LTs and both top QBs gone, the Bills satisfy the need for the NT to their new 3-4.
    *10. Jacksonville (7-9) - Earl Thomas - I almost went with DMorgan here. Even with Kampman they could still use insurance and someone on the opposite side. But their passing defense was terrible, and when you face Manning and Schaub you need better.
    *11. Denver - from Chicago^ (7-9) - Rolando McClain - Until Marshall is unloaded I wont give Denver Bryant. In the meantime, McClain makes a ton of sense as a running mate to DJ Williams.
    *12. Miami (7-9) - Dez Bryant - For the love of all thats holy, do NOT PASS ON DEZ IF HE FALLS!

padre31 likes this.
  16. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Oh sure, but which team?

If McCoy goes past the Lions the Raiders are the next 4-3 team with a clear need at DT.

TX has Seattle taking him, the problem with that is the "top" tackles will be off the board before they draft again in the midteens, if they wish to replace Walter Jones they do it at #6, or reach for a tackle in at #16 or take a longshot prospect like Vandeheer in the 3rd or Carrol's fmr player Brown.

17. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    No joke, I'm right there with you. :lol:

PSG likes this.
  18. bdhock

bdhock Old Bricklayer

Mar 12, 2010
    PA
    I am a little confused about Kindle. Maylock, Pro football weekly and draftscout .com all seem to think that he is amid first round talent. I have followed the draft for several years and all these sources seem to be at least decent. But our own Draft Guru Boomer and CK who I think are both very good and seem to watch a lot of film, do not seem to like him. I tend to prefer Boomer and Ck because they really zero in on what the Fins need. I just cannt see what is wrong with Kindle ,I know he is not a great run defender. Maybe someone can tell me what the main beef with a Kindle is. You could well be right I am just having a hard time figuring what is wrong with him. Thanks

19. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    this.

20. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    You've seen a lot of Kindle, haven't you? Didn't you say you lived in Texas?

21. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    yeah, but Im not a huge ut fan so I haven't watched him a lot.

alen1 likes this.
  22. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    ditto guys... ditto....I can think of about 28 other players I'd take before Kindle at 12. Namely Brandon Graham of course. When I see Kindle, I see a guy playing with his elbows, limited instincts and minimal aggression. Other than that, I'm sure he's fine. :lol: Give me Hughes too, at least he can rush the passer.

23. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Kindle is this drafts Vernon Gholston.

24. bdhock

bdhock Old Bricklayer

Mar 12, 2010
    PA
    Wow. Gholston has NO football instincts. 2 years ,0 sacks 0 forced fumbles. You would think by accident he could have gotten a sack or forced fumble.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  25. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Gholston has no brain. You'd think by now he'd figure out how to use his hands in some way.

26. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Kindle's football instincts aren't much better.

27. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    http://www.universaldraft.com/2010/01/13/2010-spotlight-olb-sergio-kindle-texas/

You don't have to read the article if you don't want to, just watch the video in comparison to other OLB's we have up. Kindle is not going to play SOLB under Nolan's scheme IMHO.

I just can't see that.

bdhock likes this.
  28. bdhock

bdhock Old Bricklayer

Mar 12, 2010
    PA
    Great article, I actually read it when it first came out. I reread it watching the video trying to see what Richard was pointing out in the video. I never played organized football so i dont know what to really look for but I could see what he was saying . The part where Lamar Huston DT looked better changing direction then Kindle really stuck me as a problem for a LB. My only problem with a OLB at 12 is Parcells has a size prototype and he learned it off of George Young old Gm for the giants. And Parcells passed it to Ireland I remember doing mocks in the early 1980s George Young loved DE and LBrs, but you could cross off everyone under 6-3. someone I think they might like is E Griffen but 12 is to high. I could be way off though, I was wrong last year I was totally shocked when they took V Davis even though they needed a CB.

Conuficus likes this.
  29. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Would be a very interesting start to the draft if Detroit went the LT route. I just see McCoy as to great a value to pass on for Seattle - both lines are huge areas of need. There may still be LTs available at 14 too. Slight reach possibly, but thats never stopped teams before. Anthony Davis, Charles Brown, Bruce Campbell could all be in that range. Hell, they can even check into Iupati or Pouncey. That team is in bad shape. Age and injuries caught them very hard. IMO they need to just draft BPA for a year or two to replace talent.

30. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I don't think so Tx, we are talking tens of millions here, they are not going to just throw money around, they essentially have the #1 pick in the draft so why go DT with even more tens of millions on CJ and Stafford?

How good would a DT have to be to be worth 35 million dollars guaranteed ontop of the 70 million or more they have in guaranteed money to CJ and Stafford?

I'll give Martin Mayhew some credit, he is very professional, and LT at #2 when there will not be a similar talent availble in the 30's makes more sense.

As for the seachickens, Pete Carrol is a newbie, that makes it harder to predict which way they will go, but Dan Williams makes more sense at #16 for the seachickens than ignoring LT at #6 does.

31. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    1. Bradford
    2. Suh
    3. McCoy
    4. Okung
    5. Berry
    6. Spiller
    7. Haden
    8. Bulaga
    9. T. Williams
    10. Bryant
    11. McClain
    12. Morgan

32. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Either my post was confusing or I misunderstood yours heh - I think the Lions go with Okung. Considering how much Stafford alone makes, they absolutely CANNOT afford to have him get hit as much as he did last year. The injury was a somewhat flukey play, but overall he took a pouding. Now that they play 6 games against Jared Allen, Clay Matthews (both of whom abused Backus like a rented mule) and now Peppers ... ugh.

Its the Seahawks that I think will be hard pressed to pass on a talent like McCoy at 6th overall. Considering their defense is in bad shape as well as the offense, they should be going BPA and I think that would be McCoy. I would say that they will not start Whitehurst this year so they may be able to affo rd taking a guy like Campbell at 14 andletting him develop for a year, or take a Spiller and add some explosiveness.

At least the front of the draft is starting to look pretty interesting considering how it had been seeming not that long ago. :up:

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  33. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    1 ST. LOUIS RAMS - QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma
    2 DETROIT LIONS - LT Russell Okung, Oklahoma State
    3 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS - DT Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska
    4 WASHINGTON REDSKINS - QB Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame
    5 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - FS Eric Berry, Tennessee
    6 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - DT Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma
    7 CLEVELAND BROWNS - CJ Spiller, Clemson
    8 OAKLAND RAIDERS - OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma
    9 BUFFALO BILLS - OT Brian Bulaga, Iowa
    10 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS - NT Dan Williams, Tennessee
    11 DENVER BRONCOS - ILB Rolando McClain, Alabama
    12 MIAMI DOLPHINS - OLB Jason Pierre-Paul, South Florida

1 - The Rams cannot afford to pass up another franchise QB. Bradford is their guy.

2 - The Lions need to protect their guy so Okung is the pick.

3 - Suh falls to the Bucs who could not be happier.

4 - The Redskins need a left tackle and a QB. They will have to settle for Clausen or Bulaga. Somebody could try and trade up for McCoy but I could not find a partner. Time runs out and the 'skins go with the QB.

5 - I suspect the Chiefs are happy with Brandon Albert at left tackle. Don't see how they pass up Eric Berry. However if they do he could fall all the way to the Dolphins.

6 - McCoy falls to the Seahawks and they are even happier than the Bucs.

7 - The Browns gain an identity and an ability to score points in one fell swoop.

8 - With the top two quarterbacks off the board Al Davis finally takes a much needed left tackle.

9 - The Bills finally find a replacement for Jason Peters.

10 - The Jags are converting to a 3-4 and they need a nose tackle. Plus the big man in the middle will help their pass rush.

11 - The Broncos need to keep improving that defense. McClain answers a lot of problems for them.

12 - The Dolphins go with BPA.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  34. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    FYI
    11. Broncos - Dez Bryant
    12. Dolphins - Derrick Morgan

35. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Taking an unproven player of limited intelligence over a stud at a true need position makes no sense to me. In other words, JPP over Dez Bryant is ludicrous.

36. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    One problem Big Red. Jason Pierre Paul isn't the best player available. Dez Bryant is.

37. Big Red

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Jason Pierre-Paul is a risk but so is Dez Bryant. If Parcells and Ireland draft Bryant I will not have a problem with it. They certainly have more access than me. However after that Pro Day and the drama associated with it I am guessing they will pass even if he is still on the board.

38. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    You said Best Player Available. Pierre Paul is not better than Dez Braynt. That's our point.

39. Big Red

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    If Dez Bryant is a diva, takes plays off, and cannot get separation because he is too slow then he is not better than Jason Pierre-Paul. At his Pro Day scouts were annoyed that Bryant did not finish drills. His best forty was 4.52 which is a little slow for a Top 15 receiver. What is more concerning is his short shuttle. It should have been around 4.08 but he ran it in 4.48. This excuse that he did not have his favorite cleats is ridiculous. Suspended last year. Injured at the Combine. Dez Bryant is not making a case for BPA.

40. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    The only thing JPP has on Dez Bryant is combine and Pro Day Numbers. Put in the tape, and compare both players. It isn't even close. Dez Bryant is clearly head and shoulders above JPP.

I'm loving this. Everyone swears Dez Bryant is a diva. It's only going to make the possibility of him dropping to us higher.

jim1 likes this.