1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fill me in please!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SCall13, Dec 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Yup. It's all Ricky's fault.

2. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    OMG, you're unbelievable. I said in my post that the game wasn't soley Ricky's fault.

You said he didn't have a fumbling problem. I backed it up and showed you the stats that proved to you he did. I then reminded you after today's game that after another crucial fumble he still has and always has had fumbling issues.

Just acknowledge that you were wrong in saying that Ricky doesn't have fumbling issues. Today's very crucial fumble just further further confirmed the issue.

3. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Yes it was a very crucial fumble. I guess you're right.

4. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Ricky has always had issues putting the ball on the ground. The fumble was critical but I was also critical at the time of the call of going to the Wildcat. I don't like Ricky running the wildcat at all.

Eop05 likes this.
  5. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    pause the thread title.

6. Eop05

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    I agree. Ricky Williams out of the Wildcat doesn't make sense. At that point the play is so 1-dimensional. And especially after we had been moving the ball effectively on that drive. We're so much better off just having Henne hand off the ball to him. At least the defense has to prepare for a pass and not just a run between the tackles.

Henning tries way too hard to get cute that it has bitten us in the *** so many times the past 4 weeks.

7. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    I agree the wildcat is different without Ronnie. But we took a two week break and used a variation of it to get a crucial 2 pt play. The handoff too Ricky was nothing new but it worked. The more we go outside with the ball, it will ope up the pass. Its what we wanted early in the yr.

Is it right not sure , but the wildcat is evolving!

8. Eop05

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Well said. but he key IMO, and as you said, is Ricky coming across.

At the very least with Pat White back there, you have the dual threat of either him running the draw up the middle or Ricky taking it coming across.

Ricky taking the snap is soooo 1-dimensional. It makes the defens's job extremely easy. It's a run up the gut 100% of the time (or an extremely weak and stupid attempt to make a pass that will most likely get picked off i.e. buffalo game). A much better alternative is just having Henne take the snap and hand it off to Ricky.

9. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Even if they do know it's a run up the gut, they have to deal with Mr. Polite and co.

10. Eop05

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    When Henne does a conventional handoff to Ricky with Polite in the backfield, they also have to deal with Mr. Polite and co.

The only difference is that when Henne hands the ball off, the safeties and linebackers can't all cheat in and assume that this will be a run between the tackles 100% of the time.