1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

favorite prospect in your MLB teams system

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by bran, Mar 27, 2008.

1. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    just curious about who some of your favorite prospects are in the minors
    being a yankee fan i like

delin betances-RHP this guy throws hard with a nasty curve ball, scouts have said he looks like a healthy version of mark prior
    jesus montero- C this kid could be something special he has potential 40+ hr power likely will move to 1b due to his size

jose tabata- OF- debates have been varied on how much power he will have we will soon find out but he is a very good hitter with quick wrists some have compared him to a young manny ramirez or a young gary sheffield

those are my 3 how about your teams?

2. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    For the Angels it's Brandon Wood and Nick Adenhart. Evan Longoria for the D-rays is my favorite prospect not on the Angels though because he went to my school and I'm looking forward to seeing him in the pros.

3. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Reds

Homer Bailey(just got sent back down)
    Joey Votto (great potential,should start to play on a regular basis at 1st)

I'm a Reds fan,that's about all they have.:lol:

4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Cameron Maybin. When we traded Cabrera and Willis, I said, "Who's THIS guy?" But man, can he play.

I hope Hanley and Maybin are both on the roster when the new stadium opens in 2011.

5. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Clayton Kershaw, LHP, LAD
    Andy LaRoche, 3B, LAD

Those two will probably finalize the youth influx for the Dodgers (Russell Martin, James Loney, Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier, Jon Broxton and Chad Billingsley already in the bigs).

Clayton Kershaw has a devastating curve and may end up being put on the roster this year despite being super young. He will be one to watch.

6. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Well for the mets The King is about all they have left after the Johan deal. For those not familiar with Fernando Martinez, just know he could carry this years Orioles to the World Series title swinging the bat with 1 hand tied behind his back and still able to fire rockets from RF to 3rd. The King will rewrite the record books....and hes coming to a stadium near you. Hes still a baby at 20 years old but he was starting to wreck AA before a wrist injury derailed his season. He looked great in Spring Training.

Good thing they have 5 picks early in this upcoming draft thanks to the braves stupidity for signing Tom Glavine giving them 2 early compensatory picks.

finswin56 likes this.
  7. Finrunner

Finrunner Season Ticket Holder

Dec 11, 2007
    Not so fast, my friend! :wink2:

First, Votto's probably going to start for the Reds Opening Day. He's making the club, imo.

Bailey just got sent back down, so yes, he's a big-time prospect.

But the biggest prospect of all - and I mention this in The Cincinnati Red thread I posted just yesterday - AND YOU'RE WELCOME TO POST ON!!! (come in, the water is warm) - is:

Jay Bruce! (named both Baseball America's and TSN's Minor League Player of the Year last year)

He's probably a Top 3, maybe Top 1, prospect in all of baseball!!! Stud!:yes:

Also, I think Johnny Cueto's making the big league squad, but if he gets sent down, he's a huge prospect as well.

Got my fingers crossed for:

Drew Stubbs - as a CF, he's major league talent today, but his at-bats need work
    Danny Dorn - hurray for the underdog!
    Juan Duran - he's only 16, and we just picked him up out of Santo Domingo; it's gonna take some time but kid has huge raw talent (gave him a $2.0M contract, at 16!!!)

Here in Huntsville, when the Chattanooga Lookouts come to town (to play the Huntsville Stars), I usually try to make a game or two. Got to see both Bailey and Votto two years ago. Votto was cool. It's neat to see those guys hit the major league level, because, let's face it, most prospects don't.

54Fins likes this.
  8. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    jay bruce has amazing talent

as for the person that mentioned maybin, that kid will be a stud even though my team is the yankees i live in florida, so when the yanks are not on tv i usually watch marlin games and he is a great pickup i watched him hit his first homerun last year against the yankees at yankee stadium off of roger clemens he just flicked the bat i thought it was going to be a fly out and the ball hit the base of the black seats

when i saw the marlins get him i n the long run this will be a huge deal for the marlins especailly if they keep hanley who IMO is a lot better than jose reyes

9. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    jeff clement
    wladimir balentien

and adam jones on the orioles

10. Biggtyme13

Biggtyme13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Im a huge Yankee fan and other than the ones named in the first post let me throw some more out

Austin Jackson- Showed tons of talent last year and in winter ball speed and power combo who could rise fast thru the yankee organization.

Andrew Brackman- 6'10" 97 mile heater solid breaking stuff. He got Tommy John but is a blue chip talent

11. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire

i really like both of those also being a fellow yankee fan i see a- jax as the future CF for the yanks, i can see melky being traded maybe for a reliever or maybe move him to one of the corner spots

brackman i remember watching the draft last year and they said if the draft was held a couple months earlier brackman would have been one of the first 2 picks, the yankees have done this the last couple of years they draft high ceiling guys that are banged up
    joba when he was drafted had shoulder injuries, and people said the yanks were taking a huge risk in drafting joba i guess that turned out fine

the yanks knew brackman basically needed TJ surgery but they knew the talent and this guy has load of talent i just hope that he pans out like joba has so far(knock on wood) the yankees farm system is stacked with pitchers they now need to add some bats to go with jackson,tabata,montero,miranda etc