1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fantasy football website

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by RickyNeverInhaled, Aug 2, 2009.

1. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i use to know about a website that you can put all your league rules/points ect.. and the website will tell you the order of importance when it comes to drafting players.

does anyone know about this site, and if so, can you please post a link?

2. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    hmm no. but I want to know this site as well. Would be very helpful. I mean, you can tell what is more important, but it would be nice to know exactly.

3. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
  4. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Someone in one of my leagues uses one of these. I think the site he uses is called DraftShark.com or something like that. But you have to pay to get access to that tool. If there's a site that does this for free I'd love to hear about it.

5. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Well, I go to fantasyfootballstarters.com

Went there last year for the first time. Really liked it. It is free for the most part, and by using their system and typing in your scoring system, it will give you a tier'd drafting strategy as well as others. It will also tell you who to play on a week to week basis, and updates 24/7 throughout the year. I was impressed with the results last year. I am ILWakeAir over there.

6. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    yep FF toolbox works pretty well for the low, low price of FREE! and i used to subscribe to Draftsharks as well. i am now subscribing to Footballguys.com for the first time. my brother used them last year.

both DS and FBG use value based drafting (VBD), which allows you to compare position players, apples to apples, and better understand when it is a better value to draft a WR over a RB, or a QB over a RB, etc.

DS has a free article explaining the concept, and once you read it, with a little math and Excel, you can duplicate it yourself or pay those guys for access to theirs to save yourself alot of time. which is what i did before this year, because i play in two leagues that field 11 IDP's per week, plus another two "for fun" with team Defenses.

here is a link; http://www.draftsharks.com/articles/Create_Your_Own_Customized_Fantasy_Football_Cheat_Sheet.aspx

if you are using a pay site, Footballguys.com is the most comprehensive by far, IMHO. both they and DS are under 30 bucks for the full season of content, but FBG's tools are better.

they give you a pretty awesome downloadable, updatable program called the "draft dominator." i cannot believe all that the program is capable of.

this is my first season using it, and it even suggests which players you should add next, basing it on your teams need to fill out starters, and bye week conflicts.

if you dont believe how in depth they are, go check out their team depth charts, which are free, and are updated, every day. they have color codes for position battles. i have not drafted without it for several years now.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/depthchart.php