Fail, Ford

105 replies

PaganPaganForum VeteranOP
Dec 5, 2013, 09:56 AM

Sorry, this just isn't a Mustang. :pity:

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2013, 10:01 AM

Its the first good looking Mustang in a long time.

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2013, 10:05 AM

"Fin D wrote:

Its the first good looking Mustang in a long time.

No, it's the worst looking Aston Martin in a long time.

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2013, 10:06 AM

It mixed the old and the new (current ones and like the early 00's ones)

I like the current one better. But meh...

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2013, 10:07 AM

Ford's too busy now kissing ass trying to lure the European market in, so they redesigned the car to pacify them. Not saying it's a bad looking car, it's just not a Mustang. The American musclecar look is gone from it now. It's trying to be a sports car, which it isn't.

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Dec 5, 2013, 10:26 AM

Looks like an Accord Coupe made sweet lovin' to an Aston Martin.

Don't really mind the look, but I'd agree, it doesn't have the look of a traditional American muscle car.

Any shots of the, hrm, rear?

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Dec 5, 2013, 10:36 AM

I kinda like it... not a Mustang fan usually either.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2013, 10:54 AM

"Pagan wrote:

No, it's the worst looking Aston Martin in a long time.

.....whiiiiiiich makes it the best looking Mustang in quite awhile.

invidinvidSupporter
Dec 5, 2013, 11:48 AM

I've seen worse ideas for a Mustang, but I'm not a car guy.

xphinfanxxphinfanxForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2013, 12:29 PM

"invid wrote:

I've seen worse ideas for a Mustang, but I'm not a car guy.

They have had some flops along the way.

Pagens pic kinda looks like a Camaro bred with it in the back half to me.

That's why they play the games!:yes:

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2013, 12:45 PM

"Fin D wrote:

.....whiiiiiiich makes it the best looking Mustang in quite awhile.

Haven't you figured out by now that if you say you like something I don't, it immediately fortifies my position? :P

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2013, 12:46 PM

"invid wrote:

I've seen worse ideas for a Mustang, but I'm not a car guy.

Wasn't a big fan of the fox body Stangs either.

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2013, 12:53 PM

"Pagan wrote:

Haven't you figured out by now that if you say you like something I don't, it immediately fortifies my position? :P

And vice versa.

Besides, we've been down this path before, you hate any and all change.

And as far as staying true to the muscle car aesthetic, (not performance, but looks) the Camaro & Challenger have been eating the Mustang's lunch since they were reintroduced. If you argue that, then I know for a fact you're entirely biased.

maynardmaynardNew Member
Dec 5, 2013, 12:59 PM

I have always preferred the look of the Camaro from the 60's to now. The only Mustang I like for looks is the current generation. This latest one isn't too bad imo

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." GRRM, ADWD

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2013, 01:08 PM

"Fin D wrote:

And vice versa.

Besides, we've been down this path before, you hate any and all change.

And as far as staying true to the muscle car aesthetic, (not performance, but looks) the Camaro & Challenger have been eating the Mustang's lunch since they were reintroduced. If you argue that, then I know for a fact you're entirely biased.

Okay now we part ways. Camaro? REALLY? The "brick with wheels"? C'mon man.

First of all, when it comes to cars you know nothing about me. I've owned many different brands of musclecars. Pontiac, MOPAR, Ford AND Chevy, so I'm not biased at all. I've had Trans Ams, Formulas, Camaros and Barracudas. In fact, if Dodge does a good job when they reintroduce the Cuda next year, one may end up in my garage. So your statement of bias is invalid.

As for change, that has to be the stupidest statement you've ever made about me. I don't hate change. I hate change for the SAKE of change. If you're going to change something, IMPROVE it. If I hated change with the cars, I'd have stuck to a SN95 Mustang and said I hated the S197's, one of which I own. I preordered that car and waited 8 months for it, so obviously I liked the change. I loved the changes that were made in 2010 and all the other changes up to now. This version is ****. Correction, not ****. Just not a Mustang. Sorry. A ponycar shouldn't be drawing comparisons to Accords and Aston Martins.

Obviously you are NOT a musclecar fan, because to say the new Camaro looks more like a musclecar than the Mustang is beyond laughable. The Challenger looks great from a distance, but once you get up close you see it's a boat. Doesn't feel like a musclecar at all. It looks nice, but park one next to a Mustang and a Camaro and it looks like a barge. The Camaro looks like exactly what it was first used for, a Transformer. The new Z28s that are coming out are a bit better, but sorry, nothing like they used to be. In fact, they haven't been what they used to be since the late 60's. Camaro was one of the first ponycars to go the "sports car look" road. They abandoned the traditional look to become the long, low, sleek vehicle loved by overly hairy Guidos the world over.

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

finyank13finyank13New Member
Dec 5, 2013, 01:15 PM

Pagan loves those hard lines.....me too, I dont like the soft look...

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

cdz12250cdz12250Supporter
Dec 5, 2013, 01:20 PM

I bought my 2013 GT 'vert before the new one came out because I wanted a Mustang, not a Eurocar with independent rear suspension. After 50 years, they finally had gotten the classic formula right; now they begin anew with a new set of problems to solve. I will not be trading mine in.

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2013, 01:21 PM

A Mustang shouldn't look like James Bond is going to step out of it.

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Dec 5, 2013, 01:31 PM

"invid wrote:

I've seen worse ideas for a Mustang, but I'm not a car guy.

I love the 5. oh oh oh oh oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhs

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Dec 5, 2013, 01:32 PM

"Pagan wrote:

A Mustang shouldn't look like Francis is going to step out of it.

Fixed....

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Dec 5, 2013, 02:05 PM

"cdz12250 wrote:

I bought my 2013 GT 'vert before the new one came out because I wanted a Mustang, not a Eurocar with independent rear suspension. After 50 years, they finally had gotten the classic formula right; now they begin anew with a new set of problems to solve. I will not be trading mine in.

I like this current (past?) design. The one Pagan posted as the new design is all right but not as good IMO.

If I can equate it to the most recent Die Hard movie, as a movie on it's own merits I enjoy it but it doesn't seem right as a Die Hard movie.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Dec 5, 2013, 03:11 PM

"Pagan wrote:

Okay now we part ways. Camaro? REALLY? The "brick with wheels"? C'mon man.

First of all, when it comes to cars you know nothing about me. I've owned many different brands of musclecars. Pontiac, MOPAR, Ford AND Chevy, so I'm not biased at all. I've had Trans Ams, Formulas, Camaros and Barracudas. In fact, if Dodge does a good job when they reintroduce the Cuda next year, one may end up in my garage. So your statement of bias is invalid.

As for change, that has to be the stupidest statement you've ever made about me. I don't hate change. I hate change for the SAKE of change. If you're going to change something, IMPROVE it. If I hated change with the cars, I'd have stuck to a SN95 Mustang and said I hated the S197's, one of which I own. I preordered that car and waited 8 months for it, so obviously I liked the change. I loved the changes that were made in 2010 and all the other changes up to now. This version is ****. Correction, not ****. Just not a Mustang. Sorry. A ponycar shouldn't be drawing comparisons to Accords and Aston Martins.

Obviously you are NOT a musclecar fan, because to say the new Camaro looks more like a musclecar than the Mustang is beyond laughable. The Challenger looks great from a distance, but once you get up close you see it's a boat. Doesn't feel like a musclecar at all. It looks nice, but park one next to a Mustang and a Camaro and it looks like a barge. The Camaro looks like exactly what it was first used for, a Transformer. The new Z28s that are coming out are a bit better, but sorry, nothing like they used to be. In fact, they haven't been what they used to be since the late 60's. Camaro was one of the first ponycars to go the "sports car look" road. They abandoned the traditional look to become the long, low, sleek vehicle loved by overly hairy Guidos the world over.

Dude, if you can't see how this is the visual spiritual successor:

to this:

Then you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to looks.

maynardmaynardNew Member
Dec 5, 2013, 03:33 PM

Ahhhh.....Arguments between Fin D and Pagan.....I love it

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." GRRM, ADWD

Dec 5, 2013, 03:40 PM

You want to talk spiritual successor? Dodge does it best:

maynardmaynardNew Member
Dec 5, 2013, 03:41 PM

It is a nice looking car. Might be a boat, sure, but it looks good

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." GRRM, ADWD