1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

expectations

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by the 23rd, Oct 26, 2009.

1. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    It's 9:am & I haven't read one critique of last nights game from the pundits.
    Truth is, I haven't even read our own forum's opinions
    & probably wont' until tomorrow. Simply turned off the the television after the game,
    woke up had breakfast & now I'm posting the thread.

however

I will share a few of my opinions with the forum while they are still fresh in my head:

1) defensive backfield stepped up nicely.
    2) Ricky Williams still has wheels.
    3) GinnJr. is a bust.
    4) we played the first half magnificently.
    5) the officiating cost us the game, along with the help of bad offensive play calling in the second half.
    6) we need a consistent deep-threat WR & another TE on offense.
    7) an ILB & another strong NT to complete the list for next year.
    8) I am very proud of the way the Dolphins played yesterday. the rest of the year should be very competitive.
    9) we are in year two of the Rebuilding of the Franchise, some things just take time.
    10) we will continue to compete & develop throughout the season
    We will Contend in 2010.

next up the Jests
    P.S. Run Ricky Run!

2. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    our glaring deficiencies remain LB and WR ....

Roth will help whenever he gets on the field, so that JT and JP can split time on the weak side, but we won't get any help inside this year.

WRs ... talked about it last week, if our WRs would attack the ball in order to make the catch, we win that game. As much as i advocate YAC, our guys must have a desire for the ball 1st ... and as i stated this offseason, i just don't see Ginn on this team next year ... he may make some catches behind the secondary IF you hit him in stride, but it just isn't enough ... and can we please end the discussion about him not being soft. equally, this did not seem to be a good game for Bess either ... Ginn has his walking papers, Bess could be on notice after the next couple weeks ...

10-6 is still a real possibility given our schedule ... and it was nice to see some improvement out of our DBs ... we are only 3 players away from a special team ... WR, ILB and a healthy Merriman ...

Henne is without a doubt our guy ... he surely didn't lose the game, and with some better play from WRs (and the OL), he would have led the team to win on that last drive. The kid has it ...

3. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    1)The defensive back field and the front seven played great for one half
    2) You are right rickey still has it
    3)ginn stinks
    4)no brainer
    5)Yes we had some bad calls but I will say the defence cost us the game
    6)I agree 100% I think we have the fs in clemons
    7)I am not proud but dissapointed,we will be competetive but no playoffs
    8)Agree
    9)experince for young players
    10)Yes we will

4. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    What I liked about this game (god I feel sick saying that), is that we saw where our flaws were very apparently, and we saw where our strengths were.

We ran the ball down their throat in the first half, but stopped in the second half as the lead dropped from a two score game to a one score game. Great running game, bad play calling.

We had some great play by Gibril Wilson in the first half, rather poor play in the second, he can do it, he might just need more time to get adjusted (I hope).

Our Wide Receiver corps best player is Hartline, Bess, and Camarillo, and it fluctuates from week to week as to who is the better of the three. Ginn is a non-factor.

Our O line is freaking amazing, and to some effect our D line. No huge problems with the D, and the O is totally living up to their billing.

Our pass rush showed up and did some good, and shows that the last games might have been in part to JP being injured.

Chad Henne played a pretty good game, especially for his first year. He owned the first half, and did what he could in the second. Yes he struggled, but he'll have to work a few more of these games out of his system (and get a better receiver/TE).

Anthony Fasano is now officially off my Christmas List. The guy was amazing for us last year, and a total bust this year. Is he playing with an injury no one knows about? Great at blocking, but we need a TE to step up and make plays, look what it's done for every team we've lost against. That's a critical component we're lacking.

Ricky and Ronnie, I don't think I need to say anything about. We've known for a while that our top players sit in the backfield.

Vontae Davis and Sean Smith, with Will Allen going out, I'm worried, but not overly concerned. I think these two will be starting opposite of each other for a while to come. They both are playing very good, and Vontae made a few critical stops for us.

Our ability to stop the Tight End... We can't. Pure and simple, if a TE is going to be an option for the QB to throw to, he's going to pick up gashes of yardage against us. I'm not enough of a film analyst to say whose fault it is, but that task usually lies on a Linebacker and/or Safety from what I understand. SOMEONE is not doing their job, and opposing offenses are clearly able to see that.

That's all I've got on the matter. There were a lot of reasons for us to be excited, and of course a lot of disappointment. We WILL have a stronger team next season if we keep this trend up. With some important personnel changes, and even a mediocre draft, I think we can contend very readily next year. This game proved to the NFL that the Dolphins are gamers, and we are an up and coming team. We're not elite yet, but to take us off your radar this season, and into next would be a huge mistake.

One last note. Our most impressive players are younger players, we've got time on our side to build this franchise right. The exceptions might be Jason Ferguson, and Ricky Williams. Other than them, we've got youth just about everywhere else on this team. As fans we want to live in the now, but this staff has clearly got its eyes on the future.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  5. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    just have to work with the blueprint, we'll get there & when we do: we will be a perennial contender for a decade

6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Run Ricky Run!:escape:

Pat Turner?

dolfan7171 likes this.
  7. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Man, they loaded that box in the 2nd half, couldn't believe they had Henne under center facing all those blitzes on the last drive...

djphinfan likes this.
  8. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Problem is, I'm not sure 10-6 gets us in the playoffs.

Clark Kent likes this.
  9. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    inordinate number of outstanding teams this year
    never saw so many really good QB's stepping up
    the Saints are the strongest team in the NFL
    got nothing to hang our head about. we played well.
    we'll do fine this year. it will be entertaining & productive
    we are in our Second Year of Reconstruction
    We will Contend in 2010! :up:
    things will be looking up after we beat the jests next week

dolfan7171 and dolphindebby like this.
  10. krazyblitzer

krazyblitzer New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    but isn't this ricky contract year?And do you think he'll play again after he fulfill his contract obligation?

I really hope so cause he looking great this year

11. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Despite our record and our problems right now, I still think we could get into the playoffs. Once we get there, I think we could destroy some teams.

Jeffrey likes this.
  12. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    We're only a 1.5 games back from the #6 seed right now.

13. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    this team, as is, can beat any team in the NFL on a good day
    & give anyone of them all they can handle on a bad one
    maybe, our bad days are behind us

what you can count on is a competitive finish to the season
    & we will contend in 2010:dolphin: