1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feb. 22 K. Britt to be on NFLN from the combine.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Sceeto, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/Kenny-Britt?id=71217

I believe they will be showing him from the combine that day. He's who I want with our 2a pick. He's that big, tall, strong, go-up-and-get-it type of receiver, whom would be a perfect compliment to Camarillo and Bess. I really hope he's there for our 2a. I want to get a good pass-rusher with our 1st. That way it would really improve us on both sides of the ball with just the 1st two picks. IMO.

PSG likes this.
  2. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Would definitely fill that tall WR void on our team if he pans out. But if he runs a good 40 time, could be a longshot for the 2nd round.

3. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I'd love Britt with our early 2nd rounder.
    That's why I am hoping he runs a 5 second 40. Because if he has a good 40 time, he might not get out of the 1st round. And I would crap my pants in disbelief if this regime draft a WR in the first round.
    Unless of course 24 other GM's all have one giant collective brain fart and Crabtree falls to #25.

Sceeto likes this.
  4. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Yeah. I agree. I think he's probably a long shot even as it stands now and if he runs a good 40 like you said, then it will probably be impossible, especially now, seeing the success and dominance on the field with the bigger guys like Fitz, Boldin, A. Johnson, etc. Our 2a pick is somewhat of a high pick at 12, I believe it is, so maybe there's a slim chance if the 40 isn't great and if some of these rumors regarding his attitude start spreading. I hope.

5. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    A lot of guys around here seem pretty high on him. Is he a game breaker? Or is he just a big guy with hands in the Limas Sweed mold.

6. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    He definitely seems like a play-maker who can get open and yards after the catch, definitely more so than Sweed. Rarely drops passes.

7. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I want us to take Alex Mack with our 25th pick, then with our 2A pick either Hakeem Nicks, Britt or Heyward-Bey. We need to get a tall receiver with hands and speed. Then go with a d-back lile (Victor Harris?) or the best one left on the board. Then we go with an ILB in the 3rd (Scott McKillop of Pitt or Jason Phillips of TCU).

8. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    23 reps in the bench press for Britt, 2nd most for WR's.

Sceeto likes this.
  9. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    While his hands are really good. I really am not high on Kenny Britt. His route running is average in my opinion, but my biggest concern is his playmaking ability after the catch. It seems like he goes down pretty shortly after making a catch and does not have that extra gear/wiggle to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. When I watched highlight films of he, he played well but never Jumped out at you like Hakeem Nicks.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a98USWn8dG0"]YouTube - WR Kenny Britt Highlights Rutgers 2008[/ame]

10. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    But the main difference between him and Nicks is height and size. You can't teach or grow that. It's easier to push something tall than something shorter so it would seem he gets taken down (though not as much as you suggest). Doesn't really need any more route running refinement than the next WR. He can be a great route runner and I've seen that. Just needs a little more consistency in that department play by play (maybe a decent QB too). I like Nicks too but it's sort of like comparing Fitzgerald (Britt, who actually tied Fitz's old mark of 14 career 100-yard receiving games) vs. Boldin (Nicks).

Stitches likes this.
  11. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Never trust anyone from Rutgers Football. Never.

12. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    College Stats don't really translate to the NFL. If that was the case why wasn't Peter Warrick one of the best NFL WRs? What about Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, etc?

I can say without a doubt in my mind Nicks will be a lot better Pro than Britt. While you can't teach size, I think along with speed size is one of the most over-emphasized traits... Now the current FO is about "filling roles" so I could see them looking for a bigger End-zone threat; but if thats the case I think we wait until the 3rd or 4th round and grab the 6'6 Ramses Bernard.

13. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Ah, but save for a quick trivia fact mention as a side-note, I did not once note Britt's stats in my consideration. I compared style of play on the field. Britt is an above-avg route runner, has good hands, decent speed, and excellent size. IMO, he's almost the perfect WR for Karl Dorrell to mold. Dorrell has a strong affinity for tall WR's going back to Ed McCaffrey and a majority of WR's 6'2 and up he heavily recruited at UCLA.

It's ridiculous to say so and so prospect will be a better pro than so and so at this point even for the best scouts. Otherwise, you wouldn't have the Marques Colstons of the league. Sure, it's not all about size, but all other things considered equal, size kills.

As far as Barden, he's got much more kinks to iron out than most WR's. Fatigue, play by play consistency, intensity level, route running (Cal Poly runs a very watered down playbook and route complexity, akin to the overall level of student intelligence some would say but I'll leave it at that :wink2: ) are just some of them which can be surprising given his work ethic.

14. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey

Than you have not watched him very much, he does not go down easy, he is a bull. He is the first to admit he needs work on his route running.

Regan21286 likes this.
  15. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey