1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favre to Minnesota After All?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by alen1, Aug 22, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Everybody knows that Favre wanted to play for Minnesota. Well, his wish may come true after this year. PFT is reporting that Favre could end up going to the team he wanted to in the first place, just after this year. This is a really interesting story. Florio states that the Jets have indeed told Favre that they will let him walk next year if he wants to. What makes this interesting is that the Jets have taken away all the bonus money that he can receive for showing up to team events off-the-field. They have told im that he can retire at anytime and he doesn't have to pay the team back.

I don't know why the Jets would let him walk if he wanted to. Only thing I can think of is that they may have some confidence in Brett Ratliff who has been impressive or Kellen Clemens who recently got back the no. 2 QB spot.

Lol, is this move deemed to fail?

2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Yeah heard that the other day. Frankly, the Vikes would be far better off without him at this point, especially next year. I hope favre hangs it up next year, after sucking it up bigtime for the jets ofc. Sad to see someone so loved turn into such an arrogant self serving prick.
    It tells me something when former Green Bay teammates say they are glad hes gone and are eager to play with Rogers. Apparently Favre even had his own seperate lockeroom.

azfinfanmang and alen1 like this.
  3. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

hmm, familiar story..