1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyone better off with Taylor trade

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-flsphyde26sbapr26,0,1525033.column

When Taylor two-stepped by Dolphins headquarters this month, he was welcomed with hugs by his temporary teammates and ice by Parcells, according to sources in the building.

Tony Sparano, the new coach, did approach Taylor. But no hug was coming. Sparano said that while Taylor was dancing with his stars in Hollywood, the Dolphins players were sweating through offseason workouts.

You can understand Sparano. He inherited a 1-15 team. These are his first workouts as a rookie coach. It doesn't matter if it's April. This is where he sets the template of his culture. And the star player — really, the only player left on the marquee — is out fox trotting?

TheMageGandalf likes this.
  2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    As they should have been cold to him. He's doing his thing and the new staff has to set a standard and actions like JTs won't be tolerated, especially by a rebuilding 1-15 team that lacked discipline and leadership. JT would be better served finishing out with an established team so he can set up his post football life or just flat out retire, but the ride here is definately over.

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I agree with this article. It seems as if JT wants out, he's just too classy to come out and just say it. It seems as if Parcells wants him out because he doesnt have much playing time left, but still has value at this time. I think its great that we started out the process asking for a late 1st round. I don't think anyone would ever give us that, but at least it sets the bar high for negotiations. Ideally I think we'd be looking at a 2nd round pick and possibly getting a 4th, or a 5th with it. Thats if someone really wants him at some point in the day today. If it comes down to it, and nobody is biting, I may even be willing to accept a very early third. We just have too many needs at this point in time to hang onto JT if he doesnt want to be here, and it sure seems that way. Id hate to see him go, but I'd hate to see the Dolphins suffer another disappointing season and slow this rebuilding process even more by hanging onto JT and not getting some draft picks for him while he still has value. Id like a 2 and a 4 for him, but id settle for a 2 and a 5, even a 3rd this year and maybe something next year. Its better to get rid of a guy as he enters the tail end of his career while he still has value to this team(in the way of picks) than it is to hang on, and cherish all he's done for us, and get nothing for him in return when he decides to walk away from the game. Afterall, we need to rebuild this team with youth, the only way to do that is to dump JT for some draft picks, then everyone moves on happily ever after... in time anyways.

4. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Yeah, JT's time here is up...

I know they say they want a 1st but I wouldn't put it past them being in round 2 and a player is on the board they didnt expect to see and really want him and end up giving JT and maybe swapping a late round pick with another team to grab that 2nd rounder right then and there...

It also could be the other way around...if a team is looking at a pick and just doesn't see anyone at that spot that would be better than going with JT and go ahead and ante up...

Although it wouldn't surprise me too much if he's still here Monday and we make a trade later on...but I dont see his name on the opening day roster thats for sure.

5. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Sorry but JT seems like he wants to come off looking like the "good guy" so when he's interviewed he can say he was pushed out and never wanted to leave Miami in the first place. That's how this whole thing reads to me and I do not like it.

phinsoldia likes this.