1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by The Rev, Sep 8, 2009.

1. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I have both Matthews and Sharpe, but Tennessee is not a passing offense. I expect that at some point I may get rid of one if not both. Fuller is explosive, but prone to drops. I expect he'll have huge games and games where he disappears.

2. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    Drafted last night, what do you guys think?

12 team - 0.5 PPR - 6 Pts TD for QB - No flex - 7th Overall Pick

QB: Russell Wilson
    WR: Keenan Allen. Larry Fitzgerald. DeSean Jackson. Devin Funchess. Torrey Smith. Tajae Sharpe.
    RB: Adrian Peterson. Matt Forte. Gio Bernard. Theo Riddick. Jay Ajayi.
    TE: Coby Fleener.
    K: Mason Crosby
    TD: Pittsburgh

I think my 3rd receiver is kinda weak because I went with a QB earlier than expected because Wilson fell to me. Ecstatic I got AP and I'm higher than most on Forte this season so we'll see.

3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I like your QB and rb. Te and wr are very weak. I'm not a Fleener fan even with Brees there and his work ethic has already been called in to question when he was listed 4th on the Te depth chart at various points in camp. Wr 2 is a problem IMO. Fitzgerald is going to regress at some point, he's on the wrong side of 30 with Floyd and John Brown both looking at increased targets. I've been bullish on Floyd for a while but it's hard to ignore the way he finished last year (over 100 yards in 5 of the final 8 games). Jackson is always a health concern and the rest...blah. Do you start 2 or 3 wr? I might monitor sterling shepherd (my pick for OROY), DGB, Tyrell Williams and a few others I could recommend. Funchess is a nice lottery ticket. I might try and deal fitzand see if someone likes him as much or more and is willing to compensate you...a good target could be Demaryius Thomas since he has a weaker perceived QB situation...Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson (you'd probably have to add something), or Randall Cobb who is finally healthy could all be nice targets.

Killer Bees likes this.
  4. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    My friend had her first fantasy team this year... I wanna know how bad my advice was for her since I gave her my draft rankings that I used this year. :lol:

12 team. QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, DEF. Standard scoring, non PPR.

QB: R.Wilson, J.Winston
    RB: L.Bell, L.Blount, D.Williams, J.Ajayi, C.Michael
    WR: D.Bryant, S.Watkins, G.Tate, M.Jones
    TE: Z.Ertz, M.Bennett
    K: D.Bailey
    DEF: Minnesota

5. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    actually if she can get through the first few weeks, after getting Bell back from suspension she could challenge for a playoff spot. it's actually not a half bad team. It looks like Michael will get the start week one according to Rotoworld.

GridIronKing34 likes this.
  6. Killer Bees

Aug 14, 2011
    I agree about Fleener, I really didn't want him and was targeting Ertz. But he fell very far in my draft so I felt like I had to take the risk with the value, hoping he can put it together with Brees. Hmm maybe I will try and make a trade, I know Shepard is a starter on the guys team who has him. Really hoping I strike gold with sharpe.

7. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I really love Keenan Allen, but I think fitzy will be the 3rd fantasy WR on the cards this year. Kelvin Benjamin is on a snap count in the first few weeks so hopefully funchess comes through for you while we see what sharpe does.

Killer Bees likes this.
  8. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    10 team .4 ppr/.5 per completion 3 wr 1 flex spot

QB Brees (Dalton)
    RB Lacy and Duke Johnson are my starters with Ryan Mathews, Rashad Jennings and just added Marshawn Lynch yesterday upon getting wind of a possible return
    WR Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Randall Cobb (Crabtree and Stefon Diggs)
    TE Antonio Gates (Jimmy Graham)
    K Dan Bailey
    D Pitt

Week 1 question:
    You starting Rashad Jennings (finished the last month of last year as the #5 ranked fantasy rb that month) vs Dallas or Ryan Matthews vs Cleveland? I planned on starting Duke and Lacy at RB so thags really for a flex spot....

9. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I'd start Matthews vs Cleveland. Jennings is likely to be in more of a time share, and I imagine that Philly is going to run the ball a lot with a rookie QB making his first start.

10. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't think that Jennings is in a timeshare. With Andre Williams gone I don't know who he'd time share with.

You have two bad run defenses (Dallas and Cleveland) and two backs who should get the touches so you're probably okay either way. Philly has a better OL so he's probably the smarter call, but like I said you're probably fine either way.

Boik14 likes this.
  11. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I don't follow the Giants very closely, but all of the preview magazines seemed to indicate that he was being phased out in favor of rookie Paul Perkins.

12. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Perkins is 5th on their depth chart after Vereen Darkwa and Rainey. He did not have a strong preseason. Long term i still like him but short term theres not a lot there.

Another thing regarding Jennings...hes probably availavle cheap in a lot of leagues because of the fact a lot of people got burnt by him last year. This year...no Andre Williams to poach red zone touches. And the NYG will score points, probably a lot of them. I got him in round 7 in a league thats majority Jets and Giants fans who saw his struggles last year but forgot how strong he finished.

13. JDelenne

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I'm literally in the same situation. Whether to start Jennings, duke Johnson, and Christine Michael

14. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    IMO Michael is a must start. I hate to be down on our club but I think our talent on defense is not where it needs to be even if Seattle doesn't have a great OL.

15. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I'm starting Wilson instead of Tannehill this week, and it sucks, but I figure hey, if I lose my fantasy game because the Fins D plays awesome, then I'm cool with it.

JDelenne likes this.
  16. JDelenne

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I agree, I have C.Michael as a starter and then trying to decide between Duke and Jennings.

Our Rush defense has been so bad the last few years any opposing RB is basically a Must start.

Though in another league (non-ppr) I'm trying to decide between C.Michael and DeAngelo Williams. leaning towards Williams.

17. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I have Michael on my team but I'm not playing him. While I like him going forward there are several red flags against him this week. You have their late injury to their starting G against what could be a pretty good DT rotation. And the wide-9 that Miami is running is specifically designed to stop the zone run that Seattle uses almost exclusively. A few years ago Detroit played a very similar defense (with Suh) against them. The run stats looked decent b/c Lynch had 77 yard TD run, but watching the game you saw that their run game was mostly stuffed. The rest of the game Lynch had 11 carries for 28 yards. The rest of the team rushed 7 times for 28 yards. This was one of those few games that year where they tried to turn to the pass since the run wasn't working. And watching this preseason, Miami's run D when the starters were in was either horrid or great. The one time they looked great was when we played against Atlanta who uses a similar run offense that Seattle uses. I'm not playing Michael this week.

18. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    In my WR slot this week I have four guys available and any of them could have a great game. My choices are Amari Cooper @ NO, Jarvis Landry @ Seattle, Allen Robinson vs. GB and Marvin Jones Jr. @ Ind. I'm least inclined to play Landry b/c I see him as least likely to score a TD, I don't trust our OL and Gase has indicated a desire to make our offense more "multiple". Of the remainder, I could see Cooper or Jones getting the most targets (I'm in a PPR league), but Robinson is most likely to score and have the big play. NO was the worst passing D in the league last year. The Detroit/Indy game may end up a shootout. I have Cooper starting as of now, but I'm tempted to make the risky play with Jones. Any thoughts?

19. JDelenne

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I would be inclined to start cooper or Landry in ppr. Though Gase is trying to spread the ball around more, tannehill still trusts Landry the most. He'll lead the team in targets.

rafael likes this.
  20. Killer Bees

Aug 14, 2011
    I agree, don't let your heart cloud your brain lol. Wilson is an elite fantasy player now.

21. JDelenne

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    15 minutes until kickoff, good luck to everyone today!

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  22. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I imagine someone at ESPN is in big trouble today. Their fantasy football system has been down for a while.

23. JDelenne

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    yeap, i've been keeping track on paper points for my money league.

24. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    My scoring system is much, much too complicated for that, lol. :lol:

JDelenne likes this.
  25. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    That's what you get for using ESPN for FF instead of yahoo or NFL.com. :tongue:

26. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I've tried NFL and Yahoo, but just like how ESPN works (most of the time) and looks, plus all of the detailed options available.

27. JDelenne

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    yeah i much prefer espn compared to yahoo and nfl or any other really.

28. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Ugh, you're entitled to your opinion, but IMO I've seen websites in graphic arts classes that are more aesthetically pleasing

29. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    *Shrug* Its easier to read, which is important for me. Bigger fonts, and light on dark.

Boik14 likes this.
  30. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    1-0 in both of my leagues. But now I have to decide whether to start a beat up Russell Wilson, Tannehill or David Carr in my league. I hate playing QB roulette, but sometimes its for the best. Got to my championship game that way last season.

31. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I'm in a yahoo and ESPn league. I'm overwhelmingly in favor of the Yahoo system. better website all around.

32. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Ugh, 0-1 in both leagues now. My ESPN league (stupid 14 team league). I was banking on being RB heavy and one stud WR. Unfortunately, my one stud WR was Keenan Allen. Now I have to rely on Tajae Sharpe and hope I can pick up either Cole Beasley or V Cruz on waivers.

33. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    That really sucks. Hopefully, someone will come along that you can get on waivers to fill the void. Maybe whoever is going to start in his place in San Diego, since that player will get onto the field a lot at least. They might look at James Jones again.

34. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Grab Tyrell Williams. He will be SD's #1. Young kid loaded with upside.

If it makes you feel better i had the 2nd highest scoring team in 2 leagues where i have Brees. I lost both games to the 1st highest scoring team who had Luck. FML.

35. JDelenne

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I'm 3-2 after week 1.... losing my two money leagues and winning in my fun league. lol.

36. JDelenne

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Would you rather have Mark Ingram or DeMarco Murray standard scoring.. might be trying to make a trade sometime soon. I think im leaning towards Ingram just because I don't trust Tenn's offense.

37. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Neither the Lions (who play the Titans) nor the Giants (who play the Saints) could stop the pass very well week 1, but the Giants shut down the Cowboys run game. If you aren't PPR, playing Murray might be the better call.

38. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Ingram. Henry will be the starter in Tennessee by week 10 imo. Ingram really has no one to threaten his job.

39. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Flex non-PPR:
    Christine Michael
    Marvin Jones
    Eli Rogers
    Sammy Watkins

Also with the ankle injury, would you guys start Winston over Wilson?

40. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Watkins looks to be a go and if you're confident he is then go there. Marvin Jones looks to be the safest play on that list though IMO.

As for QB, I'd consider Winston just based on match up but it's tough to bench a proven stud like Wilson.

GridIronKing34 likes this.