Fallout 4 TBA?
61 replies
"Desides wrote:
Correct. NV is developed by many of the same who worked on Fallout 2, and involves much of Fallout 2's lore.
Numerous, including Marcus the mutant, who is a companion in Fallout 2.
Is Fallout 2 the one where the Enclave makes an appearance?
"Silverphin wrote:
Is Fallout 2 the one where the Enclave makes an appearance?
Yep. That's where they're introduced. The President Richardson referenced in FO3 is the Enclave leader in FO2.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
Correct. NV is developed by many of the same who worked on Fallout 2, and involves much of Fallout 2's lore.
Ah, yes. Now I recall. I actually used it as my main pitch to people when I was trying to get them to pre-order it. Worked on almost everybody who played original Fallouts. Of course problem with that is there wasn't too many people who were familiar with original Fallouts.
"Desides wrote:
And you should definitely give NV a chance again. The DLC packs are great, particularly Lonesome Road and Old World Blues.
I want to, I really do...but I want to play it on PC, and I'm not going to have a PC for a while. I guess I can cave in and just play it on the PS3. It's just gonna be weird. Would you suggest playing it on the PS3, or wait it out?

"TiP54 wrote:
Ah, yes. Now I recall. I actually used it as my main pitch to people when I was trying to get them to pre-order it. Worked on almost everybody who played original Fallouts. Of course problem with that is there wasn't too many people who were familiar with original Fallouts.
Right, that's the problem, that the people who like FO3 aren't really Fallout series fans, they're just FO3 fans.
I want to, I really do...but I want to play it on PC, and I'm not going to have a PC for a while. I guess I can cave in and just play it on the PS3. It's just gonna be weird. Would you suggest playing it on the PS3, or wait it out?
It's worth waiting for.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
It's worth waiting for.
It's funny you say that, I looked up the Deluxe Edition online, and I found them for $20. I think i'll order it when I get home. That's just too sweet of a deal.

"TiP54 wrote:
It's funny you say that, I looked up the Deluxe Edition online, and I found them for $20. I think i'll order it when I get home. That's just too sweet of a deal.
Well, at least they patched the console versions to some form of stability. :lol: Enjoy.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
Well, at least they patched the console versions to some form of stability. :lol: Enjoy.
Yeah...i'll let it patch before going out or something lol. It will be a WHILE.

Just started Fallout NV. I hope when they do Fallout 4 they follow suit with what Skyrim did and do away with weapon and armor repair. I forgot how much I hated that. There are ways to make a game challenging without monotonous and tedious tasks that just annoy the hell out of you and wear on your soul.
"MonstBlitz wrote:
Just started Fallout NV. I hope when they do Fallout 4 they follow suit with what Skyrim did and do away with weapon and armor repair. I forgot how much I hated that. There are ways to make a game challenging without monotonous and tedious tasks that just annoy the hell out of you and wear on your soul.
I thought weapon and armor repair was an interesting mechanic, because it balanced out the ability to be a complete badass. And there are ways to reduce the rate at which your equipment degrades.
What I really hope is that they expand on the weapon modification system.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
I thought weapon and armor repair was an interesting mechanic, because it balanced out the ability to be a complete badass. And there are ways to reduce the rate at which your equipment degrades.
What I really hope is that they expand on the weapon modification system.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, more weapon modification / customization and less repair. Seems kind of the trend they followed from Oblivion to Skyrim so hoping for that to carry forward to Fallout.
It's all a matter of preference, but due to my gaming OCD things like weapon and armor degradation just annoy me in ways that are hard to describe.
What I would want are repeatable quests that can generate caps. Like the option to moonlight as a bounty hunter
"Desides wrote:
To paraphrase Silverphin, you're both wrong. :lol:
There was an elementary school field trip to the Lamplight Caverns in 2077 when the nuclear war in the Fallout universe began. So the teachers, chaperones, and kids were stuck in the caves in 2077, and the adults died as they went to scavenge for supplies.
But Fallout 3 happens in 2277. Two hundred years later. So... where did the kids in Little Lamplight in the year 2277 come from? The kids on the field trip didn't live 200 years. It's an entirely new set of kids. Where did they come from?
Fallout 3 only makes sense if you pretend that it happens a few years after the nuclear war, rather than 200 years after, but even then there are major inconsistencies from one quest to another. FONV is much, much more tightly written.
Kids got kicked out and sent to Big Town once they turned 16. The "current" set of kids are either the product of kids post puberty but pre-16 or were brought there as small children by Big Town residents.
"Caps wrote:
Kids got kicked out and sent to Big Town once they turned 16. The "current" set of kids are either the product of kids post puberty but pre-16 or were brought there as small children by Big Town residents.
Once you go to Big Town, you're not let back in Little Lamplight, period. And given the enmity the Big Town people have for the kids in Little Lamplight, they're not going to make the trip back there to drop off their newborn babies.
It's a nonsensical scenario, one of many in FO3.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
Once you go to Big Town, you're not let back in Little Lamplight, period. And given the enmity the Big Town people have for the kids in Little Lamplight, they're not going to make the trip back there to drop off their newborn babies.
It's a nonsensical scenario, one of many in FO3.
Children are kicked from the community at the age of 16, and head off to a settlement known as Big Town, which is portrayed as a utopia amongst the children of Little Lamplight. When the adults in Big Town reproduce, their children are sent to Little Lamplight. Then the cycle repeats.
From the Fallout wiki. I'm sure you have a valid point about other portions of the game (though I can't recall any glaring leaps of logic, probably because its been a while since I played and my suspension of disbelief is much higher for this type of game than say COD), but this particular one has been explained.
"Caps wrote:
From the Fallout wiki. I'm sure you have a valid point about other portions of the game (though I can't recall any glaring leaps of logic, probably because its been a while since I played and my suspension of disbelief is much higher for this type of game than say COD), but this particular one has been explained.
There is no such quote on the Fallout Wiki article about Little Lamplight.
This isn't a suspension of disbelief issue. This is a bad writing issue.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
I might be in the minority, but I would like to see a fallout prequel type game. One where it starts before the nuclear holocaust and maybe you are trying to prevent the war. But then you fail and the second half of the game is surviving after everything goes to ****.
"finsincebirth wrote:
I might be in the minority, but I would like to see a fallout prequel type game. One where it starts before the nuclear holocaust and maybe you are trying to prevent the war. But then you fail and the second half of the game is surviving after everything goes to ****.
That would go against Fallout lore, because of things like House projecting that the nuclear war was inevitable and the Enclave/Vault-Tec conspiracies that are predicated on a nuclear war occurring.
Also, IMO, the appeal of Fallout is seeing how the new societies parody the old. For example, FEV was originally a parody of and reference to LA's obsession with plastic surgery.
It would be a decent mod for Fallout 4, but I don't think that would ever be an official Fallout game. There's more fun to be had by going forward in the timeline. 2320, perhaps.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
That would go against Fallout lore, because of things like House projecting that the nuclear war was inevitable and the Enclave/Vault-Tec conspiracies that are predicated on a nuclear war occurring.
Also, IMO, the appeal of Fallout is seeing how the new societies parody the old. For example, FEV was originally a parody of and reference to LA's obsession with plastic surgery.
It would be a decent mod for Fallout 4, but I don't think that would ever be an official Fallout game. There's more fun to be had by going forward in the timeline. 2320, perhaps.
Yea you make a good point. I guess not playing 1 and 2 kind of screws me up on some or the lore stuff.
"finsincebirth wrote:
Yea you make a good point. I guess not playing 1 and 2 kind of screws me up on some or the lore stuff.
I haven't played FO1 and 2 either. :lol: The House thing comes from New Vegas, the Enclave/Vault-Tec conspiracy was mentioned in FO3 and referred to in NV. The FEV thing is something you would have to play FO1 to understand... or read the Wiki. :lol: The thing about FEV is that the big bad of FO1 was creating Super Mutants in underneath a church in Los Angeles by dunking people in FEV... that joke wrote itself.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
I haven't played FO1 and 2 either. :lol: The House thing comes from New Vegas, the Enclave/Vault-Tec conspiracy was mentioned in FO3 and referred to in NV. The FEV thing is something you would have to play FO1 to understand... or read the Wiki. :lol: The thing about FEV is that the big bad of FO1 was creating Super Mutants in underneath a church in Los Angeles by dunking people in FEV... that joke wrote itself.
The House thing I definitely remember. The Enclave conspiracy I never got to because I never got that far in 3. I might have to get it for the new computer and finally beat it. I do remember hearing/reading about the FEV. In fact wasn't Marcus or some other mutant a hint or throwback to that?
"finsincebirth wrote:
The House thing I definitely remember. The Enclave conspiracy I never got to because I never got that far in 3. I might have to get it for the new computer and finally beat it. I do remember hearing/reading about the FEV. In fact wasn't Marcus or some other mutant a hint or throwback to that?
Marcus in New Vegas was a companion in Fallout 2.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
Marcus in New Vegas was a companion in Fallout 2.
That's what it was. Thank you.
"Desides wrote:
Marcus in New Vegas was a companion in Fallout 2.
nothing better than getting cut in half by Marcus in FA2....my favorite companion ever.
I believe that Master is mentioned in 3 and NV.
On a side note...played Dead Money. I disliked it at first, then it grew on me. Still..not a fan.

"TiP54 wrote:
I believe that Master is mentioned in 3 and NV.
I don't think The Master is mentioned in FO3 at all. The Super Mutants there have nothing to do with him.
On a side note…played Dead Money. I disliked it at first, then it grew on me. Still..not a fan.
I agree it's an acquired taste. Really good scenario concept, but bad attempt at survival horror. Thankfully, the other 3 packs are better. Spoiler alert: Ulysses is awesome.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister