1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Felt like karmic payback for Marino era

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    You can waste all your time focusing on mistakes, but if you want to blame somebody, blame Manning. And, oh yeah, I've seen that act before.
    Thought we played really well and showed a lot of promise, we have nothing to be ashamed of...Wild game from the start, really enjoyable to watch, thought Manning scored almost too quickly at the end...Here's where the mind f**k enters the equation. That was by far the weakest display of a 2(3?) minute offense, it truly skews my vision of them as proffesionals when you play prevent offense. It seriously, makes me think that they're sandbagging games to take part in the QB lottery in next years draft (because that's what I would do).
    No shotgun (really?)
    lollygagging to the next play(seriously?)
    play-action (WTF!)
    Timeout (weak...)

2. Joe Robbie

Joe Robbie The Patriarch

Dec 24, 2008
    Miami Gardens
    Payback for the Marino era? I don't remember winning anything in those days, either...

Trowa likes this.
  3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I loved how we ran PA passes in the final 2 minutes of the game when everyone knew we were passing it. I mean we had that run game dominating all through out the game and we run more PA passes in the final 2 minutes than we did in 3 quarters of play?

Team is so frustrating.

4. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    While I give all the credit in the world to Peyton Manning, I can't say he absolutely killed us tonight. They gave us the ball back with 3:13 to score. We teamed up with Indy's defense to fight against the clock ourselves. You can't do that and expect to win in this football league. You can't diminish your opportunities and make it harder for your team. You can't beat yourselves. I thought the coaching staff definitely did this tonight. They put our offense in a really bad position with horrendous clock management. We're more dink and dunk than anything. We don't quite have the vertical game to be a big play offense. We need time to score. Indianapolis gave it to us. We declined the generous offer. For whatever reason, I don't know. It's September. Not December. WTF.

5. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Everyone talks about how bad the play calling was during the last three minutes, but had we scored with a minute left on the clock we all know Manning would have marched his team down the field to beat our crappy defenders....so by mismanaging the clock we actually gave ourselves a chance to win. Ginn should have made the catch in the end zone with 50 seconds....you know Randy Moss would come down with the ball 99.9 % of the time.....that's what seperates the great receivers from the wanna-be's and that's a big reason why we are are now 0-2 and having to fly cross country to play San Diego next week.......it's not going to get any easier.

6. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Its clear this game showed that Ginn is not a number 1 and no where close to becoming that but he is the only Receiver that stepped up. I hope this is his worst game of his career and his best days are ahead of him.

7. High Definition

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    No that's what separates a 6'4 receiver with a 45+ inch vertical leap from the rest. I've seen Randy Moss drop far easier balls in crucial situations. I saw Ted Ginn catch and convert seven third / fourth down plays in this same game. Again, I was at the game and Ginn had his man beat from the start of the play. Pennington took FOREVER to "sail" the football up there. Like I've been saying, it's a catch that should have been made, but it was made difficult for no reason and could have been prevented by a simple touch pass over the top.

Linus likes this.
  8. High Definition

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    This game showed that Ginn struggles to go up and win a physical battle in a jumpball situation. I don't think that makes or breaks a #1 receiver. Does Marvin Harrison in his prime even get up there to touch that ball in that situation? I don't know. I can't downgrade an all around MONEY performance for not making one tough catch on an under thrown football.

NOTE: I'm not calling Ginn a #1 receiver. He's not there yet and I don't know if he'll ever be, but he's making strides.

9. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    It looked like the defensive back slapped Ginn's hand right before the ball got there....I don't think it was enough to call pass interference, but I don't think Ginn was able to get both of his hands clearly on the ball.....you're right that Moss is much taller and a better leaper then Ginn. That is why we need a #1 WR like a Randy Moss or Andre Johnson. Maybe Turner can be used that way occasionally. It's just a shame we played so well and then couldn't finish them off. I am going to be sick about this game for a good while. I just know we lost our first two last year and then got on a roll. Maybe the Jets will cool off and the Pats can get their butts handed to them? :lol:

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  10. High Definition

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Yeah. I've been noticing that on the highlights. The DB definitely got an arm around the waist and a hand pulling down on Ginn's arms before the ball was in the air. Honestly, though, if I'm a ref I let that one play out on the go but I wouldn't be mad at a call. It definitely had an effect on Ginn's ability to lock up the ball.