Fallout 4 TBA?
61 replies
Erik Todd Dellums
@ETDellums
To all my #Fallout3 and #ThreeDog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!
.....please?
"Silverphin wrote:
Erik Todd Dellums
@ETDellums
To all my #Fallout3 and #ThreeDog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!.....please?
I have no doubt we will see a Fallout 4.
I hope it has nothing to do with Fallout 3. The writing was pretty bad for all sorts of canonical and objective reasons.
Example: Where the hell did the kids in Little Lamplight come from?
New Vegas was much better, ridiculous bugs aside.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
I hope it has nothing to do with Fallout 3. The writing was pretty bad for all sorts of canonical and objective reasons.
Example: Where the hell did the kids in Little Lamplight come from?
New Vegas was much better, ridiculous bugs aside.
I really enjoyed New Vegas. I think post of it was that with Vegas it wasn't as drab and bleak. The city had color. I felt fallout 3 was just one giant neutral color. I understand that's point, but still.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
"Silverphin wrote:
You think a Fallout in S. Florida would be viable?
I do, but they would they need to set aside a lot of canon or common gameplay elements to make it work. For example: no one would really believe that they built vast underground nuclear bunkers in what is essentially a swamp. It also negates a lot of the cowboy/western themes.
Rumors are that the setting for Fallout 4 is Boston and the surrounding area.
"finsincebirth wrote:
I really enjoyed New Vegas. I think post of it was that with Vegas it wasn't as drab and bleak. The city had color. I felt fallout 3 was just one giant neutral color. I understand that's point, but still.
This is because Fallout 3 (and New Vegas) had color filters overlaid across the screen. :lol: FO3 had a green filter, NV had a yellowish-brown filter. Nice thing about the PC versions: you can get mods to eliminate the color filters and improve the color palette and lighting in the games. New Vegas in particular looks really good with a brighter palette.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Silverphin wrote:
You think a Fallout in S. Florida would be viable?
Fallout Bath Salts Apocalypse?
"Desides wrote:
I do, but they would they need to set aside a lot of canon or common gameplay elements to make it work. For example: no one would really believe that they built vast underground nuclear bunkers in what is essentially a swamp. It also negates a lot of the cowboy/western themes.
Rumors are that the setting for Fallout 4 is Boston and the surrounding area.
This is because Fallout 3 (and New Vegas) had color filters overlaid across the screen. :lol: FO3 had a green filter, NV had a yellowish-brown filter. Nice thing about the PC versions: you can get mods to eliminate the color filters and improve the color palette and lighting in the games. New Vegas in particular looks really good with a brighter palette.
That's one of the reasons that I'm excited for my new computer.
I saw somebody tweet that somebody said that someone heard that somebody said that they saw somebody...Anyway, you get the point. I read somwehre that the developer or the creator or something said "The Mojave desert was fun place to explore, amirite?"
Something among those lines. I'd prefer the setting to be on the East Coast, and I'm sure Bethesda will have tons of fun with a Boston setting.

Also, while it is not distinct indicator, the fact that Three Dog is coming back hints (to me at least) that the game is more likely to be played on the East Coast, despite what the dude said about the Majave Wasteland.

I don't think th two statements are contradictory. What if the area around Boston is desert-like?
Or they're hinting that elements of NV will appear in FO4. Does Caesar's Legion make it all the way to Boston?
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
Does Caesar's Legion make it all the way to Boston?
I was thinking that. For the sake of the game though, I'm, sure they can make something up. Plus, I don't think I saw anything time table wise. When is the game going to take place in relevance of 3 and NV.

"Desides wrote:
I hope it has nothing to do with Fallout 3. The writing was pretty bad for all sorts of canonical and objective reasons.
Example: Where the hell did the kids in Little Lamplight come from?
New Vegas was much better, ridiculous bugs aside.
I thought they were on a school trip or something? I seem to remember hearing the story but maybe i just made it up in my head.

"pennphinfan wrote:
I thought they were on a school trip or something? I seem to remember hearing the story but maybe i just made it up in my head.
You're not wrong.
"Desides wrote:
I do, but they would they need to set aside a lot of canon or common gameplay elements to make it work. For example: no one would really believe that they built vast underground nuclear bunkers in what is essentially a swamp. It also negates a lot of the cowboy/western themes.
Rumors are that the setting for Fallout 4 is Boston and the surrounding area.
Maybe a vault wouldn't have to appear? And even if one does, considering that an oil rig was was featured before, I don't think an underwater vault would be out of the question. Plus, Fallout 3 didn't have that much western elements. Maybe they can go a bit Sea Punk?
I would enjoy boston just bc ive lived there.. but i wouldnt be surprised to see florida for the incorpation of a disney world style amusement park setting

"pennphinfan wrote:
I thought they were on a school trip or something? I seem to remember hearing the story but maybe i just made it up in my head.
"Silverphin wrote:
You're not wrong.
To paraphrase Silverphin, you're both wrong. :lol:
There was an elementary school field trip to the Lamplight Caverns in 2077 when the nuclear war in the Fallout universe began. So the teachers, chaperones, and kids were stuck in the caves in 2077, and the adults died as they went to scavenge for supplies.
But Fallout 3 happens in 2277. Two hundred years later. So... where did the kids in Little Lamplight in the year 2277 come from? The kids on the field trip didn't live 200 years. It's an entirely new set of kids. Where did they come from?
Fallout 3 only makes sense if you pretend that it happens a few years after the nuclear war, rather than 200 years after, but even then there are major inconsistencies from one quest to another. FONV is much, much more tightly written.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
I am one of the few people who likes Fallout 3 better than NV.
One of the reasons is because I got to play Fallout 3 on my PC before it burned down, along with all of the DLCs. Easily had 100 hours in to the game. New Vegas? I played it a lot...but it wasn't my computer, and I didn't put in nearly as many hours, plus I never got to play any of the DLCs. So I may not be entirely fair to New Vegas.
I also liked the environment of 3 more than the desert of NV. Vegas itself was pretty cool, but overall I liked 3 landscape wise. Desides mentioned already that it wasn't written very well, but it wasn't as glitchy as NV when it came out either.
I just want another awesome Fallout game. That's all lol

"TiP54 wrote:
I am one of the few people who likes Fallout 3 better than NV.
One of the reasons is because I got to play Fallout 3 on my PC before it burned down, along with all of the DLCs. Easily had 100 hours in to the game. New Vegas? I played it a lot...but it wasn't my computer, and I didn't put in nearly as many hours, plus I never got to play any of the DLCs. So I may not be entirely fair to New Vegas.
Most people like FO3 more than NV. It's the Fallout fans who like NV more than FO3.
And you should definitely give NV a chance again. The DLC packs are great, particularly Lonesome Road and Old World Blues.
I just want another awesome Fallout game. That's all lol
Here's hoping. I want to really push my PC with a new Fallout game on an enhanced engine. New Vegas, even with super high res texture mods, isn't a challenge anymore.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
Most people like FO3 more than NV. It's the Fallout fans who like NV more than FO3.
And you should definitely give NV a chance again. The DLC packs are great, particularly Lonesome Road and Old World Blues.
Here's hoping. I want to really push my PC with a new Fallout game on an enhanced engine. New Vegas, even with super high res texture mods, isn't a challenge anymore.
NV was definitely my favorite. I've started 3 on several occasions, and have yet to beat it.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
"finsincebirth wrote:
NV was definitely my favorite. I've started 3 on several occasions, and have yet to beat it.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
I do like NV over 3. I hated the crap out of some of the glitches (especially the one during Raul's quest).
What I would like to see is a world that is... how do I say this.... a step towards the right direction (as in, it seems as if the world is getting back on its feet).
"Desides wrote:
To paraphrase Silverphin, you're both wrong. :lol:
There was an elementary school field trip to the Lamplight Caverns in 2077 when the nuclear war in the Fallout universe began. So the teachers, chaperones, and kids were stuck in the caves in 2077, and the adults died as they went to scavenge for supplies.
But Fallout 3 happens in 2277. Two hundred years later. So... where did the kids in Little Lamplight in the year 2277 come from? The kids on the field trip didn't live 200 years. It's an entirely new set of kids. Where did they come from?
Fallout 3 only makes sense if you pretend that it happens a few years after the nuclear war, rather than 200 years after, but even then there are major inconsistencies from one quest to another. FONV is much, much more tightly written.
:lol:
But it makes me wonder if this game will try to fill in those cracks, if possible.
"Silverphin wrote:
What I would like to see is a world that is... how do I say this.... a step towards the right direction (as in, it seems as if the world is getting back on its feet).
That's basically the point of NV: civilization has returned and is beginning to expand, and each civilization is coming into conflict. NV depicts a far more cohesive and organized world than Fallout 1 and 2. But I get what you mean, and I'd like to see something similar.
Actually, what I really want is a game like Fallout but in our future rather than an alternate world where the 1950s culture never went away.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
That's basically the point of NV: civilization has returned and is beginning to expand, and each civilization is coming into conflict. NV depicts a far more cohesive and organized world than Fallout 1 and 2. But I get what you mean, and I'd like to see something similar.
Actually, what I really want is a game like Fallout but in our future rather than an alternate world where the 1950s culture never went away.
Mmhmm. So instead of magazines or books you collect podcasts, the unsettling jazz music is replaced with taylor swift pop, and instead of a religious cult of zombie faced mutants, they are tom cruise clone scientologists... sounds... exhilarating

"Desides wrote:
Most people like FO3 more than NV. It's the Fallout fans who like NV more than FO3.
I'm guessing it's because geographically, is relative to Fallout 1 and 2, as well as return of Republic of California.
Plus, if I'm not mistaken, there are some references to Fallout 2.

"TiP54 wrote:
I'm guessing it's because geographically, is relative to Fallout 1 and 2, as well as return of Republic of California.
Correct. NV is developed by many of the same who worked on Fallout 2, and involves much of Fallout 2's lore.
Plus, if I'm not mistaken, there are some references to Fallout 2.
Numerous, including Marcus the mutant, who is a companion in Fallout 2.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister