1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fans vs Refs

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by shula_guy, Oct 28, 2013.

1. I think somebody (I don't know how) should created a video of all the bad and missed calls of the game and send it to the NFL and respectfully ask for it to be reviewed and explained to us the fans. I think it at least merits some sort of explination of why the refs called the game as they did. It could be circulated like a petition and collect electronic signatures so that the NFL knows a significant amount of people are interested in how they handle this.

I do not know if it would have enough legs to get them to respond or if it would lead to any satisfaction but its worth a try. They could at least look at modifying the rules or putting more refs on the field if they cant see everything going on during the game. If the NFL believes that fans are turning away from their product over this I would think they would do something about it.

The petition could be circulated not only on this fan site or just Dolphin sites but across all sites. I think we would be all surprised how many fans are tired watching games that not reffed well.

Just a thought!

padre31 and Zippy like this.
  2. Dolfan330

Dolfan330 My wein is so chaffed...

Jan 25, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    What they should do is make any penalty challengeable. It won't delay the games any more and it will reduce the amount of human error. I'd like to see the refs from yesterday justify those calls after a second look.

JdReimon likes this.
  3. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    They should get rid of coaches challenges period and hire someone to review questionable plays like the NCAA does. If the goal is to eliminate mistakes, why are challenges executed in mini game fashion? Get two right and get a freebie! If not, you lose a time out... Stupid. We need a system that's about getting calls correct, period.

As for your suggestion, it's all subjective. It's like the old saying goes, there's holding on every play. It just doesn't always get called. I understand the frustration against the refs after yesterdays debacle, but aside from Jimmy Wilson's pass INT, the other two big calls weren't getting overturned if your idea came to fruition. They're wasted challenges.

shula_guy and MAFishFan like this.
  4. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    I have noticed that the Bills and Jets get more favorable calls then we do. I still think another divisional re alignment is needed.

yea I know that moving to another division wont bring Miami closer to winning but I think shuffling the teams would create a refreshed vigor and the AFC south would be ideal .

As a last ditch effort we should notify the dolphins and ask them to sue the league . just my opinon

5. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Eff the NFL...I'm enjoying watching it die all by itself. Death throes of an old NWO. Those psychotic a-holes would take your heartfelt petition and wipe they're collective asses with it.
    Look, they hooked me when I was young. Now it serves more as a looking glass into the nation. Just an old habit that's dying hard.We live in a gangster nation full of subserviant thugs. Of course they're gonna try and control games.

6. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    The Pass Interference call it a huge penalty. It's an automatic 1st down penalty plus the yardage on those penalties can be huge regarding yardage given up. I'm suprised its not challengable just because you can move half the length of the field in one penalty. Its a killer when its a poor call.

shula_guy and Fin D like this.
  7. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Is there a vid, or a gif floating around out there of the 3 calls? Ive been searching for them to share with some friends of mine, and colleges here in the office that are fans of other teams to see what they think of the calls. Trying to get some opinions on them from non-Dolphins fans.

shula_guy likes this.
  8. DullFinsSuck

DullFinsSuck Banned

Oct 28, 2013
    Here's the PI and the fumble call: http://bit.ly/17ontSH

9. dulfinssuck

dulfinssuck Banned

Oct 28, 2013
    Don't you want to lose so you can draft some decent players? Or maybe just stop whining?

10. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    IMO, I believe that referee's ability to call a penalty should be restricted depending on their position on the field and the area that the penalty took place. I believe one of the announcers of the game pointed out that on one of the penalties, the referee throwing the flag wasn't in position to be able to get a good look at the play. As such, his judgment on the play is rather questionable.

Just my two cents.

Dolfan330 likes this.
  11. cdnfinfan

cdnfinfan New Member

Oct 6, 2010
    I think ppl just need to realize that there is NO sepration between the league and the refs. Refs don't get in trouble because the refs do as they are told to by the NFL.

there is no backlash, there are no investigations, there is nothing. if a ref screws up..they issue an apology and keep it moving.

we as fans, just need to accept the fact that the NFL is gonna do what is best for the NFL. and no matter what happens on the field, the fans have to just accept it as is, or don't. they don't care.