1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

everyone make sure to lol @ belicheat

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by King Felix, Nov 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    going for it on fourth down on your own 28 yardline, and having horrible clock management....

i lol'd

dolphindebby, Pagan, SICK and 2 others like this.
  2. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    [​IMG]

Pagan, GISH, King Felix and 1 other person like this.
  3. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    epic choke... and Belicheck is on the hook for that 4th down and clock mgt. with the Jets loss today, this has turned out to be a pretty good day all around.

4. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    so that wasn't just a dream then???

Belichick really did go for it on 4th and 2 from his own 28 up by 6?

LOL!!!

5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I can see the call. He figured Manning was gonna score if he got the ball back. So he wanted to deny him that chance.

Probably not a good choice, but I can see where it came from. BB makes aggressive calls like that quite often, and generally they work.

6. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    I am very happy Manning won.

Did anyone see the stark contrast of the type of magazines Brady and Manning were in? While Manning is on multiple issues of sports illustrated, Brady is busy posing in glamour magazines. God I can't stand him.

7. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Too much arrogance, IMO, or too much faith in his players to get the job done. It seems if you executed that successfully 90% of the time it's still too much of a risk for you to give Manning the ball back that close to the endzone.

8. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    How do you feel if you are the Pats defenders? He basically showed zero confidence in his defense to stop Manning with a long field. That was one of the dumbest calls by a coach that I've ever seen, Belicheat is definitely a great coach but that was something even a rookie coach knows not to do. Arrogant, stupid play call that rightly cost his team the game.

9. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    It would have been extremely smart to have punted it because Manning has an affinity to choke against the Pats and there is a good chance he would of again.

Either way once again Miami is a sneaky 2 games back in the division. :yes:

SICK likes this.
  10. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Several years ago maybe, but Manning has owned them recently.

Im not gonna beat him up on the call, I understand it. He took a risk. He does it a lot. Often it works, sometimes it doesnt, and here it bit him.

If they had gained 7 more inches in a day they gained over 450 yards then Manning never gets the ball and all the talking heads are commenting on the brilliant call to seal the Pats win.

Im glad it failed though, I hate those ****ing Patriots. Now just need someone to drop the Colts undefeated streak.

On a sidenote, watching the Rams bumble away their chance to upset the Saints was excruciating.

11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I don't think he has faith in his defense and for good reason. They got carved up last night. I would have punted though and took my chances.

opfinistic likes this.
  12. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    No kidding, if I didn't have faith in my D I sure as hell wouldn't give Manning an opportunity to start off so deep in my own territory.

13. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Very fitting way for him to loose.
    He is smug, arrogant and a "pretty" good coach.
    Once again, before he lucked into Brady, he had a very very dismall rewcord as a head coach.
    The best parts of the game was his first challenge on the Wayne reception, and he very visibly used an F-bomb into his headset, and of course when they came up short on this call.
    I hope he sita back and pickles his liver over this one. Somebody please leave a loaded pistol near him

dolphindebby likes this.
  14. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    What is easier? Stopping Peyton Manning with 2 minutes to go? Or getting a yard and a half? I can see why he went for it.

texanphinatic likes this.
  15. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Really?
    What's easier?
    Stopping Manning from going 70 yards with 2 minutes left, or stopping manning from going 27 yards with 2 minutes left?
    Seriously, I haven't seen anybody outside of Madden or Pop-Warner go for it there.

muscle979 and opfinistic like this.
  16. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Bro, I hate him as much as the next guy, but give the devil his due.

He took a banged up, aging team without Brady to 11-5 last year.

17. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    He's the best coach in the NFL with the best QB in the NFL. Cheating aside, I aspire to have the kind of offense where we can drop 59 points on any team.

18. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    [​IMG]

DPlus47 and sking29 like this.
  19. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Unbelievably stupid call. You want to move the chains, do it with the first three downs. Sure Manning very well may have still won the game but the odds are MUCH better for him when you only make him go 28 yards vs. 70 or so. Another mistake was tackling Addai on both of those plays where he almost went in. They should have let Addai in on that first run so they would have had time to answer with a game ending FG. Did they honestly think they were going to make a goalline stand? I know Rex Ryan is dumb enough to do something like that but I would have thought Bellicheat would have been smarter.

20. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    The sooner the Colts and the Saints get their 1st L the happier I will be.

And I am not convinced it wasnt a first down....I think it was a bad spot...but with no timeouts, and outside 2min, no review was available.

I think if it was a Miami player, I would be feeling the spot was horrible.....including the slight bobble....he seemed to regain control at or just past the marker...based on progress once controlled, and not a ft short of the marker as they placed it.

Horrible camera angle, but would have been intereseting if the booth got involved.

Oh well.....hopefully Colts and Saints each lose soon!

21. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I hope they lose soon too but I'd rather see the Pats go down. I think they'll both lose soon enough. They're good but somebody will take them down. It could even be in the playoffs.

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  22. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Bro, there is no way you are suggesting a call went against the Patriots are you?
    I like an ice cubes chances on the sun better than that scenario :up:

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  23. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Those aren't the two options.

Option A: Stop Manning from going 70 yards
    Option B: Get 1.5 yards OR stop Manning from going 27 yards

Peyton has 40 career game winning drives. I don't think it really matters how far Manning has to go. With 2 minutes, he could go 200 yards if the field was long enough. Belichick basically spotted them 2 completions for a chance at keeping them off the field altogether.

The bottom line is that the Patriots best chance at stopping Manning was to not give him the ball.

If it works, BB proves why he is the best. And judging by how easily the Colts moved the ball into the endzone from 27 yards out, it proves Belichick was right to not trust his defense.

How many defenses do you trust to stop Manning in the 2 minute drill? Belichick was simply honest about it. And for that, he is ridiculed.

fins4o8 and texanphinatic like this.
  24. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I bet the guy in the replay booth was hoping the call reached him....he was probably shocked as anyone that in the PERFECT STORM he couldnt say NE had the 1st down.:hi5:

25. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Didnt Peyton already have a pair of 70+ drives in the 4th quarter?

Didnt he basically do to us what the Patriots would have been setting him up to do? IMO, he IS the best QB in the game, and may go down as the best ever. The best defense is a good offense.

Brady and co. had put up 450, all they needed was 2 more. It was a good gamble - and one BB wins more often than he loses. This time he came up short.

GISH likes this.
  26. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Manning would have drove down that field anyways.

27. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    I have yet to hear any sports analyst give props to Indy's defense for making the stop. If I were in Belicheats shoes, I would of done the same thing. Like GISH said:

28. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    The Onion had this very funny half time report:
    http://www.theonion.com/content/news/patriots_lead_colts_at_halftime