1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ex-Raven Ellerbe views Pats as vulnerable

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by The_Dark_Knight, Jul 8, 2013.

1. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    LOVE the enthusiasm. I hope Ellberbe is right! :up:

Silverphin and DOLPHAN1 like this.
  2. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Like.... seriously... how did I forget about that edge Ellerbe could bring?

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  3. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    I wish he'd just shut his mouth and go out and play "lights out"
    You don't hear Wake yapping like this guy

4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Did you read what he said?

5. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Obviously he went over the line. Everyone is supposed to kiss Tom Brady on his brown eye until he retires and he can never lose. They could field the rest of the offense with 10 corpses and Brady would bring them from the dead (with the help of Tebow) to field the top offense the NFL has ever seen.

Now that I'm done being over the top...seriously it wasn't even smack talk you're 100% right Dupree.

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  6. evz

evz Feral Druid Club Member

In before someone dumps on him for talking smack!

DOH! Too late!!

Fin D likes this.
  7. vizi0n

vizi0n Boom.. Club Member

Aug 13, 2012
    He obviously didn't... He literally used the words we have to prove it on the field.... As in he doesn't think it is set in stone... Like they have something to prove... Have to play their best.... So forth....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

8. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Oh boy. Here we go again. :lol:

BTW, I agree with Ellerbe. :up:

9. fin13

fin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 29, 2009
    Waterloo
    What the **** did he say that was so wrong, are the Pats vulnerable? Absolutely, lost 2 and maybe 3 key players in their offense.
    Like Ellerbe said the Fins have to prove it.

10. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think the issue is, don't even comment on some other teams vulnerability, that's really not your business, worry about you and yours..Be smart enough to know when to say, " that's up for the media to decide, not us, we worried about us, and us only"

11. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Bull crap.

Every team is vulnerable. If a player didn't think that way, there'd be no reason to play, because the invulnerable team would always win.

He didn't talk ****. He said talk is cheap and we have to prove it on the field.

This entire fanbase needs an enema.

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  12. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    lol..can I Give you yours, I will be ever so gentle I promise..

If I was a player, I wouldn't agree with a reporters take on the patriots vulnerability..

So you think players should say yeah I think their vulnerable??, please explain why you think that's ok to say in public?

13. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Because every team is vulnerable. There's no difference between what he said and saying any given sunday.

And quite frankly **** the Pats. They've beat us when we didn't say anything. For a guy that preaches confidence from the fans is a vital element in winning, you seem to want to quash that same confidence coming form the players.

Simple fact of the matter is that he didn't talk crap. He didn't insult anyone. The Patriots are in fact beatable and have been every year, just like every other team ever, it just needs to be proven on the field...which is what he said.

DOLPHAN1 and Superself like this.
  14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    You might be right about what's best in terms of setting an example for the teams overall mentality, maybe saying that their rival is vulnerable instills some sort of sense of urgency as a group, I don't know Fin, I'm just saying its not how I'm wired, I was an athlete who played a lot of different competitive sports, my mindset was to gain respect first as a player and team before I tell anyone else what I think of them.

So that's how I feel Fin, basically, who the fu&$ are we to tell some other team is vulnerable, considering we've sucked pretty recently, that may be BS like you said, maybe to change the locker rooms mindset is to acknowledge that the other team isn't so untouchable..IDK.

15. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Ellerbe's earned Super Bowl ring says he can say it. He knows for a fact the Pats can be beat. He didn't say the Dolphins will beat them. Its not disrespectful to say any team is beatable/vulnerable because they are. Again, its EXACTLY the same thing as saying, "Any given Sunday....", no one would have batted an eye at that.

16. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    ok, I will try to think about that perspective.

Fin D likes this.
  17. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

I don't think he said anything wrong when he said he believes they are vulnerable, especially from his point of view. they are not the same team they were when the Ravens beat them last year, they have not replaced some key components on their offense. but to the bold I think the more important thing he said was that they needed to prove it on the field. I think that sends a more meaningful message to his team.

18. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    My point is, I don't think football players should be commenting on other teams businesses or concerns..If you can show me how it would help our team I'm all ears?

19. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

typically I would agree with you, in particular players making brazen comments. in this case he was asked his opinion and in stead of saying " no comment " or " yea they suck and we are gonna kick their a$$e$ up and down the field ", he said I think they are vulnerable but we need to prove on the field we can beat them. nothing inflammatory there in my opinion. let's face it, their offense isn't going to be much like it has been, they have too many regular contributors that are no longer on the team or possibly going to miss time so they are going to look different any way you play them this year.