1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fin-O Phin's Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I have had a hard time figuring out the direction of these team in general, we have created holes on offense and failed to fill the biggest hole of all, QB. And oddly Im kind of ok with that. You dont just get a guy to appease an unhappy fanbase or the media, you sign or draft a guy that you believe in. Let's be honest if Phibin thought Matt Flynn was THAT guy he would be wearing Aqua and Orange right now.

Now originally I was secretely hoping for a rebuilding year to the tune of about 3-13 (horrible fan I know) and getting a guy who I think will win SB's and that's Matt Barkley. But after seeing our schedule I'm dismissing any chance of getting him outside of a trade up.

Let me also say that I believe Philbin can bring a scheme to Miami that could get the most out of all of our skill players and even Matt Moore (for this year anyway).

#8---- LB Luke Kuechly

I think this kid is going to play MLB at a very high level for a very long time, while I feel it may be a bit of a reach he is a great prospect who brings ability and consistency to a key position. He has the athleticism to stay with the Gronkowski's and Kellers, and can be a playmaker in the middle. Too early or not the more I see him play the more I would be happy to have a mainstay at MLB the next 12-15 years.

#42---- DE Vinny Curry

Another high character guy with great ability. Like Cam Wake gives 110% on every snap, can come in and play 3 downs as a 4-3 DE becuase he flat out gets after it against the run as well as the pass. One cant be sure the type of scheme the Phins will play as far as the 4-3, I feel Odrick could move outside depending on the make up of the defense. But as a traditional 4-3 DE? Big fan of Vinny Curry.

#72----WR Brian Quick

By now our offensive minded coach will have went nuts but as an old coach once said..."Make haste slowly" 6'4 220 with good football speed and a huge red zone threat wich is something Miami has lacked for a long time. I think he can be Philbin's version of Greg Jennings at some point not as fast but more physical.

#73----TE Ladaruis Green

Now Philbin has his "fix" two potentially dynamic pass catching threats with back to back picks. Now Joe get's his "Finley" in Miami with Green. I have been high on his pass catching ability from the first video I watched of him, and one thing that isnt factored in is the poor QB play the Rajun Cajun had to work through.

#103----OT Mitchell Schwartz

Played both right and left tackle in college, Schwartz could come in and compete for and fill a huge void left by All World RT Marc Colombo who SADLY retired today.

#145----CB Leonard Johnson

Physical and a good tackler, played pretty well on Justin Blackmon in the upset over Ok St also doubles as a KR.

#196----OT Andrew Datko

His health issues could have him dropping this far, but he was a beast at LT for the Seminoles when healthy. If his shoulder checks out ok could be one of the bigger steals of the draft.

#213----QB Austin Davis

He is already a good decision maker so that is a huge start as far as developing, nice project for Philbin here in the last round.

6 days away Im pupmped.

2. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    I am super excited as well...

Anyways, as much as I like him, I just don't see us picking Kuechly unless we unload Dansby for a high draft pick. That would just create to much money at the LB position. In the end, I just think we have to many needs that can be addressed easily with that pick, to pick at LB. I really like the rest of your mock.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  3. Jcouch1021

Jcouch1021 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Jersey
    I wouldn't mind dansby, Luke, misi

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I like it. Keuchly can play inside and out. Same for Dansby.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  5. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Yeah I'm really warming up to Keuchly at 8.

Fin-Omenal likes this.